Finding car parts in KL

finding_nismo

Aug 3, 2009
sydney
Hey,

I will be travelling to KL in a few weeks and would like some recommendations on where to go for car parts around Berjaya Times Square. Looking for any kind of parts (performance/ looks) and in car entertainment. I own a Mitsubishi Evolution VII if that helps.

Thanks,

James

finding_nismo

Aug 3, 2009
sydney
New parts. Can be from performance mods, wheel nuts, speakers/ amplifiers, gear knobs, air fresheners all those sorts of things. Nothing too big as I have to bring them back to Sydney.

finding_nismo

Aug 3, 2009
sydney
Thanks, do you have an address for this Sunway business park?

Also any particular stores to go look at?

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
address,erm..u just key in sunway business park or sunway pyramid,near sunway college,cant miss it,didnt had any particular shop,just shop around,wakaka...lot of shops there...take ur time,haha...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Hey mate,

Heh, car stuff is rather expensive in OZ, for no apparent reason. Alpine and Pioneer stuff costs an arm and leg there, and over here its cheaper.

Sunway - Google Maps

You'll find a lot of performance workshops in that area, that's the Sunway area kazukimy spoke of. notable ones for your Evo would be N1 Racing, which is roughly where the map is centered, and in the vicinity and walking distance is GT Auto - they have the fastest Malaysian Evo I believe, another gold mine for Evo parts. On the same road front of N1 Racing, further up you'll find Kakimoto, they have MOMO and other smaller accessories and stuff.

For audio I think there's a shop opposite N1 Racing, though not notable. EA Autoworks has a better selection
EA Autoworks Taman Esplanade Kuala Lumpur Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur - Google Maps

I recommend that you google EA Autoworks up, they should have a Facebook page, you could probably get a quote for the stuff you're interested in beforehand.

Make sure you bring cold hard cash, cause by paying cash you get a cash discount. Also, to ensure that you don't get ripped off I suggest you try searching the Marketplace in this forums so you have a good idea of how much the stuff costs. Over here you can negotiate the price a little.

finding_nismo

Aug 3, 2009
sydney
Yes parts over here in OZ is expensive. Most of us guys here get parts shipped from Japan and the US, even with a high postage price it still ends up cheaper than buying locally.

Thanks alot for your help guys, very much appreciated!

finding_nismo

Aug 3, 2009
sydney
Cool! Thanks vr2turbo :)

I just went through the Brothers website and they have lots of no name brands or brands I have nver heard of over here in OZ. Is there any brand to stay away from?

Also are there other stores like the Brothers store but stock more brand names like Pioneer for example?

Thank you!

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Cool! Thanks vr2turbo :)

I just went through the Brothers website and they have lots of no name brands or brands I have nver heard of over here in OZ. Is there any brand to stay away from?

Also are there other stores like the Brothers store but stock more brand names like Pioneer for example?

Thank you!
They sell branded audio sets also. In their web I still see Kenwood, JVC, Sony and Panasonic. These are all Japanese Brands.....
Apexi and their own Brothers brand are from China....

Other places you can go to are Accessories shops that are located all over town. Brothers HQ is like a hypermarket for Accessories since you are asking for a place to shop these items.....

finding_nismo

Aug 3, 2009
sydney
Do you know if they are negotiable on prices or are they set on their prices?

They list 3 stores in KL on their website. Do you know which is the biggest store? Would like to get the most out of my trip as I haven't been back in about 10yrs.

I'm staying at the Berjaya Times Square Hotel if that helps.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Do you know if they are negotiable on prices or are they set on their prices?

They list 3 stores in KL on their website. Do you know which is the biggest store? Would like to get the most out of my trip as I haven't been back in about 10yrs.

I'm staying at the Berjaya Times Square Hotel if that helps.
Accessories shop can negotiate prices but I think they are higher priced as usually they want to do the installation too. Since you want to cash & carry, better you go to Brothers which concept is Hypermarket type, where you just buy. Their Ampang branch is the biggest if not mistaken, then their HQ in Kelana Jaya. If staying in KL might as well go to Ampang one and I think their prices are fixed....

ahmat

Jul 15, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Accessories shop can negotiate prices but I think they are higher priced as usually they want to do the installation too. Since you want to cash & carry, better you go to Brothers which concept is Hypermarket type, where you just buy. Their Ampang branch is the biggest if not mistaken, then their HQ in Kelana Jaya. If staying in KL might as well go to Ampang one and I think their prices are fixed....
just stay away from brothers.. all they have is china brands...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

One of the nuts in the subframe has come loose after replacing the front lower arm for my waja. The bolt now spins freely and cannot be removed also.

I've read on VW forums that they will cut a hole in the subframe and weld the nut back in place, but that seems like it will compromise the structure of the subframe. (I have a GSR terbalik in my engine bay).

My questions is, should I look for a Waja subframe from halfcut shops, buy a new one from Proton (how much?:bawling:)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience