Driveshaft

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Driveshaft for 1.3/1.5 protons

Hi All,

I'm planning to change my driveshaft, not only that, i wanna change the full set alone.

Ok, i don't know what is that called.

Assuming the driveshaft alone is on the right, in the middle is the steel rod, and on the left is also similar like driveshaft but is not.

The reason why I want to change is that, there is this 'kling kling' sound even when driving on straight road, i suspect is the steel rod or the one inside. There is no 'tak tak' sound if I do full left or right turn. I think the driveshaft is ok.

I had already changed the driveshaft, but after changing the driveshaft, another problem again.

So far I've done price survey for driveshaft 1.3/1.5, it cost RM 200 each, both side would be RM 400. What about the steel rod and the one on the left, full set for each side.

Anyone experience similar problems as this?

Thanks.

Last edited:

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
if you have a drive shaft problem, u only hear 'ketak-ketak-ketak" sound when turning with accelerator pressed abit... u don't hear anything on straights...

Last edited:

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Err, the sound gone liao. :rock:

That's right, tak tak tak sound only happens when we make full turn.

But I spoke to the spare part shop boss, he said that is the inner driveshaft, not quite sure how true it is.

Yeap, but is very hard also to know which shaft is wear liao, so if you change the wrong shaft, you wasted more money, fugged ..!

The driveshaft alone, RM 200, some places might be cheaper, the whole thing cost around RM 300, RM 200 also got but they are old stock.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi

Long absent from ZTH

I think want to buy Proton platform with Mitsubishi turbocharged engine. Budget is limited. ..i cannot afford Evos or Imprezas

Im not into competition / drag / track racing. It just for self satisfaction and fun. Speed is addictive.

I got 3 options. ..

1. Satria GTI with already converted Evo 3
2. Satria Neo with already converted 1.8T 4G93T
3. Volvo 940 / Mercedes E220 W124 body with 1JZ VVTI

Satria Neo cannot get JPJ endorsement if use Evo...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience