Is installing Open Pod air intake supposed to be loud at higher accerleration?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
RM520 directly from works or car workshop/performance workshop? If the power improves at 3k rpm..I think it's still quite suitable for city drive...coz I usually switch gear at 2-3k rpm. But the noise might really be a prob...better insulation on the firewall maybe?

I'm actually thinking of either getting drop in knn...then I saw this cf filter and it really looks nice n sweeeeet

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Later others get intimidated with ur sound and thinking u wanna race with them :rofl:

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
yes. it's true. the more you press the pedal, the louder suction sound you'll hear. it's due to low/unrestricted air sucked into the intake manifold.

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
RM520 directly from works or car workshop/performance workshop? If the power improves at 3k rpm..I think it's still quite suitable for city drive...coz I usually switch gear at 2-3k rpm. But the noise might really be a prob...better insulation on the firewall maybe?

I'm actually thinking of either getting drop in knn...then I saw this cf filter and it really looks nice n sweeeeet
RM 520 from a workshop with installation. Just tested on highway, 3k rpm is still ok at 120km/h, beyond 3k rpm the sound will be louder. i was thinking to have better insulation, but it will to much work where they might strip off the entire dashboard to do it. at first was looking into drop in filter, but after much research, drop-in doesnt make much different on performance.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Later others get intimidated with ur sound and thinking u wanna race with them :rofl:
sounded nice, like i got 400bhp under my hood, infact it still drive like a typical alza.:banghead:

Civic Type R

Known Member
Jun 6, 2011
Sarawak
forum.myviclub.com
bro, waiting for the pic, wakaka...wonder how issit looks like, or u can opt for hood insulator...
Done that,stil loud whn VTEC kick in.. :biggrin:

satrianeo-x

Jul 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
huh?improve FC for open pod?i tot more air = more fuel = more power? lolz....:smokin:
missing one element: acceleration
acceleration depression = air(1) + fuel(1) = power(2);
if (acceleration depression (+5))
(air + fuel) + 5);
POWER +10
else if (acceleration depression (+1))
(air + fuel) + 1);
POWER +2;
else end if(got tree and bang);

HAHAHHAA LOL

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
haha, will upload pic right after lunch
ok, :smokin:, what is the filter element?coz all i can see is the CF, inside will be a CF mesh?

missing one element: acceleration
acceleration depression = air(1) + fuel(1) = power(2);
if (acceleration depression (+5))
(air + fuel) + 5);
POWER +10
else if (acceleration depression (+1))
(air + fuel) + 1);
POWER +2;
else end if(got tree and bang);

HAHAHHAA LOL
lolz....nice equation wor, engineering background?keke:driver:...itu tree sudden stop, better than 8pot brake..lolz:adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi everybody, i'm new here.......i own a proton 1.5 (m) 2002 which perform like a trishaw........ i am thinking of few modification without changing the engine.

First, i would like to change the air filter to a less resistance one........is it ok ? Which brand to choose and any precaution should i take ?

Second, the exhaust system........can i fixed up a 4-2-1 manifold ( extractor ) only and keep the rest original until the muffles, as i dun want loud sound.

Anything else i can do to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience