how to duplicate car alarm remote control

skyline2m

Known Member
Jul 20, 2006
Kota Kinabalu
both of dad n mum car use the same alarm system (same remote control)
i found 1 spare alarm remote control and tested for both of the car but is doesn't work
due to the serial no. writen on the circuit, it is the same for 1 of the car remote control of the bot car so i wana try to adjust so that it can be use for 1 of the car
can u teach me how 2 do?
(bettery had been changed into new battery but still cant be use)

dodoseek

Mar 11, 2006
first of all i'm an engineer and this brief tutorial serves as tutorial purposes only and it should not be used for malicious activities.

you need 2 things to do this:

1)spectrum analyzer (this can be easilly found in your school or uni lab)
2)philips screwdriver (the tiny one)

its easy, u unscrew the cap of the alarm, and turn on your spectrum analyzer, most typical alarms operate on the 355khz range, just fine tune to the range and press the "on" button, if its in range, there will be a reading on the spectrum analyzer. Then open up the 2nd alarm u wanan clone, look at the circuit there will be an voltage controlled oscillator (its a knob where you can turn counter clockwise and clockwise), fine tune the oscillator to give the exact same reading as the first one, VOILA, you just cloned your alarm.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ive been putting a lot of thought into starting a business , handphones especially. everyone owns a handphone and everyone i know change them ever so frequently . My question is , If you were to start your own handphone shop , where would you start and how would you go about it ? ( i really dont know btw , hehehe )

Your thoughts and opinion would really help , Cheers !
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience