GSM based alarm/anti hi-jack?

littled

Known Member
Nov 18, 2004
hi sifus out there
have any of u heard about this new alarm system that requires a phone sim card?
uses gsm technology to track ur car down n shut it down in case of a hijack?
anybody selling/or has any experience with this product?
apparently it comes form taiwan

thanks a lot

moonrex

Jul 7, 2004
actually this kinda system is available in UK too.

the interesting part is the ability of the unit to sms u when ur car is triggered using GSM network, u need a sim card from lets say Maxis, so it is much more effective than normal two way alarm which is easily out of range. also there is a mic and u can listen to wht is goin on in ur car, u can also use the speaker function to announce thru ur HP, imagine cursing tht bastard who is trying to steal ur car.... hahaha.... and also can activate a few output tru sms, there is a lot of things can do, i got to know it frm an ad in the papers, here is the link to the local alarm/security comp that have this kinda alarm. they have other car security system like cheetah etc... would be great if u guys go check it out n' maybe install one n' post ur feedback here.

IES VEHICLE GSM ALARM SYSTEM - GM50
http://caralarm.com.my

personally i think car tracking using GPS is not that effective, cos gsp signal is sometimes weak n' it depends on tht satellite above, u know Astro reception is bad when it rains, n' if ur car is inside a building few floors underground, there might be no signal at all, my fren have a Megallen GPS unit and it doesn't even work well when its inside the car, u have to point tht fella to the direction of the satellite.
Radio tracking is still the best, like Captor, they have vans n' choppers to zero down the location of ur car.

so if u install these...
viper+gsm alarm+captor = a well protected car?

Last edited:

ky_fei

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2004
Kay Elle
Visit site
From so far that i know, GSM just work together with your current alarm, a sim car is put on the GSM. (if u are not using prepaid, sub a line is cheap) When the alarm triggers, signal will be sent to the siren and also to the GSM and it will start calling your phone non stop.This is good because where there is network coverage, you and your car can communicate. U can even call to your car and listen to the fcker inside talking/chitchat/blowwater.

And GSM works as a captor also. Remember "Friend Finder" ? thats a a function too.

Thats what i know bout GSM, current price over 1k, exactly i think around 1.5k.

Regards

NoName

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Hi all,

We (Lambent Adesys Sdn Bhd) have tested 2 variants of GSM alarm. After tested it for 2 months we feel that GSM alarm is still not ready for sale. Main reason is the stability of the alarm. Some of the functions are not stable yet. For example, when you arm your car by using your mobile, you can only disarm using your mobile only. Not the remote even if you are in range. Secondly, the voice setup when when we call into the alarm system is blurry. Sometimes breaking too. Another area of improvement is the siren sound period trigerred by shock sensor. A good car alarm will only activate the siren for max 10 secs when the shock sensor detects 1st-stage intrusion. The GSM however will sound continuously for 1 min. Therefore will drain the battery.

Some of the good point of GSM alarm is that when the alarm is triggered, it will call your preset phone number. You can then listen to your car. If there's a need you can talk to the system and your voice will be played out from the siren to scare the intruder. This however posts another weakness. The voice played out by the siren is very blurry. Another +ve point is that say if you are on holidays in Bahamas. You can call to your car alarm system to start the car and warm the engine. You can also shut it off from your mobile.

With regards to tracking your car. It utilizes Friend Finder system. You text the number to service provider and they tell you where. Not the exact location as Captor but rather which telecomm tower. So, the accuracy might be between the radius of 1km.

We are constantly testing new GSM alarms from different manufacturers. Once we've found a stable one we will launch it here with the most affordable pricing.

Thanks.

moonrex

Jul 7, 2004
the main plus plus point is the ability of the system to call ur HP in case of a trigger. tht is the most important thing.

tht is y IMO, a REPUTABLE alarm brand + a GSM dialer is the best,
and the GSM dialer has to be also from a reputable manufacturer!!

If u guys search online, u can find some GSM dialer tht u can install to work with ur current alarm system. And those dialer i think are made in US or Europe.

Mandrake

Known Member
Jun 19, 2005
JB
www.benjaminwang.com
Problem is in Malaysia, the phone companies do not offer a "Car Alarm" Sim. Hence the cost of the phone account over the year, be it post paid or prepaid, will be more then a similar system like Captor.

moonrex

Jul 7, 2004
does captor call the car owner when his car is triggered?
i thot they will only start to shut down the car or track it when the owner informs the company.

a supp line account won't be that expensive i think.

Last edited:

hanjin

Known Member
Jun 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Why not go for 3 G, then you can mount some cameras in the car as well... may cost a little more but at least the video could help you get a piece of mind. Also with 3G, you can park your car and and spy on your better half if you need to

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
NoName said:
Hi all,

We (Lambent Adesys Sdn Bhd) have tested 2 variants of GSM alarm. After tested it for 2 months we feel that GSM alarm is still not ready for sale. Main reason is the stability of the alarm. Some of the functions are not stable yet. For example, when you arm your car by using your mobile, you can only disarm using your mobile only. Not the remote even if you are in range. Secondly, the voice setup when when we call into the alarm system is blurry. Sometimes breaking too. Another area of improvement is the siren sound period trigerred by shock sensor. A good car alarm will only activate the siren for max 10 secs when the shock sensor detects 1st-stage intrusion. The GSM however will sound continuously for 1 min. Therefore will drain the battery.

Some of the good point of GSM alarm is that when the alarm is triggered, it will call your preset phone number. You can then listen to your car. If there's a need you can talk to the system and your voice will be played out from the siren to scare the intruder. This however posts another weakness. The voice played out by the siren is very blurry. Another +ve point is that say if you are on holidays in Bahamas. You can call to your car alarm system to start the car and warm the engine. You can also shut it off from your mobile.

With regards to tracking your car. It utilizes Friend Finder system. You text the number to service provider and they tell you where. Not the exact location as Captor but rather which telecomm tower. So, the accuracy might be between the radius of 1km.

We are constantly testing new GSM alarms from different manufacturers. Once we've found a stable one we will launch it here with the most affordable pricing.

Thanks.
Noname,

Boss this is just a small note for u, can u add-in a infra-red eyes, as the shock sensor won't trigger if there is no impact when those thief use glass knife to cut open the window glass!!!

NoName

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Tohsan said:
Noname,

Boss this is just a small note for u, can u add-in a infra-red eyes, as the shock sensor won't trigger if there is no impact when those thief use glass knife to cut open the window glass!!!
Hi Tohsan,

Interesting point. Correct me if I'm wrong. The thieve cut open the window to open the door? If then open it then it will trigger the alarm. If they cut a hole big enough to climb in, then when they do so that will definitely trigger the alarm. Otherwise, when they sit on the car will trigger too.

Btw, we already have a new alarm i.e. King Eagle ULTIMATE that comes with shock sensor, mircowave sensor and backup siren. All-in-1, no extra cost. We are having promotion now. You can get it for RM700.

Promotion ends in Nov. Please visit our merchant forum if u want to find out more.

Thanks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can this be done?? is there any downside?? can the tranny stand the turbo power?? i'm referring to the 4g92p wira circa 93/94 auto..can anything be done to the auto tranny like using racing auto fluid or racing torque converter?? really interested in this concept guys..:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience