exhaust system

cooljas

500 RPM
Jan 24, 2005
Hi to ppl out there...
Can anyone here recommend me to good exhaust shop tat provides branded mufflers n good workmanship in klang valley?...coz i wanna change my stock exhaust system!

can anyone tell me wat is the best piping size to fit on a gti n wat kinda mufflers will have the bassy sound...i don wan sharp sound like how the ah bengs mod their car..

thanks a lot

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
if u wan plug n play exhaust go for hotbits. nice bassy sound. 2" piping so it's "road legal"..

u can also do custom like 2.5" piping & go for more expensive brands like tanabe/5zigen. mebbe can go to JFA in sunway.

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
how much is the hotbits PnP exhaust eh?

actually, try not to go above 2" for your piping and inlet la. unless ur running turbo then, the bigger the better. umm, an s-flow is highly recommended IF you are concerened with low-mid rpm torque and fuel consumption. cause if it's straight flow, more exhaust gasses will flow due to the lesser back pressure. which is good if you want to fly around 180km/h++++

:)

don't go to sunway for exhaust mods unless you really want to go to jafaar exhaust for a custom muffler and/or piping.

arif

Mar 25, 2004
cooljas...

been to jaafar b4...the price is quite expensive.....i've gone there to have my intercooler piping done...love their workmanship...

ah hong

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2005
Visit site
4 putra punya hotbits pnp exhuast i dono the price ler... but 4 the gti punya is RM380 siap pasang... i tat day baru install ler... :D very quite exhuast

voon

Known Member
Nov 28, 2003
trdturbo,

mind telling me which shop in chai leng do good exhaust piping work ? must be honest mechanic one !

Thanx

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
bro, my advice to u...extractor go for PZ instead of hotbits, spend more get more...if u can spend even more, go for custom make, some may cost cheaper than PZ's

and by the way, i dun understand why straight flow is giving less pressure than s-flow? It's the route that is longer and costs the sound to go smoother and more quiet. No compressing for back pressure. So, if the air flows better straight, and faster, thus i strongly believe that straight flows provide better low end torque.

It's just like chopping your extractor, u cut down the route, thus give u a faster flow and low end torque.

4-2-1 and 4-1, the difference, if u're using 4-1, jaga HUMPS..90% will hit it. But the main difference is still the low end and mid range torque. Sure aftermarket 4-2-1's give better performance, but 4-1 will give a even better low end torque, after testing my friend's EG.

piping length, go and consult JFA, Jian Hang from batu caves or Lai exhaust from SS2, that's the only place i know which provides good servicing and knowledge.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

I have a 3" straight flow exhaust setup on my turbo car. I have a mid-box resonator (pretty large one and is straight flow) and a pretty large straight flow rear muffler. But it's still loud and the droning at 2.6-3k rpm is killing me since I'm in that rev range a lot.

I've been reading up about side-branch resonators and helmholtz resonators. It's those weird branch exhaust add-ons that apparently take away the droning by cancelling out certain frequencies depending on length of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience