lighten crank pulley (alloy)

ashyu90

Known Member
Oct 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
whether lighten crank pulley (alloy) is a much help in improving the performance of the engine???? :hmmmm:

there are many differences from the oem crank pulley???

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
its lighter so it gives your engine faster response and it unleashes a few hp.. but sifu's from here can help u out more i guess..

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
read somewhere that without the dampener in stock crank pulley, it will shorten the life of the engine...
i wonder how far is the truth in it... :hmmmm:

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
LCP(Lighten Crank Pulley) shud give u more pick up due to the lighten characteristic.

wat i read is dat...smaller/underdrive pulley will sacrifice your top speed plus burden the car electrical system but gives u the biggest gain in terms of butt dyno...coz it shud be very small and light...

if u wanna use LCP, try to get LCP that is OE size.
other than the pick up...i dun see any significant of using this LCP...

btw...i m using one in P.Myvi...well its a small cc car and manual...just felt the car revs very quickly/eagerly...and my butt dyno says i does increase the pick up...but i never got the chance to try top speed as i dare not push the pedal anymore...uhuhuhu!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
my opinion....

to keep thing in balance when we change lighten crank pulley...change into lighten flywheel also...

:driver:

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
if we do lighten the flywheel also...wouldn't it affect the car ability on hilly roads...
heard dat cars with lighten flywheel will have less power to climb hilly/steep roads...

my fren with lighten flywheel broke his car clutch plate if not mistaken when trying to overtake cars on genting road as he just use third gear all the way in order to overtake..ahahaha...

Viera Sasaki

Known Member
Feb 17, 2011
Perlis,Malaysia
if we do lighten the flywheel also...wouldn't it affect the car ability on hilly roads...
heard dat cars with lighten flywheel will have less power to climb hilly/steep roads...

my fren with lighten flywheel broke his car clutch plate if not mistaken when trying to overtake cars on genting road as he just use third gear all the way in order to overtake..ahahaha...

From my experience using the lighten flywheel, it does decrease the torque and it became worst when going uphill. But it does increase the throttle response a lot.

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
you will feel lighter and more responsive, i am using works wan now on my 1.8 its help together with cam pulley and better clutch.. he he he.............

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
you will feel lighter and more responsive, i am using works wan now on my 1.8 its help together with cam pulley and better clutch.. he he he.............
hi there...
i have a few doubt on works LCP...
coz read in the advertisement...it is smaller size than OE.

so want to know yr feedback how was the top speed afterward?
tq in advance... :adore:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
under-drive pulley.....

reduce the power steering load, alternator load, A/C compressor load from engine rotation....

means engine can turn easier (and might release a bit of missing power)......

but downside.....battery charging only happens at higher rpm than std..not good for those who always stuck in jamm.....and a/c oso not really cold during idle...coz the rotation of those a/c and alternator was reduced....steering might become heavy at slow speed oso :adore:

how it change the result i didn;t really know....u need to test wether to check if u like it or not... :adore:

ashyu90

Known Member
Oct 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i have a problem here...i have using LCP since 2 or 3 years ago...no problem with my engine...but now, when i do majot modification n get more power...i have problem...last 2 weeks...i "tarik" my car until rpm 9k...something bad has happen...my crank pulley was broken..crank angle crash...damn...now i use oem crank pulley...pomen said...better safe to use oem because there are have rubber that can absorb the vibration.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i planing to change my engine form b16a to b18c
i am newbie too.... i duno what thing to do...
and how much with fully swaping ? my dolphin still full stock....

JPJ still aprove ppl changing engine?
any big dai kor can teach me ?:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience