Hagwalah – Saudi’s Drifting Phenomenon

d4rk

Known Member
Jul 26, 2010
Johor Bahru

The roads are one of the places where we could encounter a huge variation of human behavior; from those that follow the law, to the ones that has any regards about it. And in Malaysia, one of the menaces that plagues our public roads are certain two-wheeled nuisance “rempits”, where they ride around in groups, creating ruckus with their death-defying stunts endangering the lives of other road users.

Arab Drift - YouTube

But down in the Middle East, they somehow have their own version of “rempits”, although they do not ride on motorbikes. Instead, their popular choices for a set of wheels are four-door Japanese sedans like Civics or Accords. And what do they do with it on the public roads? They go sideways.

Crazy Arab Drifting with AK-47 best - YouTube

Although I’m not pretty sure whether if this is called drifting or it is just an act of powersliding, but over there, they are calling this as “Hagwalah”, or also known as the Saudi street drift phenomenon. But honestly, if that is the way that they are going to be drifting, one could only wonder why something like this could catch on as being a phenomenon! It is not only that it is extremely dangerous, but it seems like they do not even have the proper skills to control the car properly.

Drift And Crashes In Saudi Arabia - YouTube

And with such reckless driving, it is not a surprise if there is a fatality once in a while. The video down here is a bit graphic, so consider yourself warned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Jn3QbD7NRyY

This is totally one of the reasons of why you should take your ego and skills of aggressive driving down at the tracks, rather than the public roads. But what surprises me the most is that although it is extremely dangerous, the spectators also do not seem to care of their own safety, spectating the sliding cars right at the side of the roads. With those kind of speeds, one could only imagine what will happen if the car suddenly steered right into them. Surely it will be worse than the Putrajaya drag tragedy.

Sources:

http://jalopnik.com/5913994/this-graphic-crash-is-what-happens-when-arab-drifting-goes-wrong

Attachments

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Too rich to be afraid of anything....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
They have AK-47s. Problem?

funny they like to "drift" with FWD cars. and Accords, Camrys and the likes.

Katsumoto

Nov 19, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
you think that is graphic ???

wait until you see this !!!

warning this video will make you think twice again before you try anything stupid

it might also make you lose your appetite or it might make you puke !

dont say i dont warn you !

[youtube]BrNPoEjds6I[/youtube]

ME_86

May 20, 2011
Saudi Arabia
it's been a 'hot' topic even in Top Gear lol..and i found it here in ZTH
the latest fatalities shown in the video was a college student..normally they celebrates final examination day wit so called drifting/power-slide or whatsoever in a stolen cars. Even the police can't stop them.

HBS

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
I have a Saudian friends during my college years circa 2008-2009.

When he first showing this phenomena through his laptop,I just stunned" by how they are so crazy that he said it was a normal culture in his high school time.So common that many rich folks or normal people with M3 or M5 would just popped up street drift" just to attract a girl inside the cab.(My friends had 01 Landcruiser & Chevy SS back in Riyadh,but just hope on my bike when in Malaysia hehe)

Even after Friday prayer,many of car pooling would love to show-off with the normally-seen-in-arab-street,street surfing".(I think most of us know this rite? )

Those arabian are just have,either too much time to trolling around or just to brave that nothing seems to dangerous to be considered as fun act for entertainment.

pijulrs

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
Those arabian driver are so stupid!!!Open fire ak47 in a public area n think that their car can drift?Totally retarded banghead!Stupid arab driver:stupid:

jdm 19

Known Member
Jan 11, 2011
SHAH ALAM
I think its not a drift.Its just driving a car fast and then steer the steering wheel left and right. :thumpdown:

langsuyrx

Known Member
Jan 9, 2009
Kay L
facebook.com
Arab's have oil that can control the world economy, but since their ball is not big enuff, they are the one that's being controlled by the west, and to exercise and strengthen their ball's, this is how they do it. Conclusion, this is not an act of drift of a super duper power driver, it just an act of stupidity... they can't control the economy, same goes to cars... :bird:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hohuum...............Gen2 with a butt. Nothing to be aawed about. Persona to save proton? hahahhahaahaha............side bets anyone?
dont be so narrowminded la bro.

a butt= boot. there are people out there who will buy a car at that price with a huge boot.. just cause you dont think theres anything special, doesnt mean someone else wont buy it..

maybe its not something special, but at least its practical, and thats what people probably...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience