Hotbits Exhaust System

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Anyone have any experience using this exhaust system? Thinking of trying out Hotbits as i've been to many exhaust shops who promote this and that, only to be dissapointed with the end result at the end of the day.

In the first place, the main criteria would be acceptable noise level with performance gain. I'm also thinking of other brands that offers low noise with performance gains and apparently Fujitsubo or Tanabe is ok too.

Please give some feedback and suggestions. Thanks.

soulfly

500 RPM
Jan 25, 2004
Miri
fakhrain.blogdrive.com
I used Hotbits exhaust (piping + muffler) on a Wira 1.5 auto before.

Not so good..... it felt a bit weak while cruising. Not sure about mid-to-hi rpm level.... never really dragged the car.

Dunno about the extractor tho. But to me, I see that the piping size was just the same as stock.... only that there's no catalytic converter (replaced with a bullet silencer). The muffler box is smaller than stock, but the outlet is bigger.

takumi86

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Puchong
hi bro..

yeah.. i heard good thing about this brand oso.. :_:

but de problem is.. my pocket cannot afford wiz de price.
for wira 1.5 manual, i just asked for de muffler only,
total cost is rm500. de size is not that bugger, but the
perfomance is make ur nose bleeding one.. sure can feel de
diff or else can kick his ass. he said laa.. :angel_smile:

now saving money to swicth to this brand oso bro..:cry_smile:

xcheong

1,500 RPM
Mar 6, 2004
Visit site
prodigy, wat is your car?
actually if u want low noise level, its best to stick to stock piping
change the extractor, cat converter and muffler is sufficient
its best to change to branded muffler as they are alot quieter than the hotbits actually. Branded as in, apexi, hks, tanabe, fgk, kakimoto, etc

i'm still using the old kakimoto racing exhaust, althought the exhaust tip is freaking huge, and the exhaust looks like junk but its quieter than my frens small tip hotbits....and the performance is good.

its best to choose a muffler with huge box. its much more quieter.
hotbits one is quite small, that's why its loud abit. Not say very loud larr. but inside the car can hear.

FuGZ

1,000 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Random
Visit site
can someone either agree or argue with me, i need to clarify on this.

Seems like the hotbits extractor gave me performance on low to mid revs.
It is tuned for daily drive right? And aimed at consumers who want more response who drive daily drive cars? Just got me thinking that way..

Also after with either straight route or normal route pipings, the high rev still suffers but feels great at low and mid.

My honest opnion.. i think the extractor plays the important role here. You still can customize mufflers and pipes yourself (amount of fibre to burn(sound toleration and backpressure) and flow(pipe size)). But i don't think tuning an extractor is that simple.

xcheong said:
its best to change to branded muffler as they are alot quieter than the hotbits actually. Branded as in, apexi, hks, tanabe, fgk, kakimoto, etc
I didn't know the hotbits system was not as quiet? 2 friends have used this set and it's very very quiet.

As for japanese mufflers, they don't guarantee noise levels.. it all comes down to the amount of fibre you're burning in the end. I have so many friends using jap mufflers and.. ho they are much louder than hotbits full system. Unless, you're using 2 mid mufflers, that leads to another story.

But if hotbits full system is too loud, then it's best to stick to stock standard as the hotbits already comes with 2 mid mufflers.

prodigy,
what car are you driving, mind to give us more info? Fujitsubo Japan is expensive as Tannabe, but if you're looking for local Fujitsubo, let me know. It's just as big as those HKS Hipers or Apexi N1's and the fibre really lasts long (white fibre) with a very attractive price tag.

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Fugz... from what I have experienced, the hotbits design does indeed focus on low to mid range power. The standard GTi extractor however focuses more on the high end. When I changed to a hotbits-type extractor from the standard one last time, I gained some significant torque at the low to mid range engine speeds but also lost quite a lot from 6000 rpm onwards.

The best Ive used would be the 1.6 MIVEC extractor. Slightly less torque at low-mid range, but it revs all the way up to slightly above 7k nicely. But that was with a 2.5" downpipe...

As for response... I really miss the response of a NA car. My car responds about as quick as an elephant now durign normal driving...

xcheong

1,500 RPM
Mar 6, 2004
Visit site
aiya fugz, u got me wrong
hotbits is quiet
but not as quiet as some big ass exhaust from japanese

if u refering to some N1 style exhaust, of cuz those are loud lorr.....

if u refering to those box type, in my experience japanese muffler definitely quieter. becuz the hotbits box is quite small.

my fren have been using hotbits muffler for 3 yrs already, probably fibre already finish. Most probably that's why its louder.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Guys, thanks for the detailed info. Glad that we have a good informative discussion here.

