Hello! Cefiro owners!

  • See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

RachelAgl

Known Member
Senior Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2005
Messages
417
Points
1,518
Location
N.S. Malaysia
New member here. Surf thru' a few boards and see more Cefiro owners here.Also this board is more lively in discussion.

I am owner of a 2004 Cefiro A33-2.0G since May.

Like to share all ideas and experiences with other Cefiro buddies.

1st upgrading for my car will be the suspension.Not so happy with the org susp...

Read lots of posts about suspensions....still undecided which to take, Titan,TEIN,etc...

Which is best and affordable for comfort and stability??

All input welcome and appreciated.

TQ in advance! :)
 
welcome RachelAgl. there are a few Feilo owner here. I'm one of them & i drive a A32 3.0. Dreamtent has change his suspension to Tein & Ongteckweng had his spring changed. his using Koni suspension. Search around this forum & u'll find more things.

Cheers
Cgui
 
hahaha...roger that vk9...
again...welcome to the feilo club RachelAgl...actually i did post about it..but what the heck.

depends on ur budget n requirement. if u want total control n doesnt mind about the comfort go for adjustable! titan or tein...its up to you. costing around 1.5k (dream's TEIN) to 2.8k (Titan). however, if comfort is ur main priority, go for sport spring with sport abs.

one of the best i know its eibach (rm1100). only lowering 30mm..match with Koni (more than 2k!!) it has the best of both world...comfort + handling. however, dont expect too much with this setup coz cefiro is a big car....but the improvement is ther.

myself..im using kg/mm with Koni. handling is there. but have to sacrifice a bit on comfort on uneven road. this is due to the fact im lookin for low rides. kg/mm lowered my car to 40mm...hehehe
hope this help...cheers
 
Thanks for the replies and input

Will wait for more suggestions from other sifu then decide.
As I said,comfort is still my priority. Am too old to "sapu" corners nowadays,moreover I always have my little angel in the car.

Like to meet all buddies here for TT sessions sometime soon! Then can appreciate all the nicely mod/pampered machines.

2 hands up for the seeting up of Cefiro/V6 club as suggested.

Rgds.
 
Ah! I'm here now...Welcome welcome Father of Rachel Angel. I've just got married 8 months back. But will be thinking of having baby next year la!

Well my thinking for our Feilo:
Yes, if you are going for feilo you are looking for comfort. But, with a "powderful" engine under the hood, you seriously need to think about handling and safety. (I think the majority of the owner looking for comfort will go for Camry....if you pick feilo...there is still some fire in you! hhh)

So, idea for my ride, it must look nice! So i go for the adjustables. Cause I don't want to have problem later when I stick my 18" rim in it. So, there you go, 18" rim for me is a must! just the matter of $$ now.

My thinking to be continue.........(got to work now)
 
For me, I go for cheaper solution (what to do no money mah..), instead of using original shocks, I go for Kayaba Japan which is more stiifer and better handling compared to original, but at the same price.

But I regret bcos the car now to me so bumpy....however, one of the sifu from other forum say my suspension is good.
 
hehehe .. i might follow lawcc if changing my shocks to kayaba or something stiffer. can't really take it. my ride is too soft. very difficult to control at 180 km/h on the highway.

But i'm also thinking of change to adjustable ... well i'll let $$$ decide for me....
 
cgui said:
hehehe .. i might follow lawcc if changing my shocks to kayaba or something stiffer. can't really take it. my ride is too soft. very difficult to control at 180 km/h on the highway.

But i'm also thinking of change to adjustable ... well i'll let $$$ decide for me....
better do it once n for all rather than regret it later n wasting money. i have learned my lesson well...dont buy sub par stuffs...save until u have the dough and get what u want best!!
 
Can anybody recommend a place where I can buy the eibach springs and get them installed. Looking for a place with good service and workmanship.
 
dream.tent said:
Ah! I'm here now...Welcome welcome Father of Rachel Angel. I've just got married 8 months back. But will be thinking of having baby next year la!

Well my thinking for our Feilo:
Yes, if you are going for feilo you are looking for comfort. But, with a "powderful" engine under the hood, you seriously need to think about handling and safety. (I think the majority of the owner looking for comfort will go for Camry....if you pick feilo...there is still some fire in you! hhh)

QUOTE]


hey, seem like the feilou owner is not that old in this forum huh.... :eek: :) my daughter just have her 1st birthday....

dream, i cant get ur meaning of having "some fire in you"... :confused: i thought ppl opt cefiro for comfort and camry for better handling but not sacrified too much on comfort and performance for accord??
 
vk9,

Maybe I should explain a bit.......
First of all, I've never own any Honda before. Since the 90's, only saw 2 models that is to my liking. I tested Inspire/Vigor and Legend and i like it, but yet didn't make a move. So, Accord has never been in my shopping list..

Camry. I've driven a few 3S-FE camry before (2.0, 2.2), never get to like the look and feel of this cars. It's not very big, but I feel like there is too many blind spot in the car. However, I own a 92 Corona, 99 RAV4 before. Totoya is always in my list.....just not camry. Feels like too tame...no fire. Maybe it's the engine. Or in short, no potential of modding at all.

Galant. Fantastic car. Own a 92 Galant (The chassis use in Rally that time). Change the engine to 4G63 DOHC with 142Hp. Rides on Koni and the feeling is too good. Sold it off and make almost 4k!! hahaha. Traded for a Hyundai Sonata 2L.

So, for me...if someone goes for feilo and not others, it must be something in him. The "Fire" that I'm talking about is the driver, the person behind the wheel whom a proud owner of a Feilo!! yeah! this is what i meant.

To share with you guys....my first car.
Proton Saga 1.3 SOHC manual (Traded in)
Proton Sage 1.5 SOHC Auto (Traded in)
Proton Aeroback 1.5 SOHC Auto (Traded in)
Wira Sedan 1.6 SOHC Auto (Traded in)
Mit Mirage 1.6 DOHC Manual later converted to Auto and new engine (Sold)
Toyota Corona 2.0 DOHC Auto (Traded in)
Mit Galant 2.0 SOHC Auto later converted to 4G63 DOHC engine (Traded in)
Toyota RAV4 2.0 DOHC Auto (Traded in)
Mazda Lantis 1.6 DOHC Auto (Traded in)
Nissan Altima SSS 2.0 DOHC Auto (Traded in)
Volvo 850GLE 2.5DOHC Auto (Traded in)

Cefiro Brougham 3.0 DOHC V6 Auto (my ride)
Kia RIO 1.3 SOHC Auto (Sister's ride)
Hyundai Atos 1.1 SOHC Auto (Wife's ride)
Hyundai Sonata 2.0 DOHC Auto later changed the engine top to a ported 4G63 top. (Traded in) (Mom's car)
Rover 820SI 2.0 DOHC Auto (Father's car)

I think i didn't miss any so far.....
Anyway, all comments above is my personal thoughts. It carry's my personal views and not trying to influence anything....hhhhh

vk9 said:
dream.tent said:
Ah! I'm here now...Welcome welcome Father of Rachel Angel. I've just got married 8 months back. But will be thinking of having baby next year la!

Well my thinking for our Feilo:
Yes, if you are going for feilo you are looking for comfort. But, with a "powderful" engine under the hood, you seriously need to think about handling and safety. (I think the majority of the owner looking for comfort will go for Camry....if you pick feilo...there is still some fire in you! hhh)

QUOTE]


hey, seem like the feilou owner is not that old in this forum huh.... :eek: :) my daughter just have her 1st birthday....

dream, i cant get ur meaning of having "some fire in you"... :confused: i thought ppl opt cefiro for comfort and camry for better handling but not sacrified too much on comfort and performance for accord??
 
wah dream..quite a history ahh...true...those who own feilo must have the fire raging in their heart. if really family oriented, better get Camry...hehehe
me only got some history to share: (consider small part la comparing to Dream coz im like 26 only mah...hehehe):

1) 1981 FIAT 131 1.6 SOHC - 1st car. SOLD
2) 1988 Proton Saga 1.5 Manual (converted to 4G61 Turbo) SOLD
3) 2003 Proton Waja 1.6 Manual SOLD after had a bad accident
4) 1996 Nissan Cefiro 3.0 V6 (converted to 2.5 V6)

Wife's car: 2003 Perodua Kenari Aero 1.0 Auto
Sis's car:2003 Perodua Kenari Aero 1.0 Auto
Dad's car: 2002 BMW 525i
Bro's car: 2002 Proton Wira 1.5GLi
Mom's car: 2002 Nissan Sentra 1.6 Auto
 
Titan

cgui said:
hehehe .. i might follow lawcc if changing my shocks to kayaba or something stiffer. can't really take it. my ride is too soft. very difficult to control at 180 km/h on the highway.

But i'm also thinking of change to adjustable ... well i'll let $$$ decide for me....

Saw in Titan's web-site, that they have a cheaper version (RM1800) which is good for highway speeding but soft at cornering like org. shocks... May consider that... then have to slow down a bit when taking corners...in a way good also...safer mah!!

What do you guys think??
 
RachelAgl said:
Saw in Titan's web-site, that they have a cheaper version (RM1800) which is good for highway speeding but soft at cornering like org. shocks... May consider that... then have to slow down a bit when taking corners...in a way good also...safer mah!!

What do you guys think??
if not mistaken...thats only absorbers. u have to use stock spring. so the comfort will be there. also body roll will not be minimal. but its better than stock at high speed.
 
I believe one of feilo's main problem is body roll and pitch. Like one big rock on spings.
If you change shocks, you can minimize or limit the motion in high speed. But in terms of quick action and active driving, the movement of the car will still be noticeable.
Changing to a harder springs will give a firm ride which I think is it part of being safe too.
 
dream... i am from the opposite....

i actually source for camry (previous generation 2.2) before deciding to get a cefiro. my thought is that camry is more sporty look than the ahpek look of a cefiro.

however, after test drive with cefiro, i am impressed with its quietness and comfortable.... admiring v6 engine also.... therefore, i get it....... till now, no regret.... only dislike about the body roll and boat ride feeling... :p but really broken after this purchase and really need to save up for quite some time before can do any mod on my cefiro.......
 

A thread every 60 seconds


Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom