how to adjust air fuel ratio

Apr 22, 2007
anyone can tell me how to adjust the air fuel ratio of 4G15 carb?my car geting only 250km for Rm 50 Fuel :'( too bad fuel consumtion...pls giv me a guide on it thnx ya

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
1) Warm up engine first(run 5-10 mins)
2)Shut off engine
3) Back out on the idle speed screw until it justt doesn't touch the throttle linkage. Then screw it in back about 11 turns
4) Screw in the A/F mixture screw until it stops(do not force tighten)
5) Screw out the A/F mixture screw 2 full turns
6) Start the damn car. It will run like its choking. As long as it's running it's ok.
7) Now turn in the A/F screw until engine dies. If this happens, turn out the A.F screw half turn at a time to bring it back. (try to start the car of coz)
8)Continue to turn out the A/F screw at half turns every 3 seconds. Engine will pick up speed. Continue to screw out until the point engine runs worse. When that happens screw back in half turn every 3 secs to the point engine runs smoothest.(do this by ear or watch engine vibration)
9) Now set the idle speed. Go on the air conditioner. Watch the tachometer. Turn in the idle speed screw until rpm is around 900 to 1000 rpm.
10) Now it's ready to rumble..

vastalux

Known Member
Feb 7, 2007
can this method use for injection engine??

sori for noob qeustion...

burnner

1,500 RPM
Feb 12, 2007
hey olcheong,
give us the result after had tune up.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
1) Warm up engine first(run 5-10 mins)
2)Shut off engine
3) Back out on the idle speed screw until it justt doesn't touch the throttle linkage. Then screw it in back about 11 turns
4) Screw in the A/F mixture screw until it stops(do not force tighten)
5) Screw out the A/F mixture screw 2 full turns
6) Start the damn car. It will run like its choking. As long as it's running it's ok.
7) Now turn in the A/F screw until engine dies. If this happens, turn out the A.F screw half turn at a time to bring it back. (try to start the car of coz)
8)Continue to turn out the A/F screw at half turns every 3 seconds. Engine will pick up speed. Continue to screw out until the point engine runs worse. When that happens screw back in half turn every 3 secs to the point engine runs smoothest.(do this by ear or watch engine vibration)
9) Now set the idle speed. Go on the air conditioner. Watch the tachometer. Turn in the idle speed screw until rpm is around 900 to 1000 rpm.
10) Now it's ready to rumble..
Sir Skywalker... I'm noob to carbs

1. 4G15 for Iswara Auto, izzit the same???
  2. Is there any illustrations for the screws location?
  3. If I can ask somebody to show me where the screws are, does the term screw in meaning clockwise and vice versa?
  4. OK...if I'm a total loser and can't tune the carb meself, how much does it cost to tune it? For that matter, what are the total cost of giving the carbs a full service?

I;m asking this because the mentioned Iswara belongs to my dear mom. I can't bear it to her complained about FC anymore...thanks

Sorry for sooo many stupid questions....

If you wanna know, I'm using Kancil 850Ezi ('i' means injections) as my first and current car...so I'm really 'jahil' abt carbs....

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Sir Skywalker... I'm noob to carbs

1. 4G15 for Iswara Auto, izzit the same???
  2. Is there any illustrations for the screws location?
  3. If I can ask somebody to show me where the screws are, does the term screw in meaning clockwise and vice versa?
  4. OK...if I'm a total loser and can't tune the carb meself, how much does it cost to tune it? For that matter, what are the total cost of giving the carbs a full service?

I;m asking this because the mentioned Iswara belongs to my dear mom. I can't bear it to her complained about FC anymore...thanks

Sorry for sooo many stupid questions....

If you wanna know, I'm using Kancil 850Ezi ('i' means injections) as my first and current car...so I'm really 'jahil' abt carbs....
1) yes.... 4g15 n 4g13 using the same carb....

2) jeng jeng jeng...

3) screw in means clockwise... similar to water pipe... wanna close the tap (lean mixture), u turn clockwise....

4) the workshop usually tune my carb and ignition timing only charge me 5bucks... other workshop i dunno... but shouldnt be expensive....

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE

2) jeng jeng jeng...

3) screw in means clockwise... similar to water pipe... wanna close the tap (lean mixture), u turn clockwise....

4) the workshop usually tune my carb and ignition timing only charge me 5bucks... other workshop i dunno... but shouldnt be expensive....

Jeng Jeng Jeng... The sifu showing his weapons... FU YOH!

Good information bro... Will the AFR change after some time? Vibration and stuff?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
in normal condition, vr seldom the tuning will run... ur AFR usually getting richer because of ur clogged air filter....

thats also why some installed microcompressor said got difference.... this is because the leaked air in bypassed straight into the intake manifold, thus balance back the rich AFR....

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor

2) jeng jeng jeng...

A thousand thanks......will do it if got time...if not I can just ask mom to send the car to workshop if the pricing like u sez....
now the car at my kampung...

one question thought....
idle speed screw = air con off idle screw?

thanks a mill...especially for the picts...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Would like to ask my clutch feels soft and does not return immediately after press. feels like no pressure.

im guessing it is the clutch master cylinder. car running on twin plate exedy. current pump stock gsr ck.

Can i send to repair at normal service workshop, with normal spare parts? my normal workshop quite far and dont think i can drive there.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience