Fuel for Old/Vintage Car

blueseason32

Nov 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I just bought 1967 Volvo 122S 1.8 Sedan (M) . I am looking for the best total engine protection for my vintage vehicle. So, do you guys have any suggestion on what fuel is good to prevent corrosion and keep my vintage vehicle to perform at its best?

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
In Malaysia we dont have ethanol based fuel, so RON 95 won't damage your engine and fuel system. But you might need lead additive. Check with the previous owner if the valve seats are strengthened.

carlover1234

Apr 15, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I just bought 1967 Volvo 122S 1.8 Sedan (M) . I am looking for the best total engine protection for my vintage vehicle. So, do you guys have any suggestion on what fuel is good to prevent corrosion and keep my vintage vehicle to perform at its best?
Wow what a nice car you have bro, I'll ask my brother later about what's best for your car. He is one of the car lovers and he is really into and knows everything about old/vintage cars.

blueseason32

Nov 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Wow what a nice car you have bro, I'll ask my brother later about what's best for your car. He is one of the car lovers and he is really into and knows everything about old/vintage cars.
Thanks bro, sure it would be really helpful. Maybe he can give some advice or tips that i can use to protect and maintain my vintage vehicle performance.

May 16, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i think can use ron 97 if u want better driving performance

Apr 9, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks bro, sure it would be really helpful. Maybe he can give some advice or tips that i can use to protect and maintain my vintage vehicle performance.
Ever since shell has made an improvement for their ron97 v-power, I didn't use any other petrol anymore. I find that it's so good to take care of the cars engine because it has that Dynaflex formulation.

melodymuss

Nov 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well actually if you ask me i would say the way the car is used also affects. For example, how you drive the car, the way you maintain the car like how often you send your car in for service and also choosing the right petrol for your car.

melodymuss

Nov 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ever since shell has made an improvement for their ron97 v-power, I didn't use any other petrol anymore. I find that it's so good to take care of the cars engine because it has that Dynaflex formulation.
This is actually something that i can agree with, since i have started to use shell ron97 i can tell the different before and after i use it. I can feel that my car's engine performance is improved, no more weird sounds comes from the engine. It also helps to improve engine condition whilst helping to maximize energy from the fuel.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Yes lets all hold hands, sing kumbaya around the campfire, and spend extra money on RON97 . Boy you guys and gals are one convincing bunch !

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Another GTR crashes on Jalan Ampang. This time, it's said to be a Bangladeshi car jockey who probably thought the GTR's really fail proof. Sad to say, it's not exactly dummy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience