Itc or SMT4?

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
jus need some opinion...
of this two...which wan works better?
i already have a safc installed on a 4g93...thinking of adding another one of this 2..
any comment on reliability and praticality?
and what bout fuel consumption?
thanx!

blur_civic

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
KL/PJ
mind telling me where you tuned your S-afc? :)

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site
Since u already had SAFC, the natural choice would be Apexi ITC. I don't own neither SMT nor ITC so can't comment which one is better,

PutraCraze

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
gti... if u install itc into mitsu... basically u will on able to vary the timing til a very minor extend oni... maybe up to 8 degree... coz mitsubishi ecu is powerful enuff to sense any over advanced timing back to normal wat they ecu feel is good... in terms of reliablity to the engine... so... this means u basically wasted your time n money... i done this before... no up to wat i expect it would be.. so.. since smt is an piggyback with ignition map... so go for it...

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site
The stock 4G93 ECU retards ignition via knock sensor, over-advanced timing through piggyback is defeated by the ECU, but if the timing is not over-advanced it should be ok right? 8 degrees over stock timing is quite plenty. Instead of pushing the ignition to dangerous zone, maybe one should look into increasing the knock limit of the engine (eg higher grade gasoline etc).

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
wah...i dun understand wat u toking la....hahahah too 'high' for me aredi :P
hehehanyway thanx for ur advice....but smt4 is more expensive than itc.... :(
hmm....headache <_<

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
but after reading a few times....i kinda understand wat u r trying to say aredi....
i think i got ur point... :D
thanx anyway to both sifu :)

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site
Hehe, me far and away from a sifu, just another hopeless wannabe, even my car still running on carbie, just looking for EFI mod :lol:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all sifu,

I have 2 walbro pump. One which i get hold at the beginning of the year and another brand new unit which i got hold last month. When i compare the two pump, i noticed there is different with the fitting supplied, eg the harness socket, the short fuel hose and the fuel filter is different between the two that i brought. I did not have the opportunity to compare the pump unit itself yet.

I am suspecting one is fake. Please help me to identify which should be the real deal...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience