K&N Air filter and Exhaust Piping...

arsenalfc9

Feb 27, 2005
da 613, Canada
Visit site
hey folks just wanted to ask... I'm planning on exchanging my Hurricane open-pod air filter with a drop-in K&N air filter. My car also currently has original exhaust piping but I might wanna change it to straight piping. So my question is, is changing the open-pod for the drop-in a good idea??? and is RM220 a reasonable price for the K&N air filter??? Also how much does it cost to install straight-piping on my car (Kelisa) and how long does it usually take to install it??? Thanks in advance for the help and info...

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
arsenalfc9 : of course K&N is worth it, in the long run. but its up to u la .. u'll just get better airflow for ur air intake.

price of straight piping for ur kelisa not so sure, why don't u drop by a exhaust shop and inquire bout the price? ppl in ZTH here cant give u the exact price.
the time required maybe few hours? normally just awhile only, u can leave ur car at the shop n go have a drink.

p/s : ignore ppl who hav nothing better to say n who r juz jealous of ur finance capability. do wat u want with ur money. cheers.

JoePrince

Nov 18, 2004
To clarify: Best for what? Performance, ease of maintenance, retain stock look of engine bay?

Since it's a utility vehicle, it's best to fit a OEM replacement panel filter. It's a direct drop-in and you don't need to mod anything at all.

Just take out the old filter and put in the new one.

The cone shaped filters are more suitable for those who are looking beyond just better air flow such as to complement additional components to improve the performance.

azt

Dec 6, 2005
is the drop-in filter element good for a kelisa??? can it provide more power??? im using a kelisa also and planning to change the oem filter but still not sure which 1 to put. power flow or drop in.. opinions.. guys?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
azt said:
is the drop-in filter element good for a kelisa??? can it provide more power??? im using a kelisa also and planning to change the oem filter but still not sure which 1 to put. power flow or drop in.. opinions.. guys?
KNN Dropin is better......Pipercross Dropin oso ok....

at least reduces 30% more air restriction

azt

Dec 6, 2005
yeah. open pods for kelisa. power gain increase bigger than drop in??

azt

Dec 6, 2005
yeah.. a lot of ppl telling me to get drop-in.. but i see my friend use open pod for his kelisa also not bad eh.. so thts why a bit confusing

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
azt said:
yeah.. a lot of ppl telling me to get drop-in.. but i see my friend use open pod for his kelisa also not bad eh.. so thts why a bit confusing
if u wan use open port..u gotta pull one rampipe to right side of engine bay n put ur filter there so to get cooler air...

if u juz take out the filter box n replace wit open port filter....it is not so good effect coz there is a fan in front n sucking hot air instead of cool air....

for open port...u gotta do ne CAI n heatshield wil be beter...to prevent it from sucking hot air...

azt

Dec 6, 2005
wht abt power gain?? open pod or drop-in better??

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
azt said:
wht abt power gain?? open pod or drop-in better??
open port.... can hear the air sucking in as well... as u rev up, u feel damn syok... car not fast also already feeling vr fast adi...:regular_smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sorry, I got issues with spelling.

So yeah, thoughts about this car? Yes this thread is directed at an individual who recently contracted STD. Our very own izso!

Is the CVT boring?
Does the cornering ability makes you clench your butt cheeks?
Does the engine drone constantly being maintained ~3000rpm for peak torque by the CVT?

Tell us more!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience