how to keep battery for long term?

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Don use maintenance free .. i really dont trust tat battery. Normal wet cells have better trustworthy lifespan ... and cool.

Also .. yeah as said by nitrus, get a volt gauge .. its useful to be refered on time to time maintaining the voltage, so u wont end up breakdown at jungles :)

arcurad

Jan 19, 2006
Hmmm....interesting. Better take care of battery, you wont wanna it to break down when u are in a highway going outstation ^_^ My old Toyota Corolla batt have been running for 6 years already.

Redline_club

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2005
www.redline-club.com
SkYwAlKeR said:
how come my mum said free-maintainence battery has shorter lifespan compare to maintainence battery??...

i currently using non-maintainence one also having the same problem... using for about a year only.... that day wanted to help my friend's car jump start tak jadi.... after that, my friend jump started his car using the AAM towtruck battery, no problem....

the AAM foreman said my battery weak oledi, thats why cannot jump start.....
is it yr jumper cable small, jumper cable small cannot jump to the big battery, even u force to start, the red cable will burn, seriously battery will explode...

Nieto

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
mus use heavy duty 1~ but kinda xpensive

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
Dunno la.. I prefer the usual check here check there routine .. Since i pop my hood frequently so shud be ok la rather than spending abit more for MF battery... Like sakuraguy said, wet cell batteries!

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
i think they said MF (dry) batteries , dun keep in the engine bay .. longer lasting ...

bout wet cell also same kua? not sure .. hehehhh.. juz take care of it n always top up battery water whenever needed n shud be ok la...

Nieto

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
actually, cant consider as 'dry' battery, they r maintenance free (no nid add water) for a long period only... it still got water inside~ even maintenace free oso nid to check water lvl... jus in case~

C

chilskater

mine exactly one year..YOKOHAMA for 850 kancil..but my volt meter show normal reading..will the short circuit eats up ur battery life?My AMP something short circuit(3X) then cabut the AMP..My ACC fius burn one time(change it). 4 days later i changed new battery..every month refill water for the battery..I only change 3ways speaker n Head unit..

When i start the key, i hear CLICK then it start or it went dead..wait for awhile then try can..most of the time can start.

so?

sapa2ler

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
i used normal batt for almost 3 years..... just change to maintenance free batt.

hope will last long...

magixk

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
I am using a MF battery and recently I installed a voltage regulator with volt gauge. It's showing 14.8 when I start the engine and on idle mode. Is that OK? I read someone here said range is below 14.5...

Also, does the voltage regulator make any difference in prolonging the life of the battery? And moving the battery away from the engine compartment, can it really be done? Move to where? To the boot section?

Afiez

Oct 3, 2006
my mf batt last about a year only,
so does my friend.
after one year whenever i switch on radio or lights just for 5 mins (engine off), already cannot start. now my new (used) car also whenever i start the engine, it takes a second or two for the starter to function, if i left it unstarted for 2 days.

one day i was in stadium shah alam at midnight alone to make a call from the public phone there, 1 call, 5 minutes, engine off, then cannot start. i pushed the car myself, after the car got speedy i ran and jump into the car and start it using the "tolak" method, how stupid..

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Afiez said:
my mf batt last about a year only,
so does my friend.
after one year whenever i switch on radio or lights just for 5 mins (engine off), already cannot start. now my new (used) car also whenever i start the engine, it takes a second or two for the starter to function, if i left it unstarted for 2 days.

one day i was in stadium shah alam at midnight alone to make a call from the public phone there, 1 call, 5 minutes, engine off, then cannot start. i pushed the car myself, after the car got speedy i ran and jump into the car and start it using the "tolak" method, how stupid..
battery not good oledi lo.....

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
magixk said:
I am using a MF battery and recently I installed a voltage regulator with volt gauge. It's showing 14.8 when I start the engine and on idle mode. Is that OK? I read someone here said range is below 14.5...

Also, does the voltage regulator make any difference in prolonging the life of the battery? And moving the battery away from the engine compartment, can it really be done? Move to where? To the boot section?
batery normaly moved to rear boot...but y wan to move? Engine transplanted?

Volt regulator written by u izzit volt stabilizer?

A Battery life can be prolong as long as ur car running at sufficient current/voltage...

my2cent

magixk

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
huakenny said:
batery normaly moved to rear boot...but y wan to move? Engine transplanted?

Volt regulator written by u izzit volt stabilizer?

A Battery life can be prolong as long as ur car running at sufficient current/voltage...

my2cent
Taiko huakenny thx for reply,

i wan to move becos i wanna DIY cold air intake for my simota open port air filter. My bateri size is big and it is taking space on the engine compartment. If the bateri not there, i can play around abit and more spaces to connect the hoses from the air filter to the original air hole.

ya, volt stabilizer not regulator haha noob here, typed wrong. The voltmeter on the volt stabilizer saying 14.8...I worry abit leh...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nissan’s upcoming GT-R super-coupe is one of the most hotly awaited cars of the decade so it’s no surprise there’s already an extensive waiting list for it. Unfortunately, in situations like this unscrupulous buyers who get their hands on the car early on often sell them to those fans willing to pay a small premium on the retail price to make a profit.

This is a practice Nissan would like to avoid with its new...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience