Custom Turbo Kit (Suzuki Swift)

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys

Considering what i have learnt from sifus here, i've decided to turbocharge my car, the Suzuki Swift 1.5 AT. The BOTs and kits offered by companies are way too expensive though. I've heard from a friend that bought his own kit for his myvi for just 3.5k.

How much would it cost for a whole turbo kit set up? :driver::driver::driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi guys

Considering what i have learnt from sifus here, i've decided to turbocharge my car, the Suzuki Swift 1.5 AT. The BOTs and kits offered by companies are way too expensive though. I've heard from a friend that bought his own kit for his myvi for just 3.5k.

How much would it cost for a whole turbo kit set up? :driver::driver::driver:
Is it 2nd hand? If new, RM3.5k is cheap....:driver:

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
You also look for someone sell to you 2nd hand loh......:driver:
turbo kits for suzuki swift below 5k is very hard to find leh. even second hand :bawling: all 8k and above. i need to buy slow slow one. td04 if not mistaken can fit inside the swift's engine bay. :biggrin: :driver:

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I think he source everything by himself. Bov, wastegate, turbo, intercooler, management.
All chop shop has them. Stock turbo is cheap to buy which everyone sold them for upgraded ones.
whats bov? wastegate, turbo, intercooler, management all can get second hand right? what else do you need for a turbo set up?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think he source everything by himself. Bov, wastegate, turbo, intercooler, management.
All chop shop has them. Stock turbo is cheap to buy which everyone sold them for upgraded ones.
Not just any, mah! Have to be able to fit on......

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
recently i saw BOT kit for swift up for sale in mudah.my for rm2.2k if not mistaken..try look in there...

but for sure with that price u must take account for the installation and tuning as well (might need piggyback/standalon ecu which would easily double the bot kit price)

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Welcome to the dark side.... well i must say, it depends on what you want basically... You can have a full new setup with the price as advertised in the website like some of the famous brand to name a few, speedworks turbo kit, zage turbo kit, hks turbo kit and bla bla bla.. to something that you tried mix and match to achieve both price and reliability that you want.. but of course, sometimes the cost might not be cheap.. all depends on your luck i must say.. and the hands that helped you to put everything together and also of course the "god" hands that help you to make the brain work like what you wanted.. because by just having a top notch heart will not bring you anywhere if you do not have a good brain to give instructions.. and just a word of advice, you need to be "EXTRA" caring towards your new boosted heart.. more dedicated to all the lubricants that used in it... ie: regular servicing interval of 5000km or 7000km once, some may still use 5/40 or 10/40 but every 5000km change.. or you may also use 10/50 or 15/50 with 5000/7000km oil change.. if you have some spare cash, it's recommended to spend on a better quality oil.. it really makes a different... also take note of the cooling area.. swift engines are originally higher temperature in nature.. it's hotter than a standard myvi or a toyota vios in stock form.. so cooling can really be a big issue.. oil cooler, auto gear oil cooler and radiator plays a part.. also air vents helps a lot if you have all the necessary dials to monitor it, you will know air vents makes a lot of improvement, coolant and engine oil too.. so bro.. i don't mind sitting down to have a coffee session with you to share with you more about it.. it's fun.. it's frustrating.. and it's adrenaline rushing.. hehe...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
whats bov? wastegate, turbo, intercooler, management all can get second hand right? what else do you need for a turbo set up?
Bov - Blow off valve.....

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Welcome to the dark side.... well i must say, it depends on what you want basically... You can have a full new setup with the price as advertised in the website like some of the famous brand to name a few, speedworks turbo kit, zage turbo kit, hks turbo kit and bla bla bla.. to something that you tried mix and match to achieve both price and reliability that you want.. but of course, sometimes the cost might not be cheap.. all depends on your luck i must say.. and the hands that helped you to put everything together and also of course the "god" hands that help you to make the brain work like what you wanted.. because by just having a top notch heart will not bring you anywhere if you do not have a good brain to give instructions.. and just a word of advice, you need to be "EXTRA" caring towards your new boosted heart.. more dedicated to all the lubricants that used in it... ie: regular servicing interval of 5000km or 7000km once, some may still use 5/40 or 10/40 but every 5000km change.. or you may also use 10/50 or 15/50 with 5000/7000km oil change.. if you have some spare cash, it's recommended to spend on a better quality oil.. it really makes a different... also take note of the cooling area.. swift engines are originally higher temperature in nature.. it's hotter than a standard myvi or a toyota vios in stock form.. so cooling can really be a big issue.. oil cooler, auto gear oil cooler and radiator plays a part.. also air vents helps a lot if you have all the necessary dials to monitor it, you will know air vents makes a lot of improvement, coolant and engine oil too.. so bro.. i don't mind sitting down to have a coffee session with you to share with you more about it.. it's fun.. it's frustrating.. and it's adrenaline rushing.. hehe...
Have TT.....:biggrin:

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
recently i saw BOT kit for swift up for sale in mudah.my for rm2.2k if not mistaken..try look in there...

but for sure with that price u must take account for the installation and tuning as well (might need piggyback/standalon ecu which would easily double the bot kit price)
wah 2.2k only will try and find!

whoaaa all this must be taken into account ah? :bawling: i just want extra power from that little engine. I dont want to go high boost, just average. Im not going for a monster 300hp kind of engine (there's a suzuki swift from indonesia that has 380whp, and recently he just bumped the horsepower up to 420. thats crazy fast.) Im not into drag racing, im more towards touge. I just want enough power to have a little bit more fun. :biggrin: can can lets meet up! but discuss only first lah :rofl: because im waiting for my car to end warranty in July next year. then can boost :biggrin:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
wah 2.2k only will try and find!

whoaaa all this must be taken into account ah? :bawling: i just want extra power from that little engine. I dont want to go high boost, just average. Im not going for a monster 300hp kind of engine (there's a suzuki swift from indonesia that has 380whp, and recently he just bumped the horsepower up to 420. thats crazy fast.) Im not into drag racing, im more towards touge. I just want enough power to have a little bit more fun. :biggrin: can can lets meet up! but discuss only first lah :rofl: because im waiting for my car to end warranty in July next year. then can boost :biggrin:
I'm in jb.. haha... if possible to meet up, i'll show you some poisons.. haha.. it's a basic setup.. but you need to take many things into consideration... Brakes and suspension too... you wouldn't just drive at 80km/h after turbo charge right? So can you stop in time if you can speed that fast? Can your car handle that corner or sudden change of lane? At first, I also think BOT is cheap.. Yes it's cheap if you can find a super darn cheap like mine.. but it's the aftermath of installing this kit.. the follow ups that you need to cater.. :driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I'm in jb.. haha... if possible to meet up, i'll show you some poisons.. haha.. it's a basic setup.. but you need to take many things into consideration... Brakes and suspension too... you wouldn't just drive at 80km/h after turbo charge right? So can you stop in time if you can speed that fast? Can your car handle that corner or sudden change of lane? At first, I also think BOT is cheap.. Yes it's cheap if you can find a super darn cheap like mine.. but it's the aftermath of installing this kit.. the follow ups that you need to cater.. :driver:
Exactly, when I first did my transplant, the engine cost was RM3.5k and workmanship was RM1.5k, so I thought budget RM5k. I was lucky in the sense the half cut came with the brake kit, meaning I had the bigger servo and also bigger brake disc and calipers that came with it. However there was still the exhaust system and suspension that cost another RM2.5k.....:smokin:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Then comes the gauges for monitoring each and every important things, seats to hold you properly when your car is already good in handling, but driver cannot sit properly thru the corner you took, ... never ending.. till lastly, change car... wahahaha....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does anyone know where I can find the stuff mentioned above?

preferably the complete set (all 4) so that I can use 5 bolt rims?
It must come with the original discs, caliper and knuckles (since I would not need to buy the things seperately.
Have you come across some at your local kedai potong store?

PM/ reply here with details.

Price and location is all the info I need.
Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience