how to build up gen 2

Spoon)))

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2004
jb subang jaya
Visit site
hello ma fella zth member...

just curious, how to mod a gen 2 engine...coz im getting the car soon..

is there any aftermarket performance parts that can be used???racing cams??clutch set?
air filter???shocks??extractor???and so on??

need ur advise....

s15

1,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
KayElle,JayB,Sg
www.revsaints.com
wah...halim...where's ur EG ??

wenshen

1,000 RPM
Jul 24, 2004
PEEjay
driftneyland.blogspot.com
kwai so bad! lol..

go to gen2club.com/forum and check out the mods they did.. splendid.. welcome to be a gen2 owner! im one too! lol.. anyway.. try going for rims.. and grandpire's launching their prototype super nice body kit for gen2 in about 2-3weeks time.. ;)

kwai

1,500 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
Perak
Visit site
so sorry wenshen... it just my 2 cents... :D
frm my own narrow information, gen2 engine doesn't really perform well....

like my friend said,

4G92P sohc 115hp
4G92 dohc 140hp
4G92 Mivec 175hp

gen 2 1.6 Dohc campro 110hp....

my friend asked me,
where the horse gone?

tats why, u always can get after market exhaust system, air filter... but...

where the horse gone? is it worth it?
how much can the engine can extract?

but anyway,
gen 2 always can go for post 96 mitsubishi engine ma.... mivec, GSR, evo 4,5,6...

i saw one gen2 with evo4 done up frm my mech there... powerful wild ride.... :D

but... if really wanted to transplant, is it worth to get a 60k gen2 but not a wira or satria? :D

no doubt gen 2 looks good...but how's the quality?

gen2 claim the CamPro engine got variable valve timing technology.... but lots of rumous said campro already dissapearred since 2 batch of gen2... coz there's lots of problem...tat proton didn't R&D enough... now all the gen 2 are normal 1.6 DOCH engine....
but... the campro badge still sticking there n the price still remain the same... abit misleading right? :D

my 0.002 cents... :D

Last edited:

escaflowne

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2004
Visit site
I done a presentation about some variable valve timing tech among all the cars and i found out that proton actually "claimed" campro is a variabale valve timing bla bla..actually it is not..even in their official website,they didn't mention about campro=variable valve timing.Campro is just simply the name of the engine.That is what i got after a few research on Uk proton,proton malaysia and some other sources.
And yeah,if campro is a variable valve timing tech.110hp is just abit too unreasonable for it...well gen2 looks nice though.Hehe

Spoon)))

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2004
jb subang jaya
Visit site
wenshen said:
kwai so bad! lol..

go to gen2club.com/forum and check out the mods they did.. splendid.. welcome to be a gen2 owner! im one too! lol.. anyway.. try going for rims.. and grandpire's launching their prototype super nice body kit for gen2 in about 2-3weeks time.. ;)

i've check the forum...cools

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
the campro in the gen2..is the campro without the campro technology.. pakai nama saja. like kwai said..don't buy gen 2.. in my own words..why do you want to buy a piece of shit then try to make it smell better?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi sifu;s & fren's, my close relatives car had been stolen this morning below is the car descriptions :

Proton Iswara sedan
colour: blue
plate no : WFJ 5715
last seen locations : near Carrefour Peel Road, Kuala lumpur.

I hope ZTH member can help to locate this car.
I know this is a very ordinary car, but it means much to its owner.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience