How to wire your Ice

rsctan

Known Member
Feb 28, 2004
any one who can teach or post a diagram of how to wire your ice?

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
what you wanna connect ? Pls provide details

haslam

Dec 18, 2004
i want to know how to connect my LCD and XBox together......got both of them already but still dunno how to...some say must use DC-AC converter....

rsctan

Known Member
Feb 28, 2004
i got 2 component sets..front and back...4 channel for both components...a 2 channel for my single sub...and i have an 3 way equilizer too

ExtremeRC

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
Okie..need more info:

1. Which HU are u using and how many preout?
2. Are u using a parametric equalizer? If so, what are the inputs and outputs available? (such as front, rear, sub)

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Originally posted by rsctan@Jan 12 2005, 20:32
i got 2 component sets..front and back... 4 channel for both components ...a 2 channel for my single sub...and i have an 3 way equilizer too
Errr..i would assume you have 2 four channel amplifier to drive each set of component ?

If not then just direct the crossover's front and rear high-pass to each channel to the single unit of 4 channel amplifier....

hope this help. :)

Bert

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Muddy Delta
Visit site
How to wire up your ICE.

1. Get power cables, 8 gauge min recommended
2. Get a fusebox and a distributon block
3. Pull cable from Battery to fusebox, not more than 18" away from batt terminal
4. Pull cable to whereever you wanna mount ur amps. Hook to distri block.
5. Pull wire from distri block to amp +.
6. pull amp - to a point o solder to the chassis. Seatbelt points, screws are not good. Sand off the paint on the chassis and solder there. Fenders etc are not counted. Best is under rear seat.

Now you have installed ur amp.

THen u need the remote turn on cable. Pull it from ur HU to the amp REM input.

SO now ur amp turns on.

Part 2 later on when I am free

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
drexchan,
nexttime you wanna install your ICE can get me do it for you :lol:...but my a McD will do :P

xtorm
He also never say want active or passive.

Btw xtorm and Bert, is my diagram correct ? Just need reconfirmation since you both true ICE sifu mah...:D

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Originally posted by xtorm@Jan 13 2005, 21:46
aiks....bert is sifu

me is lau gu...kakakkakaa

correctlahh if not i will not know it is active rite? :D

btw, he mention 4 channel for 4 speaker d...
yeah...i reliase that upon i finished the drawing :lol: ...that why i also stated there if use ONE 4 channel then just use each channel to whack one side component
if passive before comp set put a passive crossover right ? B)

DJThoRmented

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
g88... your diagram is correct...

adding to Bert's comment, the power cable from bat ---> fuse block ---> distribution block; it is best that you cover the cable. Simple way is to cover the cable all the way with pvc tape or if you lagi rajin (since DIY) you can use flexi which is much more appropiate.

try your best to route the cable at their own lanes. for example (lets say your battery is on the driver side which is right):
Power cable (+ve frm bat), remote wires (fr. HU, amp, other equiptments) are routed on the right side of the car.
RCAs are routed on the center of the car.
Speaker cables are routed on the left side of the car.

this is so that there will not be spider webs underneath yer carpet and lowering the noise production (wee-wee aeroplane).

also approximately every 6", cable tie these cables and tape it down so it won't runaway.

see pic (courtesy of Crutchfield)

happy DIY ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

That day on routine engine check, found my air filter hose connected to the turbine intake loose. The clip have been tighten to the maximum and still loose (moving). Was wondering what to use to tighten it up. The hose is rubber, so probably through the years of use could have harden and shrunk a little. The turbine is hot so cannot fit any rubber or paper, so was thinking what else can use.

So I raided my wife's kitchen for some "Diamond" brand aluminum foil. Fold a few rounds to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience