How can you tell if the Subaru’s mileage is not correct?

Mar 13, 2012
USA
I just purchased a Subaru 2002 from a reputable dealership. The car had 23k miles on it, the tires were not the original..they are Cooper tires ...this threw up a flag but...any way to tell if the mileage has been tampered with? I know the odometer could be correct by a tool called DP3 Digiprog3 Odometer Correction from xcardiag .Any other tools?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Mostly can only estimate the usage from the wear & tear of the interior. If genuine 23k used only, then it's practically like new, the seats/shift know and other switches will still practically new and all still works like new. If the leather on the shift knob & seats are already a bit shinny or cracking or already got electrical problems like power window not working, then it's definitely used a lot more.
Then you should observe if all the labels/markings especially those in the engine compartment are still very obvious like new. If those markings are already fading then the car has been used a lot more then the indicated odometer.
As for the tires, for such performance car sometimes the tires will not last like normal cars if the owners drove them hard often, so it's possible that the tires had been changed.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
look at the engine bay...if lotsa stains everywhere....then u can judge the mileage...also the all the hose...if hardened...then u know la..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

greetings to all sifu and friends...

1. i need to know what servo double layer can we put into proton waja?

2. cost and which workshop can do that mod?

plzz pm me or whatsapps..016-2250374. i live in shah alam selangor
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience