Johnny Herbert and the Mazda 787B reunited for a lap at Circuit de la Sarthe w/video

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

It was like two peas in a pod as Johnny Herbert got snug behind the wheel of a fully restored Mazda 787B for a lap around the Circuit de la Sarthe, reuniting one of the drivers with the only rotary-powered car to have won at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, achieving that feat way back in 1991.

Although it has been a while, Herbert showed no mercy to the recently restored race car, giving it a thorough workout as he flogged it around the track, letting the legendary 26B quad-rotor powerplant hit all the high octaves. The sound that engine makes as it shrills down the Mulsanne Straight is something you have to hear to understand.

Turn the volume to max and hit play for one of the most glorious sounds in the world of cars.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/81zhOQ5PvaE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="349" width="560"></iframe>

Source: YouTube via WorldCarFans

Attachments

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
Re: Johnny Herbert and the Mazda 787B reunited for a lap at Circuit de la Sarthe w/vi

dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!

btw, i love the macho-sound when it idle instead of on Muslane Straight (almost similar to F1 and my wife when she yell, especially when her VTEC kicked in at 6000rpm).

i pray for mazda and the rotary.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Re: Johnny Herbert and the Mazda 787B reunited for a lap at Circuit de la Sarthe w/vi

rotary engine got vtec? valve also dont have how put vtec :biggrin:

SundayDriver

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008

his wife vtec la bro... his wife....

DivineWind

May 6, 2006
KL

rotaries make such sweet sounds :proud:

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007

thanks SundayDriver.... let him dont get my joke and lecture me Engine 101 instead... i dun mind... :biggrin:

midz : oooww likeee thaaattt aaaahhh...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

it may seem silly but i cant stick my new 3rd brake light [bought at abang's shop at setapak] to the rear window of my wira a/b
ive tried using the stock double sided that came with the light..n after few hours it tanggal. i try using new strong double sided from hardware shop.oso tanggal. then i use UHU glue...n then i got pissed n use superglue gam gajah! the friggin light just wont stay stuck to my rear window.

yes. during diy i did press very tightly on the light to make sure the glue...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience