Discussion On Your Daily Ride

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
yes, but very messy when puncture or tyre replacement. they will put some beads and sealant liquid in the tyre.

did once and never do it again. straight buy a secondhand sport rim.
TQ for the info.
Guess will save a bit for better quality rims and wear down the current tires which had 3-6 month of life left. Then can swap rims and mount Pilot Street on the new rims.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yes. messy when puncture as the fluid drools out from the rim sidewall. and you need to clean up the side wall before put back the sealant after you sealed the puncture.
Same like those fluid that they pump in car tyres, can prevent puncture, but when time to change tyres, very messy......lol

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
TQ for the info.
Guess will save a bit for better quality rims and wear down the current tires which had 3-6 month of life left. Then can swap rims and mount Pilot Street on the new rims.
try look for 2nd hand rims. some shops do have. just dont get stolen rims la

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Update on my EX5,
I managed to get an Osram LED front bulb for free and have been using it for 2 weeks.
To me its not worth to buy.

Why?
1.Its not that much brighter than my Osram Silverstar. At times i think its less bright.
2.High beam and low beam have the same light throw distance. High beam is brighter than low beam only. I read somewhere during low beam only half of the leds are on and switching to high beam will switch on all led.

The light will flicker during idle as LED only have ON or OFF state only, unlike filament bulb where it dims when the bike is at idle.

I Will switch back to Silvestar. My bro dont want the LED bulb so if anyone want then come and get it....foc. If not then the bulb will be a time capsule somewhere in my store.

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
Update on my EX5,
I managed to get an Osram LED front bulb for free and have been using it for 2 weeks.

Why?
1.Its not that much brighter than my Osram Silverstar. At times i think its less bright.
2.High beam and low beam have the same light throw distance. High beam is brighter than low beam only. I read somewhere during low beam only half of the leds are on and switching to high beam will switch on all led.

The light will flicker during idle as LED only have ON or OFF state only, unlike filament bulb where it dims when the bike is at idle.

I Will switch back to Silvestar. My bro dont want the LED bulb so if anyone want then come and get it....foc. If not then the bulb will be a time capsule somewhere in my store.
I am using the osram led on my lagenda. can see it on the pic. 2 pcs. so far it's ok. its works as it is. but during rainy times can't see the roads. yes it flickers as this is the cons of an led light. flickers with inconsistent power supply
20191028_191816.jpg

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I am using the osram led on my lagenda. can see it on the pic. 2 pcs. so far it's ok. its works as it is. but during rainy times can't see the roads. yes it flickers as this is the cons of an led light. flickers with inconsistent power supply
View attachment 576800
Lagenda got 2 front bulb right?
Should lit up the road very well.Thats what i noticed on bike with 2 front bulb.

yes, another weakness with white light be it on car or bike...its useless when it rains.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Update on my EX5,

Why?

Could be the reflector focusing not built for led.....

Reactions: sanekit

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Update on my EX5,

Why?

LED cannot use with reflector type headlamp iinm. u need a projector type headlamp.

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
Lagenda got 2 front bulb right?
Should lit up the road very well.Thats what i noticed on bike with 2 front bulb.

yes, another weakness with white light be it on car or bike...its useless when it rains.
yea, 2 pc led and the led i bought was rm20 a pc from spare parts shop

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Update on my EX5,

Why?

Haiya h4 bulbs is it? Too late, I have bought already for my son Swift. My Evo needs h3 and h11.

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
should be T19. it has no pins

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Additional info on the Merc W124.
I only come to know today that its equipped with hill start assist....Talk about car from the 80s, thats amazing.

When in D, u wont roll back on incline and no its not coz the fwd movement from the gb. Can feel as the car begins to roll back the gb somehow stops it and hold the car stationary. Its even better than some modern vehicle system which require us to press the brake pedal on incline to activate hill start before the car will hold itself.

Reactions: alcyon

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
This is my ride for next week.
No its not mine. I still have my Pajero and its a keeper for sure.
This 2008 D40 Navara belongs to my brother in law. I cleaned it last week and was surprised when he told me its for sale.
20220820_091803.jpg

This is LE variant. I will be driving this next week to help him sell it if possible.
This car is bought 2nd hand about 2 years ago. I doubt he bought it for its intended purpose but falls into poison trap from his friends.
Nonetheless this truck did see service as transporter and service during the last flood in Melaka and N9.

20220820_091818.jpg

This is pickup from the old days thus it got the boxy looks. Squares everywhere. To me this adds presence on the road, much more imposing compared to newer pickup.

20220820_091831.jpg

Open the driver door and you will be greeted with sea of brown which comes in different shades. The door is very tall ( its a pickup after all ), its not heavy but felt solid. Feels like u are getting into something different. My Pajero does not give such impression, could be that my Pajero had shorter door and flat door card. The door card had this massive slot for item and huge cup holders..very2 well thought out indeed. No need to use your finger like a chopstick if u drop something small into the storage area. Whats sad about this car is the leather is not taken care by the previous owner, its beyond repair as u can see from the torn driver seat. The wide top part of the door card makes a very comfortable arm rest.

20220821_095308.jpg

Electric mirror, headlight leveling adjustment. These are considered premium for a truck in 2008. I found the headlight level adjustment very useful when travelling at night yesterday. This car is installed with a Cobra immobilizer. U can see the touch key point below the key slot. Previous owner installed it, taken from a Toyota vehicle. I notice it cuts power to 'ON'. I think this immobilizer is similar with my 1.8 Waja where it can cut 2 electrical point to render the car immobilized. Can it be override with and OBD tool? Nope, as its a physical cut off and is not built into the ecu thus swapping the ECU still wont get the card started.

20220821_095327.jpg

Fuel door release button. You will press this a lot depending how u drive. I'll share my experience on FC later in this post. Its also equipped ( by previous owner ) with a throttle controller which is pretty much useless considering how much power u have on tap. 4WD control is using button. I have tried both 4H and 4L. I would use 4L even when the track got a little more challenging as this is is not VGT/VGS vehicle and power comes later and sudden. 4L helps me control the power easier. On my NA Pajero i will use 4H for the same track. This could be down to driver/pilot preference.

20220820_091910.jpg

Simple meter cluster...Nothing odd or special. Tachometer will visit the higher half frequently in this vehicle. Thats where the power resides.

20220820_091916.jpg

My bro in law change the head unit and comes with a reverse camera which should be made compulsory for all pickup since the beginning. Other control are just...aircond and its cold, very cold.

20220821_095355.jpg

Double glove box. More place to store item not needed which one day will be thrown away. Why 2? I think because they realize the glovebox is indeed shallow.

20220820_091747.jpg

Rear legroom is generous. Even better than some B segment sedan. However, do remember that this is a pickup and the backrest is more upright than any car. Coupled that with pickup suspension, definitely not a place to be on long journey. Not sure if newer pickup improved on this.

20220820_092026.jpg

Suspension had been upgraded. I cant compare with stock as i never got the chance to drive a stock Navara. I like this setup. Its firm, a bit firmer that conti cars...its made as a workshorse anyway.

continue......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I wanna install 4g93 into my saga flx and i was wondering if there is any workshop that does it. if there is, please recommend and leave contact info~ KL area, thanks :3 P.S: Idk if this is the correct place to post it
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience