Looking For The Parts Urgent for Airtrek

Feb 6, 2013
Negeri Sembilan
Hello all guys here,

I use my airtrek turbo thats having problems with engine light switch on when start the engine, cannot pull of the the paddle..what is the problem actualy..i suspect airflow sensor.

urgent reply from the members.

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hello all guys here,

I use my airtrek turbo thats having problems with engine light switch on when start the engine, cannot pull of the the paddle..what is the problem actualy..i suspect airflow sensor.

urgent reply from the members.
You're correct: most PROBABLY the airflow sensor, otherwise known as MAF sensor.

I've changed many times with 2nd hand units: from Mun Lee, AE - depends on luck. Can last 5-6 months before spoiled again. Cost RM400-600. Better get new unit - costs RM1300 from Ah Wah, RM1350 from Jalan Ipoh part shop.

Before change, better clean first with Electronic Contact Cleaner. Can get this from ACE Hardware. If problem still persists - run EvoScan to detect error codes.

Second most probable reason: MAP sensor - located on the intake manifold.

The most problematic thing is, sometimes if you run EvoScan, you'll get a single error code. It says MAP sensor. You change MAP sensor - problem persists. You change MAF sensor - problem goes away. But there were no error code for MAF sensor.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,

Aim: Discuss what's the best car to use as project car.
Objective: Find the right One for weekend joys.

I believe most of the people take daily car as project car, conquering track, street and drive everyday. Simply, cars in Malaysia are quite a premium to own. I'm wondering, how many people own a track car that never register on road? Does it worth to do it this way? Or rather an OTR (with register plate) for weekend car?

I have a decent everyday ride, I'm thinking...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience