Lamborghini on Fire in Malaysia

monkeybrainz36

From Facebook
Jun 24, 2012
Selangor
www.facebook.com
This is a pretty old video of 3 Singaporean Lamborghinis that caught on fire after an accident. Recently more car fires have been happening(The S400 Hybrid that caught on fire recently) and was wondering if anyone has encountered a car fire themselves before?
I'm pretty paranoid and was wondering if I should get a fire extinguisher for my car. Any suggestions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z10EwdpCHFc

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
just buy a portable fire extinguisher, and put it in the car, just in case. It wont cost a bomb.
It is better to have it when you need it.

Mudah.com has many dealers selling it, and some even provide free delivery.

Safety matters.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, I have fire extinguishers in my cars and in my house. Just better to have than not. The small portable ones might not help in big fire, but of course we try to stop the fire when it is still small....:driver:

eviltoaster

Oct 3, 2006
Malacca
I strongly advise you to not only get it for your car, but also for your home.
I remember when I was young I was playing around with a lighter and decided to burn a piece of tissue paper in my parents' bedroom. When the fire got too big, I panicked and threw it into the dustbin. Long story short, I screamed, my older sister came in and put out the fire in the dustbin with a fire extinguisher.
Back then I always thought it was pointless to have a fire extinguisher in the house until that happened to me.
A few years back I safeguarded my house with a basic fire fighting kit for my own home. I did a bit of googling and the company that I got my kit from is now selling their stuff on Lazada. [U]http://www.lazada.com.my/fire-fighter1/[/U]

-edit-
Wah... I didn't know they have 1kg fire extinguishers. Seems pretty portable.

Last edited:

norick

Known Member
Mar 28, 2006
i hv a 1kg fire extinguisher in my car sit for more than 5 yrs since the day i saw there's a "petrol fountains" under my bonnet…
the petrol hose that split to nos solenoid is leaking, some more its some where above the turbo…..

Pls get at least 1kg & monitor the pressure of it time to time…
1kg isnt really that much to use, dont get those fancy tiny bottle type..

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
If can, better to get more that 1kg extinguisher size.
1 kg ones gives about 10 second discharge time only.
During emergency, ppl might miss-aim, mis-judge distance from fire, etc, Much of the powder can be wasted...
I have trained in fire safety, and mistakes do happens during emergency, panic time...

If your car has a monster engine, then invest a 5 kg extinguisher......for just-in-case scenario.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well, this only for emergency. Better to have than none at all. Too big a fire, I think 5kg also no help. Problem is where to store the 5kg tank....hhahahhaha

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Remove security tint from at least one window. Don't want to barberque your a$$ like a rat trapped in cage. It's not hard to imagine times when your doors and windows are inoperative, due to damage or electrical failure.

Recently one of my old rubber fuel lines split a seam and petrol gushed out from the car when the ignition was turned on. You don't even need a big impact to rupture the fuel system for the potential of a big conflagaration.

monkeybrainz36

From Facebook
Jun 24, 2012
Selangor
www.facebook.com
Yup, nowadays they have 1kg ones, or the 1L ones just nice for the car....:driver:
The 1KG ones look so cute. I've actually never heard of the 1L ones?

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

i hv a 1kg fire extinguisher in my car sit for more than 5 yrs since the day i saw there's a "petrol fountains" under my bonnet…
the petrol hose that split to nos solenoid is leaking, some more its some where above the turbo…..

Pls get at least 1kg & monitor the pressure of it time to time…
1kg isnt really that much to use, dont get those fancy tiny bottle type..
Oh my goodness. Did you get to use the 1KG fire extinguisher at all? And yeah, I've read that those "mosquito spray can" ones aren't effective. :itsme:

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Well, this only for emergency. Better to have than none at all. Too big a fire, I think 5kg also no help. Problem is where to store the 5kg tank....hhahahhaha
Bye Bye leg space for back seats.Hahahahahah

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

I strongly advise you to not only get it for your car, but also for your home.
I remember when I was young I was playing around with a lighter and decided to burn a piece of tissue paper in my parents' bedroom. When the fire got too big, I panicked and threw it into the dustbin. Long story short, I screamed, my older sister came in and put out the fire in the dustbin with a fire extinguisher.
Back then I always thought it was pointless to have a fire extinguisher in the house until that happened to me.
A few years back I safeguarded my house with a basic fire fighting kit for my own home. I did a bit of googling and the company that I got my kit from is now selling their stuff on Lazada. [U]http://www.lazada.com.my/fire-fighter1/[/U]

-edit-
Wah... I didn't know they have 1kg fire extinguishers. Seems pretty portable.
Hahahah, you should be wearing a fireproof suit wherever you go man. You're a fire hazard. Thanks for your recommendation!
I actually got 3 of the 1KG fire extinguishers from the link you posted. One for my car, one for my room and one for my kitchen. Since, it's not too expensive anyways. ahhaha

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
if buying aerosol type, make sure the extinguisher suits for car fire application....
car fire aint simply about paper on fire.....hahah

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

I am having difficulty in removing very very stubborn water spots on my windscreen. This is what i've already tried

1. white Vinegar 100% strength leave it for 5 mins.
2. Meguairs Water spot remover by hand and by rotary buffer
3. Clay with opc and meg's quik detailer.
4. scraping it with my finger nails. Doesn't come off!!
5. Meg's ultimate compound by hand.

Any advise is greatly appreciated :)

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience