Cant remove key from igntion & car cant startup.

swgiant

May 11, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Car already off and in "P" position, cant remove the key from ignition. Then try to start the car again, failed. Only cranking sound. Also try shift the gear up & down from P, R, N, D, 1, 2 but still cant startup and key still stuck inside. I only can remove the key when I disconnected battery + - terminals. Seems like safety feature jammed there.

First thought was battery fault but foreman tested the battery still in Green Zone, voltage still in healthy. Could it be alarm anti-theft feature ? But my alarm is very simple and basic, which does not come with anti-theft feature or cut fuel feature. Now the alarm is not functioning together with center lock. When I pressed the alarm to lock/unlock, it got lock/unlock mechanical sound but center lock still maintained in 'locked' position! Therefore, i have to unlock the alarm just to disable the siren, then manual unlock the car.

Whats problem there? Wiring problem ? Ignition switch problem ? Gear Shift cable problem ? Car already towed to workshop. They mentioned need to take time to diagnosis. :confused:

swgiant

May 11, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
almost a week past, car still in the workshop. Car can start but remote lock/unlock is not functioning. Have to press the remote to disable the alarm's siren then manually unlock the car. Tauke is busying...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
try to find a button located next to the ignition, u might need to press it at the same time & remove the key.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

also try turning the steering wheel from left to right & vice versa & remove the key...

swgiant

May 11, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
received a phone call from foreman, he mentioned the main relay already spoilt. He recommends me to replace a new set as the existing is quite fragile and weakened by the infirmities of old age, 23 years already. It costs me RM 400+, have to wait 1 week for stock arrive.

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
received a phone call from foreman, he mentioned the main relay already spoilt. He recommends me to replace a new set as the existing is quite fragile and weakened by the infirmities of old age, 23 years already. It costs me RM 400+, have to wait 1 week for stock arrive.
in that case make sure u r there when they r goin to replace the relay coz if it's not the prob u r paying them for nothing.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

where's the fun of buying a complete car bryan. im sure ur orange supra came from a stock supra! LOL

i think the stock photos is around here somewhere, look, here it is!!

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience