• KFC Customer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Having been in the customer service line once where I had to go to customers' locations everyday, I would like to share that the saying 'CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT', is not exactly right.

Sometimes even, it can be wrong.

The saying have been the butt of jokes and topic of discussions on many occasions, such as the following:

Top 5 reasons why “The Customer Is Always Right” is wrong

When I was working in the customer service line, my ex-boss reminded me that if a customer starts to raise his voice against me, or worse yet starts to hurl expletives, then I should contact him immediately and I'm allowed to leave the customer's premises. The phrase that my boss like to use is 'uncalled for': to yell and curse at people, is 'uncalled for'.

A customer has it's rights, and his rights extend only to the service/product that he has paid for. Everything else is 'value-added', or 'bonus'. No worker asked to be paid so that he got scolded. A worker got paid to do work: performing service or selling products.

I think this understanding extends across all boundaries and races: I'm a Malay and I was told ALL OF THESE by my ex-boss: who is a Chinese.

I believe everybody can be relieved that KFC and the customer, the ONLY two parties that were involved in this matter, have settled with the acceptance of an apology. That is wonderful. Customer never brought up any legal action, and now he got additional vouchers.

My hope for the customer: don't go to i-City to redeem the vouchers ahahahaha :rofl:

Deacon Frost,
You still don't get the point do you?
Nobody is harping on the issue of Customers is always right ... What is argued is is that the staff shouldn't have laid his hands on the customer. In this modern world that is totally unacceptable. Tell me if you can justify the actions of the said KFC staff of hitting someone just because that someone complained.

Last edited:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
KFC workers is not chicken......don play2 ok....don provoke n insult them like they r maid or servent or slave...so u wanna chicken eat this Kung Fu Chicken...wachaaaaa!!

Dude, u must be dat douchebag dat beaten up danny's fren/relative/supporter..Watever it is, nobody is treating the workers like you've said, is it an offence/insult when we complain??..I know raising voice is not right but which is more wrong, complain+raise voice or ASSAULT+PROVOKE+RACIALLY ABUSE??..The i-city douchebag could have retaliated by talking back, but why must he choose to assault+racially abused instead?..Raising voice is provocative to you, so when your boss do dat to you, do u whack+insult yr boss back?..Ppl like u is no different with the kfc i-city douchebag, UNCIVILISED+MORON+RACIST...:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

Last edited:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
1. the KFC staffs should be properly trained...not just hire them & tell them to work in the kitchen.

2.if anyone is working in the service line, they should have tolerance & be patient, if they dont have that criteria, work somewhere else.

3. were a paying customer, we always demand....

4.the store manager should anticipate the situation whereby they know that KFC is giving free vouchers (i heard many customers pre ordered their meals in advance online) & went to KFC-ICity to redeem it & increase their order in chickens or get their stocks from other stores.

5.for me, id blame the store manager he should have done something when they run short on chickens & calm the situation before it got out of hand.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
yes, branch manager is the 1 who's responsible for all this..

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
LOL... KFC 1 ZTH 0 .. I'm loving it!!

Looks like there must be lots of chicken lover here or just staff/x staff are ZTH member ...

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Deacon Frost,
You still don't get the point do you?
Nobody is harping on the issue of Customers is always right ... What is argued is is that the staff shouldn't have laid his hands on the customer. In this modern world that is totally unacceptable. Tell me if you can justify the actions of the said KFC staff of hitting someone just because that someone complained.
Well bro, even if I didn't get the point and you did, we are still not the parties involved. We have no locus standi bro.

Definitely wrong to lay hands on customer even lovingly ahahaha... as one of my friends showed to me that this i-City issue even got an editor of a national English daily to write a piece about it:

How frail our unity is

My friend added that there was a video of a handphone vendor in a shopping complex beating up a customer not too long ago, and that was wrong too but not much fuss kicked.

I found myself not being able to disagree, but I told him that well... Malaysians value chicken much more highly than handphone ahahaha...

Fortunately in this issue, in the end, the customer got more vouchers and he looks happy. Let's hope that he can get his chicken this time without going through the hassle of involving a politician. He's smiling and shaking hands now so there's no need for us who are not the parties involved to prolong a resolved matter.

An apology was made and an apology was accepted. Even the poll was closed. I think we can move on.

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
no need to discuss this lor..who want eat KFC go to nearby KFC lor...who want boicott..boicott lor...no need to back-up who and who..just remind to ourself..be patient as customer...(and please don't say customer have right to scold whoever sell...or otherwise) if not happy..just don't go..

just my 2cent opinion..

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
if no complain how to improve leh?..

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
i also kena with kfc 1 times. at midvalley kfc.i que for 10-15min i think, then come my turn to take order.then he said ayam habis.. :idea::thefinger: why he not said early before? if 5min i also can tahan.but end up i blah from that kfc. that time 9.00pm - 9.30pm like that.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
yeah the correct way is to complain in a good manner, but after waited for 45mins and being disappointed, guess the patience runs out thus voice was raised..but still dat dun mean he's got the right to assault, he shud just fight back verbally if he's not satisfied..

r3dster

500 RPM
Mar 26, 2006
sue KFC!or ask for 1 gtr or a house.

i forsee KFC will start to have Anger Management class for all staff. heee..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

frenz....

i need to know about how much market selling halfcut for 4G92 MIVEC....??

anybody know??
the prize will include what parts??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience