Meet the worlds most expensive tire cover!

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

What you see pictured here is a spare tire cover. Yup, one of those things you see covering the spare wheel at the back of Perodua Kembara's, Toyota Rav 4's and even the Mafia's choice Mercedes 'Geländewagen', except that this is one very special tire cover.

It might not be the Faberge egg or a Van Gogh, but this particular cover just so happens to be the most expensive tire cover in the world. Why? Because its art dammit, and you cant argue with art!

Painted by British contemporary artist Damien Hurst, whose is also famous for creating the most expensive sculpture by a living artist ever; a diamond encrusted skull that costs US$100million, the cover currently retails for around £900, puny by comparison to the Skull but that's over RM4,000 for a tire cover.

This is not Hirst's first venture into the world of automotive art. Earlier this year, he painted an Audi A1 that later sold for US$527,000 at an auction held by Sir Elton John.

The cover itself is made of different materials - a high-quality stainless steel band covers the tire thread area, the central area that displays the artists work is made out of a high-impact plastic material.

Looking for something to spice up your Italian Mafioso blacked out G-Class? Slap on a fashionable tire cover and announce to the low life cafone that you're not only rich and powerful, but you also have an eye for the finer things in life, like a Damien Hurst tire cover. That should get you noticed, and possibly whacked.

Source: AutoBlog

Attachments

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey car freaks out there....i'm using a wira yr 2000....actually my mom's car given to me when i entered college in yr 2003...its a auto 1.5.....

i checked out the auto trader where there was an advertisement saying that a guy from cheras wana seel his mivec rs 1.8 engine, the wiring system n the suspension with installation for RM 5500....

i was interested so i went to my regular wiring shop to consult with him....he is a racer...goes to sepang very often n he uses a satria mivec...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience