help on smelly aircond

CraZieThug5057

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2005
hi there my fr al sifus n tok gurus..n people that expericen this or had an expericence about wat im goin to talk about its:

my car aircond getting so smelly when ever i On the aircond system (off mode no smell)

car: wira
3months old...so new

but my car aircond are so smelly.......stinky.......i dunno why
i dun smoke inside car n i dun encourage ppl to do so aswell as
i myself i dun smoke anymore...
im a clean person neva got a stinky or bad fishy smells body

but my dog (at home ) owest pee on my wheels n to the disk brake
sleep underneath my aircond radiator......(ever pee on airocnd radiator)
my dog is very stinky n smelly never been properly look aftar...(berkurap)wish i wanna kill him but kesian too ....

my question is ......is it this cause my airocnd to get smelly????(mayb because being pee by dogg on the aircond radiator) or any other fact or cause that can relate to this?...any percaution n steps toget rid of smells?..

need to service? or can i jz DIY servicing if it is easy to open up airocnd component?...or is the aircond blowwer is dirty thats why its smelly?.

can give tips /idea to maintain it?

---

wira_na

Known Member
Mar 9, 2004
Hey dude,
1) try get a good air freshner
2) put some charcoal/pandan leave (if u don't mind the smell)
3) since your car is 3 months old, send it back to Service center and check. Maybe your car factory pumped in ammonia gas into your air cond system. hehehee....just kidding

risyia

Known Member
Feb 16, 2005
Pandan Indah
Your air con is smelly because the evaporator coil is wet and promoting fungal/bacteria growth and thus the smelly smell. The evaporator coil is located behind the glove compartment.

What I did to get rid of the smell is to put in 'Thirsty Hippo' ie. one of the moisture absorber in the glove compartment to suck out the moisture and the bad smell.

resilienthunter

I just want to drive
Sep 7, 2004
JB
Visit site
maybe the sponge behind the aircond is stinky..
go to ur aircond service place and tell them ur problem..im pretty sure they can fix it.

CraZieThug5057

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2005
risyia said:
Your air con is smelly because the evaporator coil is wet and promoting fungal/bacteria growth and thus the smelly smell. The evaporator coil is located behind the glove compartment.

What I did to get rid of the smell is to put in 'Thirsty Hippo' ie. one of the moisture absorber in the glove compartment to suck out the moisture and the bad smell.

wats the "Thirsty HippO">?.....n can u provide the pic where is the evaporator coil located n wats the steps to open n service the device?..

thanks for ur infor man...im .luking forward to know more .......

CraZieThug5057

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2005
wira_na said:
Hey dude,
1) try get a good air freshner
2) put some charcoal/pandan leave (if u don't mind the smell)
3) since your car is 3 months old, send it back to Service center and check. Maybe your car factory pumped in ammonia gas into your air cond system. hehehee....just kidding

hahha mn ru serious...i think it is..... coz sumtimes i my ran over my dogg poof coz this dogg i rilly hate it wish i can make it dissapear so my car wont be sthink .....but kesian oso la dogg got "nyawa" ma.....but nyway do u think that becpz the dogg pee on my aircond radiator make it soo smelly..

CraZieThug5057

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2005
resilienthunter said:
maybe the sponge behind the aircond is stinky..
go to ur aircond service place and tell them ur problem..im pretty sure they can fix it.

thanks man...BTW sorry about last time i was too harsh on u guys.....yea i know im not nigger but jz for da love of rap music ......so btw...

u had expericen this b4?..... i wonder which sponge n location of the sponge located

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
there are a few possibilities and here's another one. this actually happened to me before

it could be your cooling coil. if it's cracked, it emits an ammonia like smell. you can try to get it repaired or changed totally. i had a waja a few months back and got the whole thing changed. cost my something like RM 700.

CraZieThug5057

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2005
wooooo so expensive arrr...btw where is the cooling coil located?....

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
yalor hopefully it was the sponge as earlier suggested. my civic had the same problem and i fixed it for something like RM 30. lucky it wasn't the cooling coil again. sorry but i've no idea where it's located bro.

CraZieThug5057

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2005
alklright man...............................................................

resilienthunter

I just want to drive
Sep 7, 2004
JB
Visit site
love rap music too. hiphop is :rock:

i think that the sponge is located behind ur aircond vents.. the smell will be a musky like odour.. sort of like.. when clothes not dried properly..

CraZieThug5057

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2005
yea yea yea coretc its true thats the smell....i rilly hate it plus summore malu la i got new car n smell like skank!.....hate it man..specialyl when i wanna fetch my gf bring along to jln jln cari makan

resilienthunter

I just want to drive
Sep 7, 2004
JB
Visit site
best bet is bring to ur sevice place since its a new car

make sure u :angry_smile: them nicely. (after they fix the prob lah.) haha.