Ok, i'm driving a SOHC Civic VTEC. Currently using a cheapo extractor from Wei Yip Exhaust and 2 bullets. The acceleration feels extremely sluggish from 2000 rpm to 4000rpm but the revs built up alot faster after that till VTEC engagement point. However, it feels that the muffler box is choking up the exhaust flow as i hear some hissing sound.

Ok, now what i'm looking is to completely replace the exhaust from extractor to muffler box. I might still be able to use back the 2 bullets as i believe the quality of most bullets are about the same. You don't get significant performance gain if i change one bullet to another.

So i'm looking for a slightly better performance extractor and muffler set which doesn't sound like a bus. Cheapo Wai Heng, Wei Yip sets are out because they produce more sound than performance. First priority is of coz the noise level. I don't know but i always thought Apexi, Tanabe N1 styled mufflers are shockingly loud. I've read around that Fujitsubo are a little quieter while Hot Bits also abit quiet with performance. I'll probably pay Speedworks a visit to see their recommendation. But roughly how much does a extractor + muffler set costs? I've got 2" piping all the way and 2 pc of bullet ready.

Fugz, you sell local Fujitsubo's? How's their performance and sound? But sometimes i'm not too convinced about immitations.

FuGZ

1,000 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Random
Visit site
prodigy said:
Ok, i'm driving a SOHC Civic VTEC. Currently using a cheapo extractor from Wei Yip Exhaust and 2 bullets. The acceleration feels extremely sluggish from 2000 rpm to 4000rpm but the revs built up alot faster after that till VTEC engagement point. However, it feels that the muffler box is choking up the exhaust flow as i hear some hissing sound.
How big is your engine? 1.6?
That hissing sound might be your air filter.

prodigy said:
Ok, now what i'm looking is to completely replace the exhaust from extractor to muffler box. I might still be able to use back the 2 bullets as i believe the quality of most bullets are about the same. You don't get significant performance gain if i change one bullet to another.
True. But maybe in terms of sound, depends how long you've used them and how fast they wear out. I doubt that most bullets are at par quality.

prodigy said:
Fugz, you sell local Fujitsubo's? How's their performance and sound? But sometimes i'm not too convinced about immitations.
I don't sell them, i just have a jalan :)

Performance? Well, i can't say much because this comes down to you whole setup, pipe size and flow, amount of mufflers (bullet, mid, end). If you slap a 2" piping straight all the way with an Apexi N1 muffler, could it give you guaranteed performance even if there's a Japanese muffler in the setup?

As for durability, i have to say, it's great, it's using white fibre which lasts long and it does keep the sound level down. Better than comparing it to Matola mufflers (i know they last forever) but almost doesn't make any difference in terms of sound.

I advise you to look for any other friends who drive the same engine as yours, maybe learn from them? Or hopefully someone pops up here and gives you a hand. If you need a place to do your setup or looking for FGK products, just let me know if you wanna survey my friend's shop. :)

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Where is your friend located? I went to see Speedworks and its Hot Bits exhaust. I must say i'm quite surprised with the pricing. They quoted me RM 2300 for a set of extractor, mid box and muffler. I thought Hot Bits setup will probably cost 1K+ at most. I need to go other places. Please PM your friends contact.

KCi

Jan 2, 2004
Here is my feeback on Wira 1.5 with mid-rear section Hotbits. I quite skeptical with their header since the design is not much difference visually. If you guys plan to change only the mid-rear section with Hotbits, it might not up to your expectation compared to the amount of $$$ paid. The performance gain by mid-rear section is quite marginal. FYI, the rear muffler itself is RM500 and the mid is RM250 (I can't recall the exact price the rear muffler is super expensive). It you are aiming for quiet ride, this is the way to go. The Hotbits is very quiet and comfortable compared to others. I even thrown away another bullet in the mid-section to reduce the restriction but the end result is good and the quietness is still leveled.

Hope this helps.

mikewcl

Jan 24, 2005
Sunway
Visit site
hi guys im driving a satria 1.3 carb and i changed my standard exhaust to the hotbits system ... pickup definately improvement ... and yes it comes with 2 mid bullets ... freaking silent ... my KNN filter is louder when i rev the engine ... i removed one bullet but still very soft ... then i removed both :P now only i can get some louder sound :P

my stock piping is 1.6 inch but the hotbits one is 1.75 inch

oh yeah forgotten to add the whole system was 900++ only :P

Last edited: