I have a few questions to all the sifus here~

aezsky

Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
1)What is this thing called "GReddy E-manage Ultimate"??

Since I'm using a DC5S(K20A3),a lot of people from KakiMotor and JC Racing told me to get this E-manage thingy.What is it in simple English??How many horsepower will I gain by using it??Is MYR2400 a good price for it??

2)How good is a replica bodykit??I asked someone from a bodykit shop and he said his replica bodykit is made from hard-fibreglass.Is it good??Or should I look for original??

The bodykit I'm interested in is the INGS+1.If possible,can you source me the place/recommended price for the ori,2nd hand ori and the replica??

Just a side note : I accidentally hit the divider with my baby.So freaking sad.She's just 3 weeks old in my care.Soooooo sad.:banghead:

Soooo sorry for all the noobish questions,bros!!:tomato:

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
let me take a try at answering your questions...

1. E-Manage is an engine management system, similar to HONDATA where you can adjust the Air/Fuel Ratio of your car through the ECU. Its meant as a fine tuning add-on that allows you to "tune" your car and get the best out of all your mods (or even with a stock engine it will garner you better performance).

Usually people get an engine management system AFTER they are done with all their mods (Intake/Header/Exhaust/etc), and tune all those one shot. It will help you maximize the gains from each of your mods, and ultimately allow your car to perform at its best.

Note that E-Manage is a piggyback system, and not a full ECU replacement.

2. Replica kits are never going to be as sturdy as original kids. However, you get what you're paying for.... Replica kits are usually at a fraction (1/4) of the original kits price.

As long as you're careful while driving, and not scraping every bump or slope, the kit should be fine.

Hope this helps.

aezsky

Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
let me take a try at answering your questions...

1. E-Manage is an engine management system, similar to HONDATA where you can adjust the Air/Fuel Ratio of your car through the ECU. Its meant as a fine tuning add-on that allows you to "tune" your car and get the best out of all your mods (or even with a stock engine it will garner you better performance).

Usually people get an engine management system AFTER they are done with all their mods (Intake/Header/Exhaust/etc), and tune all those one shot. It will help you maximize the gains from each of your mods, and ultimately allow your car to perform at its best.

Note that E-Manage is a piggyback system, and not a full ECU replacement.

2. Replica kits are never going to be as sturdy as original kids. However, you get what you're paying for.... Replica kits are usually at a fraction (1/4) of the original kits price.

As long as you're careful while driving, and not scraping every bump or slope, the kit should be fine.

Hope this helps.
Thanks so much!I understand it better.But what's the different between piggyback system and a full ECU replacement??which one is better??what's the price range for a full ECU replacement?

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
Thanks so much!I understand it better.But what's the different between piggyback system and a full ECU replacement??which one is better??what's the price range for a full ECU replacement?
a full ECU replacement would be a better option... an example would be MoTec.

Standalone ECU's are much more expensive compared to piggybacks, possibly double the price.

so it really is a question of price vs benefits. for the DC5R, a Hondata is actually more than sufficient.

aezsky

Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
a full ECU replacement would be a better option... an example would be MoTec.

Standalone ECU's are much more expensive compared to piggybacks, possibly double the price.

so it really is a question of price vs benefits. for the DC5R, a Hondata is actually more than sufficient.
Yeah,heard of the Hondata ECU.How much do you think it'll be??Btw,bro,do you know where to find original or 2nd hand original bodykits??

And one more thing,my car is actually fitted with JASMA exhaust system when I bought it.Is it good??I'm thinking of changing it to Mugen or maybe HKS.but if JASMA is good enough,I think I'll just use the money for something else.What do you think??

*I really wanna make my car more powerful and cooler looking,but seriously don't know where to start~~

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
Do u still interested in the INGS+1 for pre-facelift? It's replica hard fibreglass. Coz I already ordered few months ago and didn't collect it. If you want you can take it from the shop. The price is RM1200. I didn't take it coz I prefer the original bodykit. Let me know if you're interested. My number 012-7770747 (farouk).

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
Yeah,heard of the Hondata ECU.How much do you think it'll be??Btw,bro,do you know where to find original or 2nd hand original bodykits??

And one more thing,my car is actually fitted with JASMA exhaust system when I bought it.Is it good??I'm thinking of changing it to Mugen or maybe HKS.but if JASMA is good enough,I think I'll just use the money for something else.What do you think??

*I really wanna make my car more powerful and cooler looking,but seriously don't know where to start~~
JASMA is not a brand.

JASMA is a certification organization.

JASMA = Japan Automotive Sports Muffler Association

Purpose of JASMA is to certify each produced muffler to see whether it meets industry standards, rules, and regulations.

aezsky

Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
JASMA is not a brand.

JASMA is a certification organization.

JASMA = Japan Automotive Sports Muffler Association

Purpose of JASMA is to certify each produced muffler to see whether it meets industry standards, rules, and regulations.
Lol,really??OMG!!I feels so damn noob right now!!Haha!!Thanks for the info,bro!!Coz when I lift my car,that's the only thing I think I saw,so I thought it's the brand.Haaha!!So,what kind of exhaust does DC5-er use usually??

jd5

Known Member
Mar 9, 2010
N/A
There are so many exhaust systems available in the market for tegs. There is a thread on this but I dunno where it is, so I'm giving you this for a head start - YouTube - DC5 ITR Exhaust Catalog - Hot Version International

Of course, buying an exhaust by limiting yourself to video clips is not a smart thing to do. You should join the guys for TT. There will be a myriad of exhaust notes to listen to :) Customizing your exhaust system is also an option.

PS : I've got a Kakimoto Regu 06R for sale, so PM if you are keen. Hehe!!

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
Lol,really??OMG!!I feels so damn noob right now!!Haha!!Thanks for the info,bro!!Coz when I lift my car,that's the only thing I think I saw,so I thought it's the brand.Haaha!!So,what kind of exhaust does DC5-er use usually??
it really depends on what you're looking for.

some questions to ask yourself:
1. how loud do you want the exhaust to be? can you live with a loud boomy exhaust?
2. are you looking for high end power, or city drivability?
3. what is your budget?
4. are you concerned with the brand?
5. what sort of look do you like?

after you've answered these, it would be easier to help you narrow in on what would be a few options to look at.

aezsky

Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
There are so many exhaust systems available in the market for tegs. There is a thread on this but I dunno where it is, so I'm giving you this for a head start - YouTube - DC5 ITR Exhaust Catalog - Hot Version International

Of course, buying an exhaust by limiting yourself to video clips is not a smart thing to do. You should join the guys for TT. There will be a myriad of exhaust notes to listen to :) Customizing your exhaust system is also an option.

PS : I've got a Kakimoto Regu 06R for sale, so PM if you are keen. Hehe!!
nice video!!really helps me to roughly see the differences between exhaust.How much will it be usually to get these kinds of exhaust??

it really depends on what you're looking for.

some questions to ask yourself:
1. how loud do you want the exhaust to be? can you live with a loud boomy exhaust?
2. are you looking for high end power, or city drivability?
3. what is your budget?
4. are you concerned with the brand?
5. what sort of look do you like?

after you've answered these, it would be easier to help you narrow in on what would be a few options to look at.
1)I want it quite loud,but at the certain time,I also want to hear the songs playing in my car.XD
2)What do u mean by high end power/city drivability??What's the difference will it make??
3)perhaps less than 5k.but i can only do it sometimes next month if God's willing.
4)kinda.hehe~
5)I kinda like the Mugen and 5Zigen Proracer X-Tube S-spec's looks in the video.My current one kinda looks like the 5Zigen.u knw,the kinda slanted one.

Will there be much difference for my car compared to normal DC5R as my car is an AT-tranny DC5S??

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
nice video!!really helps me to roughly see the differences between exhaust.How much will it be usually to get these kinds of exhaust??

1)I want it quite loud,but at the certain time,I also want to hear the songs playing in my car.XD
2)What do u mean by high end power/city drivability??What's the difference will it make??
3)perhaps less than 5k.but i can only do it sometimes next month if God's willing.
4)kinda.hehe~
5)I kinda like the Mugen and 5Zigen Proracer X-Tube S-spec's looks in the video.My current one kinda looks like the 5Zigen.u knw,the kinda slanted one.

Will there be much difference for my car compared to normal DC5R as my car is an AT-tranny DC5S??
if you're not too concerned with the loudness, my advise would be to purchase a muffler that you like, and get the piping done custom at your favorite exhaust shop.

you can choose to have a resonator or not, but most of the guys here just go without. it gives the best gains.

my personal preference is the HKS Hi-Power exhaust for its looks and sound.
I've been hunting around for a 2.5" inlet one, but its hard to find... and i'm not quite ready to part with the "quietness" of my current Fujitsubo RM01A.

You will see gains from changing out your whole exhaust system, but it sounds to me like yours is already an aftermarket one, so it might not be noticeable at all.

Maybe have it checked out at the exhaust shop, and get a full idea of what you have currently on your car before spending more money on a whole new setup.

Also, the only way you'll "feel" any real gains from the exhaust is if you get tuned... At the end of the day, your car will not perform at its peak, and might even end up feeling sluggish if you dont get a good tune.

Enjoy the ride, experiment, and ask questions.

Keep in mind that you have to "Pay to Play"... and a DC5 is never going to be as cheap as a Proton.

:driver:

aezsky

Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
if you're not too concerned with the loudness, my advise would be to purchase a muffler that you like, and get the piping done custom at your favorite exhaust shop.

you can choose to have a resonator or not, but most of the guys here just go without. it gives the best gains.

my personal preference is the HKS Hi-Power exhaust for its looks and sound.
I've been hunting around for a 2.5" inlet one, but its hard to find... and i'm not quite ready to part with the "quietness" of my current Fujitsubo RM01A.

You will see gains from changing out your whole exhaust system, but it sounds to me like yours is already an aftermarket one, so it might not be noticeable at all.

Maybe have it checked out at the exhaust shop, and get a full idea of what you have currently on your car before spending more money on a whole new setup.

Also, the only way you'll "feel" any real gains from the exhaust is if you get tuned... At the end of the day, your car will not perform at its peak, and might even end up feeling sluggish if you dont get a good tune.

Enjoy the ride, experiment, and ask questions.

Keep in mind that you have to "Pay to Play"... and a DC5 is never going to be as cheap as a Proton.

:driver:

Thanks so much,bro.Will a budget of around 2-3k be enough for all this??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello just wana ask.

anyone here know where to custom make floor mat for cars?

i've seen a civic with nice looking 3M custom floor mat.
and sew at the edges also the honda logo in the center.

any idea ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience