DIY sifus pls help me with door actuator

kaokhao

Jun 6, 2005
My door actuator sometimes not working and i'm think to diy changing the door actuator(driver door actuator). I went to 1U Eneos to buy the door actuator but i found out there are 2 types of door actuator (2 wires and 5 wires door actuator). Which one to buy:confused_smile: ???Pls help me......thanks.....:regular_smile:

DarkAccoon

what car are u driving first lar
if wira then i suggest u dun buy those in enous

best is u buy from car spare part shops
cause wira's one is different

jswong

Dec 30, 2004
Wira original one is like a motor, it actuates the door lock rod by rotation. It's quite reliable and hardly fails.

The ones that accessory shops install are solenoid actuators that move up and down. The 5-wire version is usually used for the driver-side door because it can return a signal when you pull up or push down the door lock, to tell the central locking system to lock all doors or open all doors. The other 3 wire actuator is for the rest of the doors, whereby they only push or pull. You can use the 5-wire actuators for all doors, but only connect the signal return at the driver door.

If you have a screwed-up central locking controller, the solenoid actuators have a tendency to oscillate, shooting up and down rapidly.

kaokhao

Jun 6, 2005
me driving iswara...and i think i having a screwed-up central locking controller coz shooting up and down rapidly.So if this type of problem occured, i need to replace central locking controller or the door actuator? thank you DarkAccoon and jswong. Really appreciate all of your help....

yaya... jz buy from spare part shop.... tell them what car u driving and they'll know what u need.... better than u buy blindly from accessory shops...

ledang

Jul 7, 2004
i had same problem on driver side, driving iswara too.. I brought new 1 from spare-part shop (rm45) and replaced it myself. problem solved.

Hello,

i parked my car in a complex mall and the car roof kena the waste water dripping from the pipe above. I only realised it on the next day and the white stain is there and hard to remove unless i use a coin cover with clothe n scratch it. it is not easy to remove!.

how should i get rid of it without hurting the car paint???

use wd-40? (i used b4 to remove left over sticker glue stains on car paint)

the worst thing is, it is not my car :sweat: