First Impression: RCS Suspension - Velocity Sensitive Dampers

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Nice review! The chassis for the Mini is already considered pretty good so paired with good suspension it's probably amazing to drive.

But what about slushy chassis like a old Wira A/B? How would these RCS fare with a car this old? Wish I had the moolah to find out.

EGK20A

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
Damn it. Typed so bloody long reply but the silly  OS6 native browser auto - close pulak.

My personal answer : worth it. But maybe u gotta check + replace any bushes + tie rod ends + lower arms + driveshaft related parts, and only then, get your Wira RCS'ed. Why? So that you yourself are ensured that the Wira's chassis is working perfectly in harmony with the RCS setup , and you get to fully extract the RCS setup's potential with your Wira.

Taking myself as an example : my monthly salary is 2/3 from RCS's asking price for the package + extras that I wanted for my sekon - han Neo. But damn it I'll try my frickin' best to get it done before the end of this year! RCS setup is just way too good to me!

silviatub

Jan 7, 2008
i actually rode in an E38 730i done by Nanda and the ride and handling was absolutely serene and mind boggling...the car was actually riding low but i was suprised with the amount of suspension travel it had...

it not only handled well in corners, but to be honest, the ride was very comfortable...no floaty feeling at all in high speeds...

there was this time when the owner of the car was testing the new suspension, there was E46 330Ci that was trying to out accelerate us...the E38 was cool and composed, where as the E46 was bouncing all over the the undulating surface...the E38 just coolly overtook the E46 without breaking a sweat because the E46 just could not handle the undulating surface...it is at this point where i could really see and realise the difference between RCS and other suspension...

i was sold instantly!

Last edited:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Firstly congrats to yet another homegrown full on talent backed with r & d. Up to this point i was giving up hope thinking such breed of ppl exsist no more in bolehland. Perhaps its also a wake up call for everyone else to start having more research backed into the products they sell. Its all well and fine to judge a product based on price alone but living in malaysia, we know that the price often does not rack up to the quality.

Interesting too to see aragostas and the exquisite rana springs ditched for RCS. The point to note here is that everything bought from japan does not work well on malaysian roads. In the case of absorber valving, i have only found 1 which can stand up to the harsh brutal malaysian roads. And pls stop kidding ourselves with national pride saying our roads are good. They are quite simply not. With potholes and gaps and uneven surfaces. A shock absorber has to be built and valved properly for what its about to encounter. Springs also matter, with most of the jap manufacturers offering 'out-of-the-box' rates in excess of 5kg-mm...its never going to work for a road car. Hopefully ppl can be realistic about what they are putting their tyres on. Give local TALENT a fair chance. They deserve it.
Aragosta isn't a Japanese company though.

But anyway, your point regarding Japanese suspension like HKS, etc being too hard for local roads is very much true. Even with adjustable damper there is only so much you can do to offset the harshness.

I might head down to RCS but just to have a look. This is a bit out of my price range :(

NoelE34

From Facebook
Feb 16, 2012
www.facebook.com
Kudo's for local talent! However, I dont agree what what some people say regarding 'local product should have local price'. A good product deserves what it deserves, regardless of its country of origin.

Back on topic,
Would be nice to try them out after my Koni's have expired. Local (means they would know what our roads are like) + customisable + serviceable and the fact is that RCS has hardware and software (Kinematics Software stated and shown by Tom) is definitely a plus in my book. Explanation back up by numbers +1!

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Hey Tom, its bout 10 months now since you posted this review. Just wondering how's the RCS holding up and if there's any shortcomings that you noticed in the context of their street setup. Also, what's the mileage you clocked and how is it holding up in terms of wear and tear?

I don't expect them to last forever, since its a wear and tear part..though I'm curious how's the lifespan like on our roads...and how much it costs to get them serviced.

RM5.5k for a complete custom street setup with data and full measurements is cheap. Very cheap. It's big money for most of us including myself, but for the level of service rendered its damn cheap. If Nanda & co. offered the same level of service done in USA or Europe would easily cost double and more. Props to Nanda for making it affordable for us locals.

Last edited:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Hey Tom, its bout 10 months now since you posted this review. Just wondering how's the RCS holding up and if there's any shortcomings that you noticed in the context of their street setup. Also, what's the mileage you clocked and how is it holding up in terms of wear and tear?

I don't expect them to last forever, since its a wear and tear part..though I'm curious how's the lifespan like on our roads...and how much it costs to get them serviced.

RM5.5k for a complete custom street setup with data and full measurements is cheap. Very cheap. It's big money for most of us including myself, but for the level of service rendered its damn cheap. If Nanda & co. offered the same level of service done in USA or Europe would easily cost double and more. Props to Nanda for making it affordable for us locals.
first of all, i wish i had more time with the car. it's been kind of hibernating for the last 5 months or so pending some minor work to it. To be honest, the snippets of the impression i had with the RCS are still crystal clear. One would be the last exit of the Duke Highway where i was blown away by the sudden realization of how well the big BM handled, Finally.

It's almost like being able to see for the first time after being blind for years. that was the first night with new suspension on the car.

I'd be speaking on behalf of people with problems choosing their suspension makers. These are people with older cars, special needs being burnt by and/or those who just refuse to succumb to the worst term ever, "is like that one". Especially blood-boiling if you've just paid for the "is like that one" product.

RCS is a bespoke, personalized, with-your-name-on-it solution.

I've been to RCS a couple of times after that for service also just to fine tune the ride and height to my liking. Being a relatively new company, they are ever-changing. improving wherever they can, replacing whichever parts that is deemed inferior by design. so you can go back to them, they'd happily inspect the faults you have with the system and advice you.

And because they're a couple years young, they are still discovering the perfect blend of cost and quality to build a system that will eventually be bullet-proof. For now, dont expect to fit-it-and-forget-it because you might need a re-visit now and then. After all it's custom built.

Other great instances were the drives up Genting Highlands. Truly transformed the way the car behaves. I felt the 4 corners of the big bm for the first time. I was able to turn through the tight twisties with zero drama for the first time. I shall return with a good footage when the car comes back

aarion

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL
Dear Bros,

Any update so far on the RCS products? Would love to hear more from the current users.

cfa

Jun 15, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
just visited their website, seems they are more to Motor Sports these days than doing upgrading suspension for normal Road Cars. Could be wrong. If someone had recent review, it would be great.

Also, do u have to leave your car there for 2-weeks? Would be challenging for ppl with only 1-car.

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
just visited their website, seems they are more to Motor Sports these days than doing upgrading suspension for normal Road Cars. Could be wrong. If someone had recent review, it would be great.

Also, do u have to leave your car there for 2-weeks? Would be challenging for ppl with only 1-car.

the tom's car was road car for road use....

its just because motorsports is their main bussiness and product....but as tom said, they can almost precisely calculate and design your suspension to suits your preference no matter for road or race use.

*still minor tweak/retune might be needed but its no more guessing work since all baseline already calculated using their own software

Jonnip

Feb 27, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi

1. They have moved to bukit jelutong
2. You take your car and they will asses it if they already have done your car before it doesn't take that long but if it's a new car for them it will take all day for them to finish. I have taken 2 cars to them the first one was a bit older and as well as measuring and weighting the car they also went through with me visually all the worn bushings and mounts that would be beniftial to replace. It's worth pointing out that after they have put the car back together they do send it for a four wheel alignment and a test drive.
3.after the first day you take your car back and wait 2 weeks and then you go to have it fitted.

HTH

Jonni

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Sorry and yes they do do road cars. My two cars both road use.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Hi

1. They have moved to bukit jelutong
2. You take your car and they will asses it if they already have done your car before it doesn't take that long but if it's a new car for them it will take all day for them to finish. I have taken 2 cars to them the first one was a bit older and as well as measuring and weighting the car they also went through with me visually all the worn bushings and mounts that would be beniftial to replace. It's worth pointing out that after they have put the car back together they do send it for a four wheel alignment and a test drive.
3.after the first day you take your car back and wait 2 weeks and then you go to have it fitted.

HTH

Jonni

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Sorry and yes they do do road cars. My two cars both road use.
Hi mate, mind to share the cost and the car?

And of course, your impression.

Jonnip

Feb 27, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi

The first car unfortunately caught fire so no tales of joy on that one.

Im currently waiting to fit my set to my Mazda 3. Im working overseas and as soon as I get back I will happily let you know im booked in for March 5th (they are already built and waiting)

I got the suspension and also the pillow ball top mount for 4800.

As a European used to European service and standards I will say they are top notch and very refreshing for a local company to provide this level of service.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Hi

The first car unfortunately caught fire so no tales of joy on that one.

Im currently waiting to fit my set to my Mazda 3. Im working overseas and as soon as I get back I will happily let you know im booked in for March 5th (they are already built and waiting)

I got the suspension and also the pillow ball top mount for 4800.

As a European used to European service and standards I will say they are top notch and very refreshing for a local company to provide this level of service.
Sorry to hear about your loss. Will wait to hear your impressions.

By the way do they advise you on the settings, e.g. damping rate, spring rate, why this rate was chosen etc.

I feel the usual customer response of "I want it to be comfortable as hell and hug corners like a track" to be an impossible feat. And by having a better understanding on how suspension works and how car handles it would help us to identify what is truly achievable.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Sorry to hear about your loss. Will wait to hear your impressions.

By the way do they advise you on the settings, e.g. damping rate, spring rate, why this rate was chosen etc.

I feel the usual customer response of "I want it to be comfortable as hell and hug corners like a track" to be an impossible feat. And by having a better understanding on how suspension works and how car handles it would help us to identify what is truly achievable.

by using their tuning software...

input of vehicle weight/corner weight, wheelbase etc etc, stock ride height etc etc...and kaboom...the value came out.... :idea:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, where can i get adapters for open pod air filter , to be fitted with my original airfilter hose. (mivec engine)

The hose is 4 inches in diameter. Most accessories shop dont have the adapter, they only sell the air filter and then ask us to find the adapter ourself, except for apexi air filter.

I'm planning to buy an airfilter which has 6 inch inlet, and then i need the adapter to convert it from 6 inch become 4 inch

Chop shop have these adapters ar ?

Hope to hear from u guys soon :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience