Help me with DIY voltmeter n vakum meter installation..

C

chilskater

hi,

I have 2 unit of those meter. i read the instruction and well..understand a bit lar..but i need some pics or foolproof instruction lar.ahha

please help kancil owner

tykoh

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Ipoh
tykoh88.blogspot.com
chilskater said:
hi,

I have 2 unit of those meter. i read the instruction and well..understand a bit lar..but i need some pics or foolproof instruction lar.ahha

please help kancil owner
for vacuum meter is easy lah... just t joint any vacuum hose in ur engine then connect to the meter inside ur car...

for volt meter much more easier... just tap the +ve to any +ve line exp smoking adapter... then ground to body only....

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
ya... very easy only
the harder part is.. how to pull the vacuum tube from engine bay into your car
and another harder thing is how to find source for light for your gauge...

other stuff is pretty straightfoward and easy. :D

good luck in DIY

C

chilskater

hi..

i did try last saturday..but i using wiring from clock..the only diagram i understand..it works but leceh coz have to tarik long cable..im thinking of using the ignition wiring or under the steering rack..i dunno the color code..

black=ground
red=power(12v battery or ACC)
oren=light

and for the vacuum meter..i dun even know which is vacum meter..any pics?

C

chilskater

i mean the vacuum hose..i dunno which hose to cut and to be put the T connection....vakum meter i know lar bro..

:P

skyline2778

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
Sban
Eh tumpang a little....just wanna ask...i got an extra voltmeter(light no more working) that i wan 2 install in my engine bay.Thought of connecting directly 2 the battery....can ah? thanks.....:X-:

wyx

Oct 24, 2005
skyline2778 said:
Eh tumpang a little....just wanna ask...i got an extra voltmeter(light no more working) that i wan 2 install in my engine bay.Thought of connecting directly 2 the battery....can ah? thanks.....:X-:
your voltmeter has how many wires? if only 2, then u can connect them to Batt.
BTW, I m frm Sban also, but work in Singapore :shades_smile:

skyline2778

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
Sban
wyx said:
your voltmeter has how many wires? if only 2, then u can connect them to Batt.
BTW, I m frm Sban also, but work in Singapore :shades_smile:
Yeah it got 2 wire....:X-:

Oh ur frm sban too...which part....do join us for tt when ur down here or something....there is quite a number of sban members.....:regular_smile:

wyx

Oct 24, 2005
skyline2778 said:
Yeah it got 2 wire....:X-:
Oh ur frm sban too...which part....do join us for tt when ur down here or something....there is quite a number of sban members.....:regular_smile:
my parent stay at Tmn Duyung. My bro is a mechanic in Senawang, crazy in car-mod oso. Mayb u or members there may know him.
BTW, BEFORE u connect ur voltmeter to batt, pls get a handheld multimeter to measure the 2 wires n make sure they r not shorted. This is VERY IMPORTANT! If the 2 wires are shorted, pls DON'T use :emoticon_U:

Last edited:

skyline2778

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
Sban
wyx said:
my parent stay at Tmn Duyung. My bro is a mechanic in Senawang, crazy in car-mod oso. Mayb u or members there may know him.
BTW, BEFORE u connect ur voltmeter to batt, pls get a handheld multimeter to measure the 2 wires n make sure they r not shorted. This is VERY IMPORTANT! If the 2 wires are shorted, pls DON'T use :emoticon_U:
Mechanic in Senawang?Which shop?

U mean check whether the voltmeter is working or not, is it???

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys...any idea how to remove the fender lamp of wira? mine cover broken so want to replace with a new one.

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience