corolla seg ae111 with 4age bt for puspakom.

loupho

Mar 9, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i am going to buy the car but scare will have problem with the puspakom cause for changing the owner have to go through puspakom. the 4age black top is stended everything.. extractor is with cover.. will there be any problem with puspakom ? i worry the extractor only... pls help... cause i have never change ownerships of car before.. thanks... :adore::adore:

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
If u worry, just use JPJ runner to do the inspection. Sure pass.. the only thing need to pay for some amount.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Just ensure your car is...
  1. not a potong car
  2. the exhaust is not loud or too protruding out from the rear bumper
  3. your brakes (front/rear) are working perfectly.... majority of my friends who failed the inspection because of braking issue...
  4. Ensure that your car does not exceed 3 colors... no joke... for example, your ae111 will be rejected if body original blue but with jdm bonnet (yellow), green wagon bumper and white skirtings :stupid:

if you say the extractor is still covered...its no issue

...if you got the time, it's better to do it yourself... save a lot of money...

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
tinted...
brake
exhaust dont too loud
chassis potong or sambung
engine no easy to see
document all enuf...

good luck

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
Nego with the seller and pay a bit of downpayment to get the car inspected by the seller.. Buy only if the car passes inspection. Responsible seller + responsible buyer = win!

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Nego with the seller and pay a bit of downpayment to get the car inspected by the seller.. Buy only if the car passes inspection. Responsible seller + responsible buyer = win!
About this, I got experience where the seller (2nd hand dealer) send for inspection and it passed. But after I used for a year, I sent it back for inspection and cannot pass the tint. Sure before that the fella suap them to pass la... Bugger... If like that, I am thinking then if kereta potong oso can pass la. As long as the seller suap them. really hopeless and unfair to consumers.... If we accidentally bought kete potong really farked up...

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
for puspakom test, blacktop on ae is not a prob at all. Just make sure u don't put the sport exhaust there. Use the stock exhaust 1st, stock piping, and keep the catalytic converter there to be safe. For my case, they din even bother to do the emission test, they straight away do the other tests. The other thing is don't lower your car, keep it stock first. They will run the height test through a beam in the middle. Stock height will definitely not scratch that beam. My car is 4 doors tinted, they din even do the tint test. I would say u feared too much on the test, it's a lot easier than what you imagined.. Hope this helps.

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
About this, I got experience where the seller (2nd hand dealer) send for inspection and it passed. But after I used for a year, I sent it back for inspection and cannot pass the tint. Sure before that the fella suap them to pass la... Bugger... If like that, I am thinking then if kereta potong oso can pass la. As long as the seller suap them. really hopeless and unfair to consumers.... If we accidentally bought kete potong really farked up...
Yeah, thats why I mentioned responsible seller.. :)

The best option is to go with the seller. I bought and sold my last car by doing this. Take leave one day with the buyer to go to puspakom and JPJ.. Can settle in the morning.. Afternoon lepak :P

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
IMHO...if no increase in cc supposed to be no problem...plus bt almost plug n play in your ae 111 chassis...no need to redo the mounting and all (this first thing puspakom look when dealing with engine transplant) although mine have to go in puspakom 2 time...first time brake not makan enough...after readjusting...went in second time then pass...other thing they barely check...maybe its my luck...i say this because my car exterior is already crap by standard...peeling paint...pealing tint...cracked headlights...among other thing...worried that they will tell me just to scrap my car...:bawling:

other tips that maybe useful...

1. get your car clean...first impression is important...best to retain stock equipment until pass inspection...
2. get there early in the morning...in the morning people are less grumpy...and more likely to pass compared to if go in the afternoon/evening...(i think they apply the same rule as the government servants do):stupid:
3. make sure everything (mechanical and electrical) works...ie check your bulbs,handbrake etc...sometime even these minor things can lead to failed inspection...

slightly off topic...is it true now days both parties (buyer and seller) have to be present (mandatory) during the procedure when purchasing used car...or is it just at the JPJ...puspakom...or have to both...??

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
slightly off topic...is it true now days both parties (buyer and seller) have to be present (mandatory) during the procedure when purchasing used car...or is it just at the JPJ...puspakom...or have to both...??
Yes, both parties have to be present.. I'm not sure if the form stamped by the commissioner of oath could still be used..

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Guys, with the new rule for inspection in place, i think there is more to just than that. However, this is only effective as of 1st June 2011 which required B7 inspection. Refer list below:

1. Glass area
2. Condition of the body
3. Wheelhouse
4. Pillars
5. Cut and joint
6. Floor
7. Type of fuel
8. Chassis frame
9. Tyres
10. Engine mounting
11. Air-condition system
12. Odometer reading
13. CNG system for NGV
14. Side-slip test (to check the alignment of two front tyres)
15. Emission
16. Suspension
17. Brake system
18. Under carriage inspection that consists cut and joint, floor, chassis frame, engine mounting, exhaust system including muffler and gearbox (visual inspection for leakages etc).

Ref: Puspakom inspection for used cars to be expanded – from June 1, roadworthiness condition check to be compulsory

As for current procedure, you can just make do with B2 inspection. Just make sure your brakes are good (especially rear brakes), tinted, chassis & engine code, not so loud exhaust, lamps all working and not too lowered. Most importantly, no unusual weld marks on chassis including the engine mount area. Price will be RM30-60 and you can DIY as it only takes 1-2hours max (try Puspakom Bangi).

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
to share experiance with recently check with puspakom. all has been done by runner...pay rm350

1. seg auto - convert to blacktop manual...when i test the car i said sure fail due to brake..but when check at puspakom..uikssss...can pass...dammmm...good.

2. se 1.3 - convert to blacktop..need top-up extra rm60.00..due to chasis issue..but stay pass la..ha ha ha

wilm3

500 RPM
Aug 4, 2005
KL
hi, if u r buying the white seg bt auto from my fren tat i intro...it shouldn't b any problem cos his car as i said is in vy good n stock condition. jus make sure the brake is good then doing the inspection by ur own self should save u a lot....

a fren of mine failed after the inspection then he asked how to make it pass...then the officer jus request him a RM50 and reprint the report to PASS....????!!!! we r in BOLEH LAND ma....

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
done the inspection b4 when sell my car
ae92 with blacktop 6 speed
gearbox mounting is modifying by welding
my ride is too low until it slightly scratch with the beam when it is on the way out
already got puspakom tinted pass sticker from the previous checked, so, they dont borther to recheck my tinted again. just take the no behind the sticker..
they also don't do the brake test..
the only thing they check is that the car is not potong car, tinted pass the qualification, your car still can survive the beam, engine and chasis no is same as in registration card. even color does not same as registration card also does not give me harm.
rm30 job..
some more, the previous owner done the inspection with trumpet installed and passed it..

but if you go there to do the inspection for engine registration purpose, they will very2 strict..
for change the ownership, no much issue..
i done the inspection at puspakom setapak..

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all,
i'm owning a saga lmst with 4g13p,done top head overhaul,change spark plug,air filter and extra...
problem is jerking. When my rpm without on AC is 1000 every thing is ok without jerk,when AC on the rpm drop to 750 to 800 car so jerk..i checked the vacuum connected from intake magnaflow is ok without fault.After that i tried to adjust the AC idle with AC on to 1000rpm, it was no jerk but in the same time i off the AC rpm went to 1300 to 1400, it was too high so i decided to adjust...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience