kenari cross drilled disc rotors

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
my kenari oem front disc rotors is need of replacement, i now looking at IMP cross drilled disc rotors, is it a recommendable upgrade, or just another performance gimmick, i am tired of replacing disc rotors at almost constant interval, so guys please comment. thx!

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
once a while, downhill runs, as the car now set up partially for touge race, sport suspension and so on, i have been replacing my rotors third time now in a year, is it recommended to upgrade?

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

as my car now brake system overheats even after 2 or 3 corners, serious brake fade.

radhie

500 RPM
May 16, 2006
go for daihatsu move L900 or yrv brake..or a myvi brake..just plug n play for kenari..the rotor is more bigger than stock kenari rotor..

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
the brake fade isnt primarily caused by ur rotors...most likely have something to do with ur brake pads... wat pads u using?

and instead of changing rotor... go get the myvi caliper+rotor... direct plug n play to kenari...no mods at all...at the same time change brake fluid to DOT4 minimum...

the myvi has bigger rotors and is ventilated unlike the stock kenari rotor. should give u improvement...if u dont have steel braided hoses.. get those too.

oh....and spend the money on good brake pads oso..

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
oh i see, i will see to it. so what is the price for myvi complete brake set? caliper and rotor, can i buy brand new?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
rm250 for used....dont bother buying brand new..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
as per changing into myvi disc and caliper then might be better choose wira slotted disc that also suitable for myvi caliper....

imp is quite ok and price not that high compared to the rest of imported performance part brand

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
oh, that means the wira slotted rotor disc can pnp to kenari? if yes, would it be too much for the brake pump to handle?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
oh, that means the wira slotted rotor disc can pnp to kenari? if yes, would it be too much for the brake pump to handle?
i'm not sure about that...maybe u need to change caliper as well....

brake pump not affected...don't worry....it would handle it fine

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
go for daihatsu move L900 or yrv brake..or a myvi brake..just plug n play for kenari..the rotor is more bigger than stock kenari rotor..
rm250 for used....dont bother buying brand new..
Really ?? The YRV one can PnP to Kenari ??

Cause mine also needing replacement already,or will the Myvi brake sufficient? as my car setup just like leynye yamin,use for fast driving around touge route ...

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
i really wouldnt bother with the YRV brakes... parts availability and brake pad choices is very minimal...

get the myvi.. definitely sufficient... and tonnes of choices in pads, rotors, etc etc

or if u really want better brakes, get the B16A brakes... can have even more choices

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
ok thanks! now i have a rough idea on my new brake set up. will post up my brake set up after my budget allows. haha!

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

one more thing, with myvi brake set, i can use back the aerosport 14 inch rim rite?

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

my touge route requires small tires for fast sharp cornering, and more active acceleration.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
yes...can fit no issues..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Computer-generated image of the RWD Coupe.

Don't dismiss Hyundai as "just another Korean car maker", the Korean company is rolling out its new RWD BH-platform on which the new Coupe will be based on. The model name for the Coupe is not confirmed yet but it is rumored that it will be called the Tiburon.

Just look at those...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience