Does driving like tis, damage the car auto gear transmission ?

Andy_ow

Nov 16, 2005
kl
hello to the all 0-100 sifu,

I heard that if your car is on a rolling stop & then you change your gear from (D) to (N) while the car is still moving, it will seriously damaged the gear transmission. So izit the best way is to always put the gear into (D) even the car is not moving. I need sifu to let me know the truth about tis :hmmmm:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
is better when u come to a complete stop then only u put to N, y?
cos for safety reasons also, example before u coming to a stop u will slow down & put to N rite, imagine if a car cant stop in time & knock u from behind your car will shoot infront.......if u keep it into D, at least u be able to control your car.....thats wat i learnt la...:)

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I usually do that when it is red in front, I'll put to D
and let it cruise while controlling the brakes.

N is more like freeing the gear, I don't think it will damage the car.
Like Danz said, for safety reasons, best is to change to N when the
car has stopped, at least if anything happen, u can control the car
by the accelerator.

:beer:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
if u accidentally put into N while moving...surely putting into D with rpm on idle (even the car was moving) would jerk the transmission hence...would be prone to damage...

so....before putting into D...just rev the engine a bit (like race driver doing "heel n toe" while downshift)...make sure the rpm was within the speed range....means...like if normal your car cruise 80km/[email protected] give it rev around 1800-2500rpm before shifting into D......

it helps to reduce transmission jerk...hence reduce the risk of failure......

but after u learn this....don't do it everytime....dangerous.....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
if u accidentally put into N while moving...surely putting into D with rpm on idle (even the car was moving) would jerk the transmission hence...would be prone to damage...

so....before putting into D...just rev the engine a bit (like race driver doing "heel n toe" while downshift)...make sure the rpm was within the speed range....means...like if normal your car cruise 80km/[email protected] give it rev around 1800-2500rpm before shifting into D......

it helps to reduce transmission jerk...hence reduce the risk of failure......

but after u learn this....don't do it everytime....dangerous.....
Means, best not to put gear to N? cuz some redlights can be very long
and we got to put to Gear N and pull on the handbrakes. Stepping on
the brakes all the time with Gear D on, I heard it will waste petrol.

SE86

Known Member
Nov 21, 2005
hell yeah.something new i learned..i din know bout all this..kasi hantam saja wan..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Means, best not to put gear to N? cuz some redlights can be very long
and we got to put to Gear N and pull on the handbrakes. Stepping on
the brakes all the time with Gear D on, I heard it will waste petrol.

my method only at speed...

but waiting at traffic light or heavy jam..then feel free to put the gear in N position if the wait was long....

mostlikely in "stop n go" situation no need to free the gear...just D and control the speed with brakes.. (almost no throttle needed) for slow crawling traffic

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Thanks Bro Pomen, I didnt know that, now fully understand hehe! :top:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

First time father / fatherhood -there were mixed feelings . There was a sense of joy and pride. Yet, there were also comes with alot of uncertainties and the amount of sacrifices have to be made! We will need to adjust our schedule around the child. ... But please get prepared by learning from others and do as much reading up as ... just like getting a new car

My Buddy is very exciting....full of expectant and uncertainties!!! I answer many calls daily....most of them of it in regards to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience