DIY Honda ECU Repairs- P30 P08 P27

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
yes, but the copper trace is damage, the positive side of the caps what component is it connected. and also the negative side.

at the solder side of the board, i notice that there is no connection, I am i correct?this is for the P08 jdm ecu.

I have repaired a my p27 ecu based on the attached pics you have on this thread, it really helped. the difference it that the P27 ecu have connection on the solder side of the board so i just jumper it.

I dont see it on the P08 ecu so I need to trace it on the component side of the board. the problem is im not 100% where the terminals of the caps leads to. i just have a 80W soldering iron and a pump. no magnifying device.

if you can help me with the schematic where the caps lead to what components I will be able to make the connection. I would really appreciate it. sorry I do not have pics of the board.

all the best!!!

Positive to D5...(the nearest side)
Negative to "ground"...

All (7-8)caps negative is to ground...

Good luck

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Positive side link to diode on the top side copper.
Bottom side goes no where. (Island copper).

Negative side links to bottom side common ground.

Hope the photo helps....

Attachments

ryand

Dec 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Thank you very much for the clear instruction. I will do this on monday and hope it works. need to go somewhere over the weekend.

ryand

Dec 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hahaha i fixed my po8, i never dreamed it will work fine. no CEL. thank you for the assistance.
however, i have another p27 no burned trace or mark but it would not start.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
That good! Congrates!!!!
1 cuppa of a good Coffee Bean will do for me....(waiting...)

P27....take good pictures and send me again... let us hv a look.
Fixed many of those......

[email protected]

EH4

Jun 7, 2010
melaka
A very good info,bro....i can refer ur pic with my ecu P27 to check if got any problem with it...coz my car(eh4 sohc non vtec) sometime the check engine light take a long time(2-3 minute) to light off....some of my friend said maybe my ecu got problem....:(....if i have ecu (P27)problem,can i send to u for repair??...how much its cost??...tq

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
A very good info,bro....i can refer ur pic with my ecu P27 to check if got any problem with it...coz my car(eh4 sohc non vtec) sometime the check engine light take a long time(2-3 minute) to light off....some of my friend said maybe my ecu got problem....:(....if i have ecu (P27)problem,can i send to u for repair??...how much its cost??...tq
Yes bro... Delay check engine lite off is one of symptom of ecu trouble.
Yes... If cannot diy, yes can couirer to me..
Cost will depend on how bad the ecu condition..
Tq

EH4

Jun 7, 2010
melaka
ok..thanx bro...one of my civic friend already contact u..but his ecu problem r more critical then mine..(check engine light takes 45 minute to light off..)...if cannot DIY,i will contact u....tq

terenceng

Feb 13, 2008
long time no see how are u?

u got any friend using K20A-R EK?
Engine swap.. lol..

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
HI Terence....

K engine in EK? Nope...
U planning to do it?

EH4

Jun 7, 2010
melaka
this morning i 'dah belek2' my ecu n found out,there r 6 capacitor leaking..:(......e-tech,how much for 1 capacitor??..i'm going to try to DIY first..(safe budget..hihihi)...i think 5 small capacitor and 1 big capacitor....(sori newbie,don't know what kind of capacitor)

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
this morning i 'dah belek2' my ecu n found out,there r 6 capacitor leaking..:(......e-tech,how much for 1 capacitor??..i'm going to try to DIY first..(safe budget..hihihi)...i think 5 small capacitor and 1 big capacitor....(sori newbie,don't know what kind of capacitor)
Hi...
caps... rm0.80 to Rm2.00 each...
Good luck on ur diy.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nissan has finally launched the V36 Skyline Coupe 370GT to the Japanese market with 333ps under the hood, making it the most powerful V6 in its class.<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>

The V36 Skyline Coupe is powered by VQ37VHR ,also includes Nissan’s new...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience