[DIY] Oil catch tank

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Have mah! Fuel injected cars fuel filter is made of metal, but much more expensive
much more expensive in term of price gap but still cheap.
only thing u cannot see through the container.not sure if the filter material can stand heat as its design to filter petrol which will be lower in temperature.
some cheapo version uses tissue like material...so must bw careful.

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong
Have mah! Fuel injected cars fuel filter is made of metal, but much more expensive
Yea lar
Easily > 100 ringgit
But dunno whether got use good stuff for filter material anot
much more expensive in term of price gap but still cheap.
only thing u cannot see through the container.not sure if the filter material can stand heat as its design to filter petrol which will be lower in temperature.
some cheapo version uses tissue like material...so must bw careful.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yea lar
Easily > 100 ringgit
But dunno whether got use good stuff for filter material anot
Depends on car model. Mine around RM40 to 60, but like bro. gunnerzz mentioned cannot see inside. I still prefer my plastic ones......lol

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong
Lol, I guess I have joined the lazy gang. Not sure when my oil catch tank can finish making. I'll just put in the iswara fuel filter first.
IMG_20180715_195351.jpg

abubin

Jul 13, 2006
Can I get a clearer picture on MyVI OCT implementation? Noob here and very interested with installing OCT on my 2006 1.3 MyVi. Very sorry to bro Izso as I don't see the host clear enough going from where to where and which one is intake and outtake.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Can I get a clearer picture on MyVI OCT implementation? Noob here and very interested with installing OCT on my 2006 1.3 MyVi. Very sorry to bro Izso as I don't see the host clear enough going from where to where and which one is intake and outtake.
Are you going to use a proper OCT can or one of those fuel filters?

abubin

Jul 13, 2006
Are you going to use a proper OCT can or one of those fuel filters?
Have not decided yet.
Is there a difference? Probably going to those ready made cans where some have 2 ports and some 3 ports.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Have not decided yet.
Is there a difference? Probably going to those ready made cans where some have 2 ports and some 3 ports.
i don't recommend what I did with the fuel filter. I found out later that it deformed and ended up clogging the inlet. It made it a lot worse. Better to use a proper OCT canister.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
i don't recommend what I did with the fuel filter. I found out later that it deformed and ended up clogging the inlet. It made it a lot worse. Better to use a proper OCT canister.
Vacuum is too strong. If the filter is always dry then its ok. Once the filter is wet with oil (which it will) this will cause it harder to suck thru the filter and the air will pressure will crush the filter.

abubin

Jul 13, 2006
Ahh..I see. Definitely do not want it to cause more problems than benefits. In that case, do you have any OCT canister to recommend? For MyVI, is something like this good enough?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It is well known that the inimitable Jeremy Clarkson has a way with words. Especially when they're uncomplimentary. In fact, as a measure of how much his wit can hurt, when Clarkson actually does give a compliment, a carmaker might simply be happier about not getting roasted than about getting a good review.

The London Times has posted a dozen delicious lines from various Clarkson reviews for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience