Looking for quiet exhaust

aramis

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Cyberjaya/KL/PJ
www.scuba2u.com
Im driving a 2-door EG with 1.8l Vtec. Im currently searching high and low for a quiet exhaust....besides mugen twin-loop, does anyone have any other recommendation?

Power gain is not important, as long as it is quiet and there is no power loss, I'm happy. :)

blur_civic

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
KL/PJ
Same here... Im looking for one too.. Trying to find one which doesnt sound like a trumpet when you step hard on the gas.. :)

I dont mind the bassy sound when it is idle.. just dont want the scream like mad when throttle is wide opened... any ideas?

aramis

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Cyberjaya/KL/PJ
www.scuba2u.com
Originally posted by blur_civic@Jan 26 2005, 18:14
Same here... Im looking for one too.. Trying to find one which doesnt sound like a trumpet when you step hard on the gas.. :)

I dont mind the bassy sound when it is idle.. just dont want the scream like mad when throttle is wide opened... any ideas?
u driving EK? I used the DC5 muffler in my old EK. Damn cun. :)

kennji

Known Member
Mar 4, 2004
Cyberjaya
Visit site
apexi N1 not very loud meh...? how about the tanabe G-medalion...quiet compared to others. maybe the FGK legalis R also good. but hard to find...

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
Originally posted by aramis@Jan 26 2005, 23:06
Im using Apexi N1 and the sound is......loud!
thought there are two version of the apexi N1...

one is for race use only and not road legal, one is for road use, rated at 95dB, i guess... cuz i just go to their website and try to find these figures out of all the jap words cuz i can't read them :lol:

your N1 got jasma chop?

aramis

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Cyberjaya/KL/PJ
www.scuba2u.com
Originally posted by rollakid+Jan 26 2005, 23:49 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rollakid @ Jan 26 2005, 23:49 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-aramis@Jan 26 2005, 23:06
Im using Apexi N1 and the sound is......loud!
thought there are two version of the apexi N1...

one is for race use only and not road legal, one is for road use, rated at 95dB, i guess... cuz i just go to their website and try to find these figures out of all the jap words cuz i can't read them :lol:

your N1 got jasma chop? [/b][/quote]
not sure. got to check tomorrow. But I guess mine is race used....coz even my workshop mech also said its loud... ;)

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Originally posted by Dremel@Jan 27 2005, 00:22
tanabe racing medallion :D
that is one loud motha! HAhaha... =)

Try Sard Arouse... comes with a 'self adjustable silencer'... very uniquely designed where its soft at low revs... but louder at high revs. The bad thing about this is, the silencer easily kong... a friend of mine using this on his EK, silencer kong after using for a year.

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by alvin24+Jan 27 2005, 00:41 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (alvin24 @ Jan 27 2005, 00:41 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dremel@Jan 27 2005, 00:22
tanabe racing medallion :D
that is one loud motha! HAhaha... =)

Try Sard Arouse... comes with a 'self adjustable silencer'... very uniquely designed where its soft at low revs... but louder at high revs. The bad thing about this is, the silencer easily kong... a friend of mine using this on his EK, silencer kong after using for a year. [/b][/quote]
hmm...sounds interesting...
how much ar?
and where to buy?
jfa?

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
if not mistaken apexi manufactures something that you can control the flow of the exhaust gas right? like a gate.. close it->less power less noice.....

HKS dragger 2? not very sure about the noice but IMO more silent then other hks muffler, low bass sound, not annoying...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We have with us a brand new Honda Civic, face lifted to the latest version with this sleek looking bluewish grey colour. We are here to get the car fully protected with Opti-Coat™Pro.

Upon arrival, we did our standard walk around to inspect for any visible damages...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience