Hands Free Kit Worse Than Drunk Driving?

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

The next time you’re yacking away on your ultra high-tech, state of the art hands free kit consider this; a person using a hands free device is four times more likely to crash.

It was also found that drivers talking on either hand-held or hands-free mobile phones have an average reaction time that is 30 per cent slower than drunk drivers and an astonishing 50 per cent slower reaction time than sober drivers. This was found during a research conducted at University of Sydney’s Injury Prevention and Trauma Care Division. Similar results were also found at a study conducted at University of Utah in the United States.

Two commendable universities coming up with the same findings, coincidence? I don’t think so, well, sure, you may not be breaking any law by using a hands free kit, but you certainly stand a chance to break something. Maybe its time to get a PA??

Source: http://express-press-release.com; Car Insurance - Van and Home Insurance - Yes Insurance

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
Penang
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
Research were done using people (subjects) from two of the most laziest countries in the world : US and Australia.

I'm sure that's what caused the reaction times to be so slow. Try doing the research in Japan and China.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Doesn't matter where it is done. It's common sense (or rather uncommon sense since so little people actually use it). When you're talking, a large part of your thought process goes to the conversation and stuff the other person on the line is discussing with you, instead of the most important task of keeping your eyes on the road and driving. Same goes for texting (that's smsing for Malaysians), doing your makeup, searching for stuff in the glove compartment, day dreaming, thinking of your to-do list, and so on so forth.

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
Penang
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
why? What happened to the Sushi with Wasabi? Went up your nose?

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
why? What happened to the Sushi with Wasabi? Went up your nose?
yup, after that, sure u'll suffer a bit, take ur head high, eye went blur....nerves, trying to get somethings such water & tissue.....

lost concentration, bang!!!

:biggrin:

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
Penang
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
Hahahaa.... try explaining that to the police when making the report.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Hahahaa.... try explaining that to the police when making the report.
hahahaha.....cannot la...ahahahaha....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
i just said the road suddenly not even, suddenly got flood, then bang....ahahahaha...:biggrin:

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
Doesn't matter where it is done. It's common sense (or rather uncommon sense since so little people actually use it). When you're talking, a large part of your thought process goes to the conversation and stuff the other person on the line is discussing with you, instead of the most important task of keeping your eyes on the road and driving. Same goes for texting (that's smsing for Malaysians), doing your makeup, searching for stuff in the glove compartment, day dreaming, thinking of your to-do list, and so on so forth.
speaking of make up... i got rear ended by a gal as she was too busy with her make up. When i came down fr the car.... she was stoned with her compact powder still in her hands.... knncb.....

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
speaking of make up... i got rear ended by a gal as she was too busy with her make up. When i came down fr the car.... she was stoned with her compact powder still in her hands.... knncb.....
is she pretty..??:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The words to describe this video can’t be stringed together to form a grammatically correct sentence. That’s due to the fact that most of the words you would associate with the video are all superlatives that exceed the boundaries of reality.

Heck, I’ll bet some of the words you would want to use probably don’t even exist yet. Nonetheless, it’s important to note that the video is very much on the artistic side of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience