Finally getting rid of my 4g13

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If engine only forget it, better off getting half cut then transfer whatever that can come over. Like explained by bro. Izso, buy piece by piece, will be more expensive and need everything to fit proper.....

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
dude this is gonna cost you a small fortune.

Engine only : RM3500
Engine swap and refresh : RM???
Gearbox : RM????
ECU : RM4xxxx

By the time you're done spending all this money you'd have your ass handed over by a BOT 4G91 anyway.
Here is one for sale

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
91 engines have gone up in price suddenly. I remember finding them for as cheap as 1.8k before first MCO. Anyways notes taken, still searching for a halfcut 4g92 but at the same time a 91 set and a turbo as a backup plan.

Quick question: is it that the 92 mivec cannot be endorsed on a 1.3 body because its 'mivec'?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
91 engines have gone up in price suddenly. I remember finding them for as cheap as 1.8k before first MCO. Anyways notes taken, still searching for a halfcut 4g92 but at the same time a 91 set and a turbo as a backup plan.

Quick question: is it that the 92 mivec cannot be endorsed on a 1.3 body because its 'mivec'?
huh.. 30% increase is your max. They don't care mivec or not. 4G92 is a 1.6L so 1.3 + 30% capacity is approximately 1.7L so plenty of space for your upgrade.

Reactions: Ranjanmax

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Remember to upgrade suspension and brakes....lol

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

Go halfcut search. Take ur time. This thing cannot rush or u end up too many rojak ideas.
Go for 92 mivec. Price also keras.
If rojak total to that amount of 92 mivec, no point rojak.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Go halfcut search. Take ur time. This thing cannot rush or u end up too many rojak ideas.
Rojak scare some parts not matching, probably need more tuning too. Halfcut all just transfer over....lol

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
for sure.. the hunt for the 92mivec is still ongoing. as mentioned previously, will try my best to keep this thread active as much as i can..

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
Update on the thread,
for now im just sourcing some other parts like radiator, suspension and better brakes. Have posted in various groups asking if this engine can be found. Hunt is still ongoing

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
i also need to know this. How and where do we check to see this line to identify what engine we are dealing with, and what about the 92 series engines?
Make friends with your mech and get him to help you check (assuming he knows how to identify). The problem with halfcuts is you'll never know what you're going to get and how much will be needed to fix up the engine before transplanting.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
i also need to know this. How and where do we check to see this line to identify what engine we are dealing with, and what about the 92 series engines?
this can only tell you what head it has. On the head, right infront, just over the extractors.... if i remember correctly on its right (facing the car)

block u pandai pandailah....

i hope you know what ur doing, i didnt mention this earlier but i believe one of the links posted by you was that of a newer generation engine, which means its not practical to put into the older protons. thats why its cheaper, cause not much demand.
**take note the newer gen 4g cannot rojak with the older gen parts, its 'terbalik'

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys.. i have heard of these gadgets about those exhaust that spit fire..
and i know that roughly all u need is a spark plug and some wires and a switch.
but other than that.. i dont know how its done.. can anyone help me out about this?
plannign to diy this thing..
thanx a mill.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience