confused to choose vw golf gti or audi a4

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
I know, thats why i change my car, multitronic is for tamed driver and not slow in response. I played on the DSG and S-tronic before, but i still love the feeling of manual...and quattro so i bought my friend's audi B7 2.0t quattro manual. i love the feeling on engaging the clutch right with the gear change. :)

By the way, the MK 6 gti looks good with OSIR bodykit and run pretty fast with K04 turbine kit from APR. For me, Golf-R will be more favarobale because it has 4motion... :P

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
Need to revive & borrow this thread for a while to seek advice from all the sifus here.

Am considering switching to these 2 cars, sick & tired of searching high & low to mod my current ride. Also bcoz of unforeseen work requirement, would definitely need to swap my ride for something more elegant & presentable.

Have read about both the cars mentioned but I'm still confused & really appreciate some advice here on the followings:

Audi A4 B7
1. Transmission - is it true that the S-Line Quattro version comes with 6 speed while other versions comes with 7 speed?

2. Steering - Noticed that some of the models come with 4 spoke steering instead of 3. Different version?

3. S-Line - Noticed a lot advertised at S-Line, some with the S-line indicator at the front frille & side sill plate while others nothing to indicate that it's S-Line. What are the actual extras / enhancement in the S-Line models?

Golf GTi MK5
1. Interior color - noticed that most of the models are with grey interior but did found a few with beige & black (very rare) interior. Anything to look out for i.e. different country spec / special edition

2. Seat - While most that i saw were with leather seats, did found a few in fabric / chequered print. Again, whats with the latter? Special edition?

3. Problems - Read that the 05 & 06 models are more problematic compared to 07 & beyond. Someone mentioned that there are some minor tweaks & enhancement in the 07 & beyond models to resolved the 05 / 06 models, how true are these claims?

4. Performance - Saw some Wald versions which claimed to have higher HP & Torque. Same goes for some ABT version.How to know whether they are ori or just some add ons (decal, body kit etc)

Thanks in advance :itsme: