how to stop rust??

zer0_owl

Jan 29, 2004
heyd top of my car boot is rustin away.currently got 3 patches..so how do i stop it frm rustin more?

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
Either send it to a spray shop to get it treated and then painted over. Cut it out and weld in a new boot floor then treat it and paoint it. Or you can DIY, sandpaper the rust spots till it's to the bare metal, apply Hammerite (which you can get from most hardware shops) and send it for spraying...

CHEERS

GTR2579

500 RPM
Mar 6, 2004
selayang-kepong
www.facebook.com
zer0_owl, what car that u using? proton? roof/boot

Most of the proton cars have this problem and normally the best solution is to change the roof sheet. No matter how u sand and spray anti rust at the spot also no use coz it is from the inside.

gtr2579

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
quickly remove those rust spot with sandpaper, then go ACE Hardware get Hammerite anti-rust (for pagar) apply on it and after that cover back with paint...

But thing to remind you...this MAYBE will SLOW Down the rust "spreading" especially if you are driving a Proton, once kena will like cancer going everywhere.

Good luck

teearts

Jun 30, 2006
Hello!This is Tee here and nice to meet you all. Please welcome to read and see some photos in my website( Saving Nissan Sentra ). I am here to share with you guys on how to cure the corrosion/rust onto our car body.

If you have any better idea please email to " [email protected] " or join to become a member, and chat in the forum at " http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...car-roof-with-cheapest-price-maybe-diy-3.html ". Very much thanks to you!

p/s: Will have more new update photos and articles into this website( Saving Nissan Sentra ) from time to time after my DIY experiment. Please stay tune!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

I need to fit a bucket seat into my car and it definitely needs some modifications. Firstly, there's no aftermarket parts for my car so definitely have to fabricate or modify the seat brackets and railing. To me fitting in seats must be done correctly and properly because it involves our safety.

So if you know any good and affordable shops around klang valley, please feel free to share and if possible the price you paid for the work performed.

Thanks guys.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience