loss power like running 3 cylinder

Mat Indera

Feb 26, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
My evo 4 engine transplant to waja after running 10-15 minutes suddenly loss power, like running with 3 cylinders and engine check light on. Idling rough and low rpm, engine likely to stall and whole body vibrate. Switch off the engine and start again, the engine back to normal. Be able to boost up to 1.2 bar

After driving 10-15 minutes the same problem come again, engine loss power, check light on, idling vibrate and like running with 3 cylinders. Switch off the engine and re-start, it back to normal again. Please sifu help!! what could the problem.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
2 thing to check first,the spark plugs and the coil on plug and the plug cable

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I smells o2 sensor smoking.. Since check engine light is on, the most ideal way is to poke computer :nurse:

Mat Indera

Feb 26, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Than I need to drive until the check light ON and struggly drive to the scan workshop. If left Idling, the engine will dead. If I re-start the check light is gone and engine back to normal. Computer Scan will will not detect any problem.

Serious coordination to be made with scan workshop.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Than I need to drive until the check light ON and struggly drive to the scan workshop. If left Idling, the engine will dead. If I re-start the check light is gone and engine back to normal. Computer Scan will will not detect any problem.

Serious coordination to be made with scan workshop.
not really.i do believe all ecu will keep memory of error code which pops up.
some ecu can self delete the error code from its memory after s spesific time the engine is restart as it treats the error as a one off.

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Is better than guessing desperately end up engine rebuilt, don't worry obd2 available at most workshop these days.

Mat Indera

Feb 26, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Checked and found that 2 injectors not function. Injector coil no pulse. Spark plug and coil OK. Change with 2nd hand same evo 4 ecu than running ok for the past one week. ECU problem.

Thanks all for advise

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

civic EH5 (local model)

just noticed my PS fluid are low and found out that my tie rod have leaks. what are possible solution?

p/s: i've replaced whole steering rack less than 2y ago

another question from pic below... do i need to replace bush? (outer tie rod)

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience