How to take G O O D photos of Race Queens

ARTC5859

Known Member
May 26, 2006
I carried a small old Pentax Optio 3.2mpxl which took forever to focus and shoot and sometimes the girl got tired of posing and moved on to another photographer. That was almost embarrasing.

I would say that all the girls are well trained professionals- they will pose for anyone using any type of camera- even if you're using a handphone. Some of the Japanese fans who were there took photos with their phones. You shouldn't feel inadequate just because you have a Canon powershot- your camera is probably better than mine! I was just too lazy to carry bulky equipment and lenses around and I was after autographs rather than photos.

I hope to see your shots online.

chinweipin said:
hello ARTC5859 "tai lou"
thank you for the Advices, and thanks again for posting the Race Queen picture fresh and hot.

and Question is , i am a non-professional photographers, and how can we take a nice picture like i'm using Canon Powershot S2 IS, and feel like embarassing to the BIG CANON's canon? like 300mm F2.8~~ bla bla

ARTC5859

Known Member
May 26, 2006
I shot these above the Nismo pits when Michael Krumm turned the No. 22 car over to Richard Lyons and the crew changed the tyers and refuelled the car. I didn't intend to shoot it as a sequence but later when reviewing the shots it looked like a "sequence" - in a very loose sense.

What was interesting was each tire man would all sit on their new tires before putting them on the car.
The refueller would put his full body weight into the hose and the fuel cap cover looked like a sponge cover and is just squeezed in place.

Last edited:

ARTC5859

Known Member
May 26, 2006
Hilal has got alot of shots- some are quite good. This is a good example- he's got all three girls' eye contact with the camera nice smile- all the girls are in focus and smiling.

This one works quite well too which the contrast of the back costumes and umbrella it brings out the skin tones of the girls.

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003

ARTC5859

Known Member
May 26, 2006
Brilliant! You've got some great shots there. Good lighting and posing. I wished you had some more shots of the drivers. A photo editor friend of mine said that you should clean your camera as there is sensor dust spots in some of the shots.

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
ARTC5859, sensor dust? I can send back to Nikon and get it cleaned right? FOC I heard, is it true? Yea wish I had more good shots of the drivers but the RQ are too distracting. LOL :rolleyes:

hilal, I'm using the Nikon D50. :confused_smile:

ARTC5859

Known Member
May 26, 2006
Yes - you need to send it back to Nikon for cleaning. If its still under warranty it would be FOC if not it still is worth it to spend a bit to get it cleaned.

syaZ13

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
v-spec, nice pics, would u mind if i put up a link to ur site on my blog? juz wanna share ur beautiful pics....... *drool* *drool* hahahahhaha.

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
ARTC5859, thanks for the tips. Will get it cleaned ASAP. Btw, which pics did you saw the dusts?? Teach me how to spot it so next time I can get it cleaned if it happens again.

syaZ13, no prob, you may link my pics via your blog. Would be great if you share the url of it. :regular_smile:

ARTC5859

Known Member
May 26, 2006
Check this out- the photograher used a soft lens- every shot has a soft mood. The hair is soft and the skin is really white and soft looking. soft lenses are expensive but you can lso save money by buying a soft filter. Some really good soft lenses- you can adjust the level of softness. Great for portraiture.

Even in this shot in the harsh sunlight- he's managed to soften the harsh shadow

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys,
is thre any product that can remover Watermark stain on my windscreen ? its really hard to c wen its raining without wipers ! :cry_smile:
need help from anyone that have faced this problem and solved it !:emoticon_U:
thanks for the help in advance ! :shades_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience