DIY: Question about connections

malwinder

Known Member
May 18, 2005
melaka
malwinder.20fr.com
hi i am facing a problem....how do u connect a 18 AWG wire to the battery.......do like just lilit over the terminal or pateri it to a metal loop so that it can fit in the screw....?????thanks.......

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i run a direct 12v source to my fuel pump and pretty much know what you;re facing. do not "lilit" it around the battery as this is part of the reason you see cars burning on the side of the road. get a proper connect then crimp the 18awg wire into connector, solder then get heat shrink tubing to ensure proper insulation.

malwinder

Known Member
May 18, 2005
melaka
malwinder.20fr.com
ok i got a question to ask.....now i got too many wiring bolt on to the battery and the screw is not long enough...i want to change the screw to a longer screw....can i just use any normal screw or got specific screw for battery wan....

malwinder

Known Member
May 18, 2005
melaka
malwinder.20fr.com
one more question where can i buy the heat shrink tubing and connector......so the end which is bolt onto the battery looks like a ground cable ending lah with a round ring connector and a tube for insulation right......right???

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
malwinder said:
one more question where can i buy the heat shrink tubing and connector......so the end which is bolt onto the battery looks like a ground cable ending lah with a round ring connector and a tube for insulation right......right???
i got cousin deal wit tis cable lug n heatshrink....let me know the size o snap a photo of ur cable....

if grounding lugs i got la....wire lug i oso got..but not sure ngam u o not..otherwise hv to ask my cousin...

c-ground

Known Member
Apr 5, 2005
Seri Kembangan
cground.fotopic.net
for a neater look.. you may want to join all the wires into a bunch, and then crimp it to a lug of a suitable size. Then heat shrink the few inches from the lug. However, if your wires are not permanent, you can do it separately, then tie them together wioth a cable tie, and then cover them with a cable organizer:

malwinder

Known Member
May 18, 2005
melaka
malwinder.20fr.com
where can i get the cable organizer ar....i tried a few hardware shop...cannot find.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can anyone tell me where can i install lancer meter?? now i'm using wira meter...
or maybe can give me the wiring detail to D.I.Y
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience