i think to buy RX8 .....but im not sure the car is ok on engine and gearbox or not?

faruck

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2011
selangor
Re: i think to buy RX8 .....but im not sure the car is ok on engine and gearbox or no

this thing drink petrol like :top:

turb0

1,500 RPM
Oct 22, 2005
Penang
www.kenshiro.lelong.com.my
Re: i think to buy RX8 .....but im not sure the car is ok on engine and gearbox or no

bro..u better think twice for this car..

and u shud worry about cost of overhaul the engine.
u go and ask first..
if your pocket loaded, then it will be different story.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

RX-8, and the rotaries before it are known to be manja cars, requiring a lot of love, attention and care. If this is going to be your only car, then really not recommended.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Price of RX-8 has been depreciating until it is lower than a FD3S RX-7. Not that I am lowering your morale but try and think why a newer RX-8 can depreciate until it is cheaper than a near 20 years old FD3S RX-7.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

To me, RX-7 is still more worth buying that RX-8. Comparing the maintenance wise,
I rather get RX-7 which is a much better car than RX-8 and also looks way better.
A living legend. :top:

Seen this car before in Super GT area 2 years ago.

Mazda RX-7 FD3S(M) - Cars for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

To me, RX-7 is still more worth buying that RX-8. Comparing the maintenance wise, I rather get RX-7 which is a much better car than RX-8
and also looks way better. A living legend. :top:

Seen this car before in Super GT area 2 years ago.

Mazda RX-7 FD3S(M) - Cars for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my
I think I've seen this RX-7 before at youtube. Nissan Skyline R34, R35 GTR & Mazda RX-7 going up Genting Highlands.mp4 - YouTube

EJ's Nissan Skyline GF-ER34 (

Looks alike right?
By the way, FD3S is one of the cars that still looks good even with the GT wing equipped behind. Some cars look hideous with GT wing.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

I think I've seen this RX-7 before at youtube. Nissan Skyline R34, R35 GTR & Mazda RX-7 going up Genting Highlands.mp4 - YouTube

EJ's Nissan Skyline GF-ER34 (

Looks alike right?
By the way, FD3S is one of the cars that still looks good even with the GT wing equipped behind. Some cars look hideous with GT wing.
Ya cuz is a performance car so it looks good and okay with GT Wing and it needs it for a
purpose and not just for show. Some GT Wings selling outside stated by some sifus
not many were RnD but merely just for show. Put a GT Wing on any family car or standard
car, we are just gonna embarrassed ourselves.

Still find RX-7 worth more than RX-8. I would change it to Veilside bodykit instead :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Ya cuz is a performance car so it looks good and okay with GT Wing and it needs it for a
purpose and not just for show. Some GT Wings selling outside stated by some sifus
not many were RnD but merely just for show. Put a GT Wing on any family car or standard
car, we are just gonna embarrassed ourselves.

Still find RX-7 worth more than RX-8. I would change it to Veilside bodykit instead :biggrin:
Veilside Fortune kit is not bad. Keeps reminding me of Tokyo Drift :biggrin: But if I had a FD3S, I'll stick to the original look with flip lights like this car.

Just a question regarding spoiler. Does those spoiler like Evo 3 spoiler really work when they are equipped in Wira? Same goes for those rear spoiler found in all evo and impreza? And also in FD2R.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Veilside Fortune kit is not bad. Keeps reminding me of Tokyo Drift :biggrin: But if I had a FD3S, I'll stick to the original look with flip lights like this car.

Just a question regarding spoiler. Does those spoiler like Evo 3 spoiler really work when they are equipped in Wira? Same goes for those rear spoiler found in all evo and impreza? And also in FD2R.
Standard stock on FD2R then is there for a reason. Whether Evo 3 spoiler works or not on a Wira, it works,
but whether it helps or not is another story :biggrin: if u only drive daily in a city at 80km/h then merely just for show.

Spoilers most are just there for show but some oversized or GT Wing on a car will affect the car's
aerodynamics and also downforce. If it is not installed professionally or knowing why it needs
to be fitted, it could make your aerodynamics worse.

Is meant to generate more downforce to the car at high speeds. Wrongly done can disrupt the
airflow patterns.

So some suka suka go masuk GT Wing, it will affect the ride. Vr2turbo got a story of a friend
who installed GT Wing on his wira if not mistaken. Went up to 140km/h for testing. There
is a loud noise behind and realised the GT wing is hitting against the bonnet. :rofl:

Correct me if I wrongly tell the story bro vr2turbo :rofl:

kuntauasli

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009

dont buy rx8. better u go for MPS.. the engine is raw and handling is good. now even cheaper..

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Standard stock on FD2R then is there for a reason. Whether Evo 3 spoiler works or not on a Wira, it works,
but whether it helps or not is another story :biggrin: if u only drive daily in a city at 80km/h then merely just for show.

Spoilers most are just there for show but some oversized or GT Wing on a car will affect the car's
aerodynamics and also downforce. If it is not installed professionally or knowing why it needs
to be fitted, it could make your aerodynamics worse.

Is meant to generate more downforce to the car at high speeds. Wrongly done can disrupt the
airflow patterns.

So some suka suka go masuk GT Wing, it will affect the ride. Vr2turbo got a story of a friend
who installed GT Wing on his wira if not mistaken. Went up to 140km/h for testing. There
is a loud noise behind and realised the GT wing is hitting against the bonnet. :rofl:

Correct me if I wrongly tell the story bro vr2turbo :rofl:
LOL. I many ah beng around equip GT wing on saga iswara, wira and etc. I know about downforce it can generate but I don't think there are many professional accessories shop out there that can equip a GT wing to a car with the right setting to generate downforce. But I thought the proper way to measure it is through a wind tunnel or something like that? Are there any other easier way to test the downforce?

dont buy rx8. better u go for MPS.. the engine is raw and handling is good. now even cheaper..
RX-8 is RWD NA car while MPS is FWD turbo car. It's not easy to handle a FWD high powered turbo car because of torque steer and stuffs like that. MPS is something that requires a lot of good driving skill to pull the best performance out of it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nissan’s much-loved Fairlady Z - known as the 370Z in Malaysia - has won the Most Fun Award, one of the most coveted categories of Car of the Year Japan 2009-2010.

The Car of the Year Japan winners were announced at the Car of the Year Japan Special Exhibition commemorating its 30th Anniversary located at the 41st Tokyo Motor Show. Voting and final counting of votes were conducted on...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience