D1 All Stars coming to town

Waja1.6X

Known Member
Oct 4, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.facebook.com
I AM FROM JB and i can onli think of 1 place.....a open lot tarmac surface at Danga Bay....we recently have a drifting demo there...mostly A31...i'll try to get a pic for u...but if this event is held at JB...i doubt it can get any attention at all cos JBreans r still at the "MAT REMPIT" era....hehehe :D.

zenki sounded abit sarcastic giving those comments...no offends bro...drifting is increasing in M'sia...maybe is still raw la...there's not many FR cars in m'sia "BUT" still got a pretty large number la...e.g.Zee and CO. are the drifting taikos in KL...have u ever heard of MALAYSIA BOLEH...!!!! WAT DID PEOPLE SAY WHEN DR.M SAID HE WANTED TO BUILT CARS.....!!!????OTHERS LAUGH AT US...!!!BUT WE STILL DID IT AND PROTON IS 1 OF THE LARGEST CAR MANIFACTURER IN ASIA....!!!! DON'T DOUBT MALAYSIA......BELIEVEEEEEE~~~~!!!! MALAYSIA BOLEH....MALAYSIA BLEH...MALAYSIAAAAA BOELEEEHHHHHH~~~~!!!!(sorry ar....a bit out of hand....semangat patriotik la.....hehehe :blink: )

talking about the USA drifting scene....u now that most of them use skyline and NSX to demo their skills(watch astro channel 13 la..)...Skyline is a 4WD and NSX is a MR car...u see...not onli FR cars can drift....is all bout the skill bro...so...i trully support this event...D1 racers coming to m'sia to drift...is a once in a life time chance....so....update this event ler....

sorry if i offended any1...PEACE!!!

zenki

May 11, 2004
i didnt go to calders but at least half of 13 people who were in the 12 seater van owns ae86 in SA.. and those of u who went calders might saw this alcoholic guy wearing brown t-shirt drinking and fell over the fence during the award ceremony.....memalukan

i am not trying to critisize drifting in malaysia...all i am seeing is..there's demand..but there's no supply of rwd cars..and YES there are rwd cars...but those are the rwd cars which doesnt have much aftermarket parts available...if there are..its very scarce..

example...KE70 is a cheap rwd cars...but uses ae86 aftermarket parts...

but in the end of the day...drifting is all about money...if u got the money...u can start drifting...if u dont have...u only can dream about it..just like me..

but anyway...please prove me wrong for being doubtful..if there's D1 drivers coming to msia...i might wanna come back and watch...that's if there's uni break..

LanEvoX

Known Member
Feb 22, 2004
NORTH POLE!
www.touge.com.my
Originally posted by zenki@Oct 16 2004, 00:30

but in the end of the day...drifting is all about money...if u got the money...u can start drifting...if u dont have...u only can dream about it..just like me..

zenki, can i say that the car price in malaysia is one of the reason?

zenki

May 11, 2004
yes..proton's prices in malaysia is a JOKE..big time joke..
how about telling PROTON to start developing a RWD cars? but chances are...zero..
proton is a copycat of mitsubishi...how u just wish they copied NISSAN rwd cars.. B)

ashes

Aug 13, 2004
Originally posted by zenki@Oct 21 2004, 01:57
yes..proton's prices in malaysia is a JOKE..big time joke..
how about telling PROTON to start developing a RWD cars? but chances are...zero..
proton is a copycat of mitsubishi...how u just wish they copied NISSAN rwd cars.. B)
just wait and see! ;)

soon

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
Right then... gathered a few locations and will be proposing to Option D1 to confirm venues. Once that is sorted out, the dates will be in discussion next.

Fingers crossed

learnyee

Aug 3, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
Originally posted by zenki@Oct 6 2004, 23:54
yes no doubt someone in malaysia can bring in 10 D1 cars as well...BUTTTTTTTTT.....my main question is...WHICH COMPANY is willing to fork out the MONEY to transport D1 cars from japan as well as pay for all the expenses of those D1 drivers, crews & showgirls.. <_<
I believed this kind of event would consider country to country interaction and government involvement is very important to make the event succesful. As the sponsorship goes, it will not just limited to just a single company.
The OC is the one who must be capable to get all the sponsorship to cover the expenses of this event.
There are some NGO (Junior Chamber International is one of them) in Malaysia capable in doing this and government + sponsorship will not be an issue if they are convinced that this event is going to earn them something, pratically money.

Just my opinion.

chanl55

Known Member
Jan 2, 2004
midship:

Sorry I couldn't get the pics to you yet. so damn bz with work the past 2 weeks...shit is piling up!

Waja1.6X

Known Member
Oct 4, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.facebook.com
guess JB is out of da question...r u guys willing to come down to JB for this event??? :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

space_cowboy

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2003
a..aa..aapolloo
Visit site
Hmmm....
I think the only D1 fella who came here is to survey/discuss with the Shah Alam Go-Kart owner in opening a Drift track..the rest...dunno... ;)

cheers'

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
Originally posted by Waja1.6X@Oct 23 2004, 13:29
guess JB is out of da question...r u guys willing to come down to JB for this event??? :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:
JB... penang and certainly KL are the places we are looking into to hold D1 event

space_cowboy

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2003
a..aa..aapolloo
Visit site
Originally posted by midship+Oct 25 2004, 11:57 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (midship @ Oct 25 2004, 11:57 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Waja1.6X@Oct 23 2004, 13:29
JB... penang and certainly KL are the places we are looking into to hold D1 event [/b][/quote]
hmmm if its true, KL's the place...center of attraction... :D :D

cheers'

SomeGuy_sg

Known Member
Oct 2, 2004
I would think a good place would be JB . hehe... than i can go for the drift exhibition ;) hehe ..

Waja1.6X

Known Member
Oct 4, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.facebook.com
Originally posted by SomeGuy_sg@Nov 13 2004, 21:43
I would think a good place would be JB . hehe... than i can go for the drift exhibition ;) hehe ..
Danga Bay la....got a very big tarmac surface space.....very wide and big~~~ ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sifu,

i planning to send my engine for full balancing but i don have any idea who and where to send it.I heard there is 1 in damansara but im not sure abt it. Any other recommend reputated machinery shop can do this in kl? how much would they charge?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience