[DIY]Cleaning Persona Throttle Body

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
Updates:
Do not open the TB butterfly using ur finger because it might spoil ur TB as suggested by huakenny.

Tools:
1.Brush&Cup
2.Petrol
3.Size 8 socket to open throttle body
4.Size 10 spanner to open battery.
5.Philip screw driver
6.Pliers

Fist step open negative terminal battery using size 10 spanner.
Since Rafale said reset the FC meter ,so there is no need to open the battery on next time cleaning the throttle body and being advised by izso if have piggy back or standalone, no need open battery..

Secondly open the engine cover using size 8 socket.
As you can see, there is 4 bolt size 8 to open...:

Thirdly open the 2 bolt on intake hose using Philip screw driver and put aside,as circle:

Then take out the wiring socket connected to throttle body(be careful don't break the socket clip)..
Take out the hose connecting to the TB also..
Then, using socket end spanner size 8, loosen the 4 bolt and don't drop the TB.
After take out the TB, wipe inside the intake manifold using clean cloth..Don't use tissue because might tear off and drop inside the intake..

From the side of the TB got plastic covers, i didn't take it out and clean because scared shit happen. Below pic i take from some website --> mybenz | mysatisfaction - Forum

Clean the TB using brush and petrol...

After clean the throttle body fix back ,,reverse back the method u take it out..
Make sure all were tighten properly..
Tighten the TB using X method so that it is balance and don't overtightened it..

Then go out test..i get 12L/100km at first, then it keep dropping..when idle it go up back..:banghead:

This is the mileage i get last week after clean the TB and means that this is the second time i clean after last week because someone in lowyat request me the steps..

Updates:
This week i get lower fuel comsumption a bit..i didnt know cleaning TB will results better FC..:p

Correct me if i was wrong in some steps..:smokin:

Last edited:

Rafale

Known Member
Dec 10, 2006
Selangor KLIA
Nice, any chance to mirror polish the TB? Looks like the internal gearing can be lubricated by using grease spray... 5.9L/100km? that's good ! I can't get any lower than 7.8 on my slow autobox no matter what I did :thefinger:

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
Nice, any chance to mirror polish the TB? Looks like the internal gearing can be lubricated by using grease spray... 5.9L/100km? that's good ! I can't get any lower than 7.8 on my slow autobox no matter what I did :thefinger:
lazy to polish dy bro..i second time open because someone from lowyat ask me the steps..
i didn't take out the internal gearing and service it because no guts to do it and not sure it is the same as mercedes throttle body like the link i give above..
The front TB surface quite rough..i read somewhere it is for top end..

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Nice to see these sort of DIYs! :biggrin:
bro,any ideas about the internal gear of the TB??
scared later i open all stuff drop down..:biggrin:

Rafale

Known Member
Dec 10, 2006
Selangor KLIA
lazy to polish dy bro..i second time open because someone from lowyat ask me the steps..
i didn't take out the internal gearing and service it because no guts to do it and not sure it is the same as mercedes throttle body like the link i give above..
The front TB surface quite rough..i read somewhere it is for top end..

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

bro,any ideas about the internal gear of the TB??
scared later i open all stuff drop down..:biggrin:
Maybe Izso could show us how to dismantle one of those next time :biggrin:

Forgot to ask you bro, how much is the difference in FC meter before you cleaned the TB? I think you could reset the FC meter instead of disconnecting the battery. But safety first :)

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
Maybe Izso could show us how to dismantle one of those next time :biggrin:

Forgot to ask you bro, how much is the difference in FC meter before you cleaned the TB? I think you could reset the FC meter instead of disconnecting the battery. But safety first :)
goo info bro..
i think the difference is only a little bit but i didn't really notice it..
Rm50 i think will get around 380km to 400km, the light should be on that time.
I always long distance driving..

The thing that cause my FC bad is engine oil bro..i using semi synthetic shell 10w-40 rite now which give me good FC..:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I don't suggest touching those plastic gears inside. Once those are broken it'll be a bitch to fix. If it's not broken don't touch it.

You probably could just gently brush it from outside with some alchohol or some cleaning liquid but I don't suggest taking it out unless it's broken. Don't forget to re-oil it once you clean it, I suspect it's lubricated.

ronaldindin

Known Member
Jan 14, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
www.12bet.com
please re-upload the pics bro. oh f*ck I've cucuk the TB's butterfly using my finger. How can we know whether it's faulty?

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
please re-upload the pics bro. oh f*ck I've cucuk the TB's butterfly using my finger. How can we know whether it's faulty?
not sure bout that, if spoil dont think ur car can accelerate.:biggrin:
maybe u try put ur key in ON position(not start) and press fuel pedal, u can c the butterfly moving(i read somewhere but i havent try yet. maybe u should try.)

i don;t have the pic anymore.
maybe u should refer to this blog

http://eilarazi.blogspot.com/2013/02/diy-cara-cuci-throttle-body-campro.html

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
omg.i cucuked my butterfly valve also,now shes not a virgin.hahahaha.
i vigorously clean the butterfly with dry cloth after spray some juice on it.i hope its ok.

Some tips if your are using sr20,start the engine and spray some tb cleaner directly into the IACV hose.it will make your idle stable.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys,
I'm new around here.

Well..I would like to know, is it worth it if I install/convert my Wira to a Lancer GSR machine?

Do anyone here know the market price for the half cut?

Regards.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience