lighten crank pulley (alloy)

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
wat brand of LCP bro?

IMHO, the crank pulley is a component directly attached & bolted down to the crank, it has no electrical or mechanical parts, pretty UNLIKELY it would failed. for example if i ever turbocharged my Myvi with additional....say 50 hp, the engine would pull stronger and quicker that's all, the RPM redline should remains the same. The pulley will not go out of shape nor break apart from the extra power.

However, chances of belt slippage is possible when there's a sudden surge in engine RPM = less grip on the drive belt i guess...due to the extra power.

This happens when there's a sudden RPM surge, the engine turning so quickly that the grip between the pulley & belt slips momentarily. it is very quick mili-sec squeaking noise from the belt slippage. but that should not damage the engine nor the pulley.

however if my myvi produce power more than 150hp...i would avoid the LCP...

civicskunk2

Aug 13, 2008
just bought LCP. first drive was very good. during traffic jam is good as easy to accelarate. but when no cars on hway to reach 140km so damn hard. damn!!!!!. so to cucuk bigger cars is like hell. cars revs up more but car not moving fast. so moral of story i seek for accelarate duirng start stop & traffic jam i end up scrificing stop speed. u cant have both worlds with LCP. i think i need to get the oem back. really frustrated. maybe i need to retune my emanage. i think thats the way to get both.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Not all LCPs are undersized. I personally don't recommend undersized either unless your car's a race car and is always high revving the crap outta the engine.

I'm using the Mythelogy LCP which is slightly (3% to 5%) undersized... and the difference is the acceleration. That's it. Top speed, torque, HP, all not affected.

However there's a risk when using LCP, the rubber dampener on stock CP is called a "harmonic dampener". It absorbs minor or any sort of vibration caused by imbalanced crank or generally the whole assembly. Without the rubber you run the risk of wearing out your crank oil seal or the crank pulley much faster. No catastrophic damage or whatever scary stuff.

My crank assembly and my original pully was balanced when the engine was rebuilt. When it spoilt (the pulley) I changed to 2 original pulleys and each one got damaged one way or another. Imbalanced pulley la, damn loud squeeling noise la, then finally I swapped to the LCP. Now I change my crank oil seal about every 5 to 6 months because of leaking problems.

So not only do I have to worry about harmonic vibration, I have a problem with balancing too but at least the CP is no longer breaking down like the earlier 3 OEM ones.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
on 20v, the crank pulley has no rubber what-so-ever..

from what i see la.. :biggrin:

civicskunk2

Aug 13, 2008
damn...this LCP is giving me a real stress. if i'm in a traffic jam my steering is getting heavier(power steering), my alternator is weak and my aircon is not cooling. if i'm cruising in highway its ok. so after using for 3 days i must say LCP good when u accelerate from 0-90kmh all gears. very damn stupid if caught in traffic jam and during speeding top speed at highway. if you guys out there is seeking power go get a small turbo car. its not fun to drive a car that is damn hard to keep going fast. do you know why know we feel like to find more power for our car????before this no because we are pouring ron97. today we can afford only ron95.ron95 reduces our acceleration and power and mileage. so to blend in with ron95, the best way to feel power is either you get a higher cc car or get a small turbo car(VW cars or new proton car, EXORA or Tuah).

for vtec cars either you go for b18c gsr or b20b low compression. this setup can accept ron95. type r must at least use ron97.(FD2R ron99). b20b can endorse with JPJ.need extra money i guess. fuel consumption will slightly higher of course if u caught in traffic jam but highway same as b18c.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
When you say the alternator is not charging, will this cause difficulty to start in the mornings or after a few days of not starting?

civicskunk2

Aug 13, 2008
yeah that is correct. if lets say just came from traffic jam, and I stop the car to buy food to start again is very hard. at first i didn't notice but when it happens regularly i know the lighten campulley is the reason.damn...can we live like this just to get that acceralation?not worth it. i have tried it and it gives me problems...i dont think after one week of use it will turn to normal.i dont think so. so i might as well use it for 1 year. after that throw it in lombong...just waste of money. i dont know why lighten flywheel is ok...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
damn...this LCP is giving me a real stress. if i'm in a traffic jam my steering is getting heavier(power steering), my alternator is weak and my aircon is not cooling. if i'm cruising in highway its ok. so after using for 3 days i must say LCP good when u accelerate from 0-90kmh all gears. very damn stupid if caught in traffic jam and during speeding top speed at highway. if you guys out there is seeking power go get a small turbo car. its not fun to drive a car that is damn hard to keep going fast. do you know why know we feel like to find more power for our car????before this no because we are pouring ron97. today we can afford only ron95.ron95 reduces our acceleration and power and mileage. so to blend in with ron95, the best way to feel power is either you get a higher cc car or get a small turbo car(VW cars or new proton car, EXORA or Tuah).

for vtec cars either you go for b18c gsr or b20b low compression. this setup can accept ron95. type r must at least use ron97.(FD2R ron99). b20b can endorse with JPJ.need extra money i guess. fuel consumption will slightly higher of course if u caught in traffic jam but highway same as b18c.
What car are you driving? And what pulley are you using? If your nick is what you're driving and you're using a undersized pulley, go get one that isn't la. Mythelogy pulleys aren't undersized or max 5% only.

I saw your earlier comment about the Myvi, and I had that surge belt slip problem like you said. Mine's a pretty stock Myvi and even cruising at 120km/h the belt would slip and irritate the hell out of me every 5 minutes with another slip. I changed back to stock pulley thinking it would fix things and no.. it didn't. I think the slippage damaged the belt itself so it might be a better idea to swap both a new belt along with the stock pulley.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
If the pulley is d same size as the stock 1, i don't think it would cause any problem

If smaller maybe got problem for daily use.

I bought a LCP recently but haven't had d chance to test it yet

from what i see the pulleys are exactly d same size. The only difference is their weight.

Lighter things rotate using lesser power. don't u agree?

civicskunk2

Aug 13, 2008
i use arospeed as the shop only sells that. i dont know. need to come out another rm300-rm500?waste of money. why not i save my money to rm2500 i upgrade to b20b low compression with toda cams....lg syiok. i might as well use this pulley. hope it will last long for 1 year. i shouldn't gatal2 bought at the first place.

to those out there please study first b4 upgrade anything. to upgrade u need to study. if you have a trusted tuner no need la... for opinions u can check with ah keong sri muda.

lighten cam pulley are ment for racing cars. not daily driving car.

if u like to upgrade cars must think of fuel u will be using....ron95 want power go for turbo or 2 liter engine.

i bet u ron97 price will not come down. same goes to ron95.

so here we have to face facts...we all love type r's but for the sake of money lets u all change to b20b....yeah....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You're probably right about changing the engine.

but to say lightened crank pulley is for racing cars, that's not quite true la. Arospeed one is a heavily reduced size pulley la.. no wonder you're having problems with your aircon and all. Like I said earlier in my posts, if it's not undersized you won't have this problem.

civicskunk2

Aug 13, 2008
oic...o thought there were the same size. you could be right. if size is smaller then oem for sure it will disturb the system. what i'm experiencing is when i on the AC, during traffic jams really kill your joy of driving. if gives u more stress. not only that in fifth gear is really hard to speed up to 160km. here I LOSE TO A MYVI. DAMN!!!!!!.So i guess i will not use it at all. I will change to OEM immediately b4 it damages to my engine....

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
im using LCP cos my previous OEM CP suddenly wobbled hence damaged my crankshaft...
therefore my pomen told me to use LCP, if anything happens, the LCP will cabut itself & wont damage the crankshaft....
dunno is it true anot.

civicskunk2

Aug 13, 2008
hard to believe that. i just changed my pulley to OEM. power steering aircon alternator back to normal. accelerate hard and car goes fast as usual. damn rm360 burned just like that. better i donate that money to orphanage. can't wait to upgrade to b20b. need to find rm2500.yeah....

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

lighten flywheel usually comes with racing clutch. so you can't say u dont want the flywheel. so lighten flywheel no problem with my car. happy revving.

lighten crank pulley disturbs your systmes