gearbox atau clutch plate prob??

hafifi89

Feb 3, 2012
selangor
ade prob ngan neo aku..masa drive dari 1st gear sampai 5th gear engin meraung and RPM naik tinggi tp kereta x boleh nk speed..bleh share ape masalah sbnrnya and solution..thanks..:confused:

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
One way to find out if it's the clutch is to engage your parking brake and then put your car into gear. Release the clutch and if the engine keeps running, then more than likely you have a clutch problem. Hope this helps.

hafifi89

Feb 3, 2012
selangor
i ve try it..yup..when im release the clutch, the engine keep running...seems like my manual neo transform into an auto neo..weird..

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
Sounds like your clutch plate worn down to nothing. How old is the car and how much milage does it have? More of a curiousity as i am quite sure it is your clutch plate if not the whole clutch assembly itself.

hafifi89

Feb 3, 2012
selangor
my neo is about 3 years..just had this problem yesterday and getting worst today..one of my friends said it's a gearbox problem...i just don't know what exactly the problem is..it just suddenly happened..:confused:

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
Looks like i could be wrong. I was thinking it is a much older car. It might still be a gearbox problem. Is there any burning smell? I think if there is, then it is still be a clutch problem. Anyway, you have to take out the gearbox to see whatever the problem is. Have a trusted garage work on it. You can then see if the clutch is worn down or not. If it is, you are in luck.
Otherwise, i hate to think what the problem might be.:banghead:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
clutch worn out i guess..

hafifi89

Feb 3, 2012
selangor
yup..i smelled something burning yesterday when i parked my car...there's no problem when shifting the gear, it goes smoothly but when hitting the gas, the rpm goes up but the car seems like out of power and speed..too slow and its hard to reach for :driver:60..

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
That burning smell should be the clutch slipping like crazy which would account for your power problem. Why you suddenly have this problem, that i don't know. I am guessing the clutch assembly had a failure of some sort. At least it doesn't sound like it is a gearbox problem. You probablyy should replace the whole clutch - pressure plate and lining.
Still better than reparing or replacing the gearbox. Hope you get it sorted out soon and not too costly. Cheers!

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
Sorry, can't help you with exact cost. Labour shouldn't be too much, i am guessing not more than a couple hundred RM or less. The clutch kit itself shouldn't be too expensive if you stick with Proton parts, more if you go for performance parts.
Actually, i think there is someone on the forum selling clutch kits. I am not super sure but i will try to find out.

---------- Post added 02-04-2012 at 12:01 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 02-03-2012 at 11:43 PM ----------

There is a couple of members here selling clutch kits in the Marketplace. Look under the Engine and Performance section. Danialharith and BRClutch has a lot of parts listed. I think they are mostly into performance parts. Check it out and good luck.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

on 25.10.13 @ approx 8:30am along ELITE highway this silver Proton Exora bearing number plate
BLM 7713 was exiting the junction from Putra Heights & joining the highway, he suddenly shoot to the fast lane, clipped my dad's car & made the car spun 180 degrees & hit the barrier.

both of them went to make a police report but the other party told the police officer another story, maybe trying to cover up himself. Now my dad's car has to claim total lost because of this ba*tard.
its a young...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience