Ferrari 599’s last hurrah, the GTB 60F1, now in Malaysia

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

These are interesting times indeed for Ferrari in Malaysia. Over the weekend, I was invited to view the latest Ferrari to arrive on our shores and what you’re looking at is perhaps one of the rarer, lesser known Ferraris to ever arrive in Malaysia – the Ferrari 599 GTB 60F1, a non-limited option for all HGTEs. This is Ferrari’s last hurrah to the 599 prior to delivery of its replacement, the Ferrari F12.

If you’re wondering how the ‘60F1’ in this car’s name was derived, wonder no more – this car celebrates Ferrari’s first ever victory in the Formula World Championship by Froilan Gonzalez and their 375 F1 car at the British Grand Prix in Silverstone, as well as Fernando Alonso’s first victory of the season whilst racing the Ferrari 150° Italia, sixty years later.

Despite having the GTB moniker in its name, the 60F1 is mechanically similar to the HGTE (Handling Gran Turismo Evoluzione) 599. That means that unlike a ‘regular’ GTB (if you could ever call a Ferrari, any Ferrari, regular for that matter), the 60F1 comes with stiffer suspension settings and rear anti-roll bars. Ride height has also been lowered, thus lowering the centre of gravity and improving body control. Power is derived from Ferrari’s 6.0-litre V12 that makes 611bhp and electronic tweaks ensure the F1 gearbox’s shifts are quicker ensuring faster response to driver inputs.

Because the 60F1 was revealed at the same time as Ferrari’s Tailor Made programme, focus was of course placed on exterior and interior styling tweaks – inspired, of course, by Gonzalez’s and Alonso’s winning cars. In fact, three exterior liveries are offered on the 60F1 – 375 F1 Livery, Ferrari 150° Italia Livery, and Ferrari 150° Italia 2 Livery. Three exterior liveries are offered on the 60F1: 375 F1 Livery that has a historic, darker red used by Scuderia on its very first Formula 1 cars, Ferrari 150° Italia Livery that used the same hue as Alonso’s Ferrari 150° Italia with F1 white featured on the lower front bumper, mudguards, bonnet, A-pillar and tricolor on the spoiler and Ferrari 150° Italia 2 Livery a more toned down variant of the second option with F1 white used just on the front bumper. All three options come with a supersized Scuderia Ferrari shield painted above the front wheel arches (regular shields are badges), a satin-finish aluminum fuel cap, and 20-inch diamond-finish forged wheels.

Like the outside, the cabin receives similar treatment and carries cues from both winning F1 drivers. As can be expected, no cost was spared with keeping the car light, with Alcantara and a metallic fiberglass, Alutex, being used across the dashboard and seats. The seats, Sabelt in Europe markets and Recaros in the American version, features an innovative material known as Superfabric, designed to hold its occupant firmly in place during extreme driving scenarios. Of course, it is also difficult to miss the red and blue FIA-spec four-point safety harnesses as well as the prancing horse stitched into the headrests.

The 60F1 you see in these pictures carry the Ferrari 150° Italia Livery and from what I’ve been told, there are only 6 such examples around the world. Good news then, if you’re in the market for something less common. The unit brought in by Naza Italia does not yet have an owner and is available for purchase. You know what they say about having to ask for the price… And what of the F12? Well, we know it will be making pit-stops around Southeast Asia in Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore and then Australia. Unfortunately, it will not stop-by here in Malaysia. Still, I've heard there have been a number of solid orders already, so expect to see a number of them on our roads when it launches here.

Attachments

Last edited:

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The 599XX is a non-legal, track-only tool whilst the 599 60F1/HGTE are road-legal performance machines. Two totally different categories altogether. As for the price... let's just say that's a close estimate.

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
There are already several GTOs in Malaysia; at last count, I remember a total of 4 or 5 units.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Your eyes are not playing tricks on you; its true. This is really a Jaguar E-Type. 50 years old, and regarded as the "Top 100 Most Beautiful Cars in the World". I'll admit that I do not know very much about Jaguars, or this Jaguar in particular... but I will say that aesthetically, the lines on this cat are gorgeous.

Now on to the good news - I'm trying to arrange for a photoshoot with an E-Type (not the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